Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1566365 times)

urneygirl

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #22515 on: January 11, 2019, 06:13:16 PM »
HI GIRLS,

JEAN, I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER, THIS WEATHER IS CRAZY, ONE DAY MILD AND THE NEXT FREEZING. I FIND JANUARY A DREARY MONTH AFTER ALL THE HUSTLE AND BUSTLE OF DECEMBER. I HAVE BEEN SURFING THE NET  :D FOR A WINTER BREAK IN FLORIDA AND THE PRICES ARE REDICULOUS, SO I'M GIVING UP ON THAT.  ::)

THAT WAS A LOVELY STORY ABOUT THE LADY AND HER WONDERFUL DOG, WHAT A BLESSING FOR HER TO HAVE SUCH A LOVELY COMPANION   :)

LIZ, I'M GLAD YOU HAVE YOUR FRIEND BACK HOME, I HOPE SHE HAD A GOOD TIME :)

NOT MUCH GOING ON HERE TODAY I'M JUST CATCHING UP ON A BIT OF HOUSEWORK SO NOTHING EXCITING  ::)

TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND  :-**

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22516 on: January 11, 2019, 10:18:59 PM »
HI GIRLS,
JEAN, I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER, THIS WEATHER IS CRAZY, ONE DAY MILD AND THE NEXT FREEZING. I FIND JANUARY A DREARY MONTH AFTER ALL THE HUSTLE AND BUSTLE OF DECEMBER. I HAVE BEEN SURFING THE NET  :D FOR A WINTER BREAK IN FLORIDA AND THE PRICES ARE REDICULOUS, SO I'M GIVING UP ON THAT.  ::)
THAT WAS A LOVELY STORY ABOUT THE LADY AND HER WONDERFUL DOG, WHAT A BLESSING FOR HER TO HAVE SUCH A LOVELY COMPANION   :)
LIZ, I'M GLAD YOU HAVE YOUR FRIEND BACK HOME, I HOPE SHE HAD A GOOD TIME :)

NOT MUCH GOING ON HERE TODAY I'M JUST CATCHING UP ON A BIT OF HOUSEWORK SO NOTHING EXCITING  ::)
TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND  :-* *

RUBY,  THEY ALWAYS ENJOY GETTING AWAY AND THEY ALWAYS GO AS A FAMILY.   I'M SORRY YOU CAN'T FIND ANYTHING  CHEAP TO GO,  IT USE TO BE YOU COULD ALWAYS FIND A CHEAP PLACE IN FLORIDA, HOW COME IT'S SO EXPENSIVE NOW, I HOPE YOU CAN FIND SOMEWHERE  TO GO AND HAVE A NICE BREAK.   WE REALLY ARE IN THE COLD WEATHER NOW AND THIS WOULD BE THE TIME FOR A NICE SUNNY BREAK.  I WAS WATCHING A SHOW THE OTHER DAY AND  THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT CHEAP PLACES  TO GO AND FLORIDA WAS NOT ONE THEM.  I TRUELY WISH I COULD REMEMBER, IT'S SOMEWHERE YOU WOULD NOT THINK OF.  KEEP TRYING ANYWAY LOVE.   LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

kraftcheese

« Reply #22517 on: January 12, 2019, 02:40:41 AM »

KC  DID YOU EVER GET USE TO THAT HOT WEATHER, MY AUNT, RIP,  SAID  WITH ALL THE LENGTH OF TIME SHE HAD BEEN THERE , SHE NEVER DID GET USE TO IT.  ANYWAY NEXT TIME IT GETS TOO  HOT SEND SOME OVER HERE , WE NEED IT RIGHT NOW,  HA.  LIZ :-*

LIZ, THE HEAT NEARLY KILLED US THE FIRST FEW YEARS WE WERE HERE, BUT WE DID GET USED TO IT AND WE LOVE IT (NOT 40c THOUGH AND THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN OFTEN).  PEOPLE USED TO SAY YOUR BLOOD GOT THINNER SO YOU COULD COPE WITH THE HEAT.  ALL I KNOW IS, I CAN COPE WITH THE HEAT, BUT I CANNOT COPE WITH THE COLD (EVEN WHAT WE CALL COLD HERE).  I THINK WE ALL JUST ADAPT TO WHERE WE'VE LIVED FOR MANY YEARS.  HOPE YOU'RE KEEPING WELL AND THAT YOUR PAINS AREN'T GIVING YOU TOO MUCH TROUBLE.  :-*

JEAN AND LILLIAN, SORRY TO HEAR YOU TWO HAVEN'T BEEN FEELING TOO GOOD AND I HOPE YOU'RE BETTER NOW AND BACK TO NORMAL.  :-*

RUBY I DON'T THINK THERE'S ANY SUCH THING AS A CHEAP HOLIDAY ANY MORE.  WHEN IT'S WINTER HERE, I ALWAYS LOOK AT HOLIDAYS IN FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND, BUT THEY'RE NOT CHEAP BECAUSE THAT'S THEIR PEAK SEASON.  (TOO HOT, WET AND HUMID THERE IN THE SUMMER.)  :-*

SCOTLAND (M), HOPE YOU'RE IN FINE FETTLE AND HAVE HAD A GOOD START TO 2019. :-*
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22518 on: January 12, 2019, 02:57:44 AM »
LIZ, THE HEAT NEARLY KILLED US THE FIRST FEW YEARS WE WERE HERE, BUT WE DID GET USED TO IT AND WE LOVE IT (NOT 40c THOUGH AND THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN OFTEN).  PEOPLE USED TO SAY YOUR BLOOD GOT THINNER SO YOU COULD COPE WITH THE HEAT.  ALL I KNOW IS, I CAN COPE WITH THE HEAT, BUT I CANNOT COPE WITH THE COLD (EVEN WHAT WE CALL COLD HERE).  I THINK WE ALL JUST ADAPT TO WHERE WE'VE LIVED FOR MANY YEARS.  HOPE YOU'RE KEEPING WELL AND THAT YOUR PAINS AREN'T GIVING YOU TOO MUCH TROUBLE.  :-*

JEAN AND LILLIAN, SORRY TO HEAR YOU TWO HAVEN'T BEEN FEELING TOO GOOD AND I HOPE YOU'RE BETTER NOW AND BACK TO NORMAL.  :-*

RUBY I DON'T THINK THERE'S ANY SUCH THING AS A CHEAP HOLIDAY ANY MORE.  WHEN IT'S WINTER HERE, I ALWAYS LOOK AT HOLIDAYS IN FAR NORTH QUEENSLAND, BUT THEY'RE NOT CHEAP BECAUSE THAT'S THEIR PEAK SEASON.  (TOO HOT, WET AND HUMID THERE IN THE SUMMER.)  :-*

SCOTLAND (M), HOPE YOU'RE IN FINE FETTLE AND HAVE HAD A GOOD START TO 2019. :-*

KC, THEY TOLD US THAT AS WELL WHEN WE FIRST CAME OVER BUT IN ALL THE YEARS I'VE BEEN HERE I STILL PREFER THE COOLNESS OF SPRING OR AUTUMN.  MIND YOU WHEN IT'S WINTER I CAN'T WAIT TILL THE HEAT COMES HA.   I ALWAYS SAY IT'S BECAUSE I WAS  BORN IN OCTOBER HA.    I ALWAYS THOUGHT I WOULD LIKE TO GO BACK HOME TO SETTLE BUT THEN I THOUGHT OF THE DAMPNESS AND MY ARITHRITIS,  I DON'T THINK OUR GREEN LAND HAS  THE RIGHT TEMP. FOR ME BUT WHO CAN TELL. I HOPE SOMETHING WILL COME UP AND YOU CAN GET SOMEWHERE CHEAP  TO GO.   BUT YOU STILL HAVE A LOT OF GOOD WEATHER  TO COME.  RIGHT NOW IT'S -8  AND WE STILL HAVE LOTS MORE TO COME.  HATE TO THINK OF IT.  I'M OF NOW LOVE SO HAVE A NICE DAY.  LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #22519 on: January 12, 2019, 03:50:38 PM »
GOOD MORNING ALL.

SARAH, YEARS AGO YOU COULD GET AN AFFORDABLE VACATION IN FLORIDA, EVEN UP TO A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO BUT NOW THE PRICES HAVE GONE CRAZY, I THINK MR TRUMP IS TRYING TO KEEP US OUT :D  WE HAVE BEEN CHECKING THE ALL INCLUSIVE VACATIONS AND I'M SURE WE'LL FIND SOMETHING, THERE ARE A LOT TO CHOOSE FROM. OUR SUN IS SHINNING BUT WE COULD DO WITH A BIT OF YOUR HEAT :-*

LIZ, NO WHERE IS CHEAP ANYMORE, WE STAYED IN THE SAME PLACE IN FLORIDA TWO YEARS IN A ROW AND THIS YEAR THE PRICES HAVE TRIPPLED. :o

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22520 on: January 12, 2019, 10:36:16 PM »
GOOD MORNING ALL.

SARAH, YEARS AGO YOU COULD GET AN AFFORDABLE VACATION IN FLORIDA, EVEN UP TO A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO BUT NOW THE PRICES HAVE GONE CRAZY, I THINK MR TRUMP IS TRYING TO KEEP US OUT :D  WE HAVE BEEN CHECKING THE ALL INCLUSIVE VACATIONS AND I'M SURE WE'LL FIND SOMETHING, THERE ARE A LOT TO CHOOSE FROM. OUR SUN IS SHINNING BUT WE COULD DO WITH A BIT OF YOUR HEAT :-*

LIZ, NO WHERE IS CHEAP ANYMORE, WE STAYED IN THE SAME PLACE IN FLORIDA TWO YEARS IN A ROW AND THIS YEAR THE PRICES HAVE TRIPPLED. :o

I HAD A LONG POST AND IT'S GONE AND I'M NOT IN THE MOOD TO REPOST, >:D   I THINK IT WAS MY FAULT.  WILL POST LATER .LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

jackiehillis

« Reply #22521 on: January 12, 2019, 11:33:58 PM »
I HAD A LONG POST AND IT'S GONE AND I'M NOT IN THE MOOD TO REPOST, >:D   I THINK IT WAS MY FAULT.  WILL POST LATER .LIZ :-*
                        HI ELIZABETH. HEADING DOWN TO ALABAMA IN THE MORNING ( SUNDAY )  I'LL TRY AND KEEP IN TOUCH.    * 
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

mcd

« Reply #22522 on: January 13, 2019, 01:33:36 AM »

HI ELIZABETH. HEADING DOWN TO ALABAMA IN THE MORNING ( SUNDAY )  I'LL TRY AND KEEP IN TOUCH.    *
TRACTOR

JACKIE SAFE TRAVELS  AND BE CAREFUL ON THE WAY OUR NEIGHBOUR DROVE DOWN  ALMOST A WEEK AGO  AND GOT STUCK BEHIND A MULTI TRACTOR TRAILER  PILEUP ON THE I 75  WHEN I SPOKE TO  OF HER  SHE WAS A BARREL OF NERVES SAID SHE CAN'T GET IT OUT OF HER MIND , SO EASY DOES IT .     

GIRLS   I AM DOING BETTER THANK YOU ALL , I HAVE TAKEN IRON MED FOR YEARS  MY OLD DR  HERE IN CANADA WAS A COUNTRY MAN  FROM HOME  ( BEST DR WE HAVE EVER HAD )  TOLD ME TO START DRINKING   ::)  :D A GLASS OF SHERRY A DAY WHICH WAS FINE UNTIL IT TURNED INTO 2 AND SO ON  ;) :D THEN I STARTED TO TAKE  A PILL A DAY  NOW I AM TAKING A LIQUID 3 TIMES A DAY  ( NO NOT SHERRY  :D )

LIZ  I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL , MAKES YOU WANT TO THROW THE COMPUTER OUT THE WINDIE   ;) I HAVE DONE THAT MYSELF A FEW TIMES  BUT I THINK IT WAS MY OWN FAULT  :o

RUBY  I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL JUST WANT TO FEEL THE SUN ON YOU FACE  WE ARE HEADING SOUTH TOWARDS THE END OF THE MONTH PLAN ON CHECKING THE PLACE OUT FOR NEXT YEAR  SO WE WILL SEE .

SCOTLAND   I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU IN YOUR LITTLE CORNER OF THE WORLD  WEATHER WISE I AM SURE YOU ARE SPENDING A LOT OF
TIME COSIED UP TO THE FIRE .   

STAY WELL CHUMS  HAVE A GOOD NIGHT  :-*

Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22523 on: January 13, 2019, 11:02:02 AM »

HI JACKIE,  GLAD TO HEAR  YOU'RE ON YOUR WAY AND  THE STRANGE THING IS, I HAD ASKED ABOUT YOU AND VI IN IT.  I HOPE YOUSE HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY LOVE.   LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22524 on: January 13, 2019, 11:10:42 AM »

[font=] LIZ  I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL , MAKES YOU WANT TO THROW THE COMPUTER OUT THE WINDIE   [/font][font=&amp]
[font=] I HAVE DONE THAT MYSELF A FEW TIMES  BUT I THINK IT WAS MY OWN FAULT  [/font][font=&amp]
JEAN,  I LIKED THE BEGINNING OF YOUR POST ABOUT THE SHERRY HA.   I WAS TAKING 4 OF THOSE ADVIL  E.S. LIQUID GELS  THE TIME I HAD THE SHINGLES.  THEY REALLY HELPED.   I KNOW IT SAID  TAKE 3 BUT I  TOOK THE FOUR.  I'M GLAD YOU'RE STARTING TO FEEL BETTER.   IT WOULD BE LOVELY  WHEN YOU GO SOUTH IF YOU MET UP WITH JACKIE AND VI, I'M SURE  THEY COULD HELP YOU  IN THAT DEPARTMENT.   I HOPE YOUSE HAVE A GOOD TIME ANYWAY.   IT'S GETTING AWFUL COLD  HERE.   I HOPE THE DAY GOES WELL FOR EVERYONE.  LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #22525 on: January 13, 2019, 03:57:01 PM »
GOOD MORNING ALL.

JEAN,  I'M GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE FEELING BETTER, THIS WEATHER IS ENOUGH TO DRIVE ANYBODY TO DRINK  :D

LIZ, IT'S VERY FRUSTRATING WHEN YOU LOOSE A POST, I HAVE DONE IT MYSELF AND IT'S ALWAYS A LONG ONE  ::)

JACKIE, I KNOW YOU'RE ALREADY ON THE ROAD BUT HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY, I HOPE THE WEATHER IS GOOD. SAY HI TO VI  :-*

I HAVE BEEN UP EARLY MAKING SODA BANNOCK. BOBBY PLAYS EUCHRE ONCE A MONTH AT THE RANGERS CLUB, I MADE THE MISTAKE OF SENDING SODA BANNOCK ONCE AND NOW THEY EXPECT IT. :D  I REALLY DON'T MIND, IT'S ONLY ONCE A MONTH AND THEY LIKE IT  :)

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22526 on: January 13, 2019, 05:47:07 PM »
GOOD MORNING ALL.

JEAN,  I'M GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE FEELING BETTER, THIS WEATHER IS ENOUGH TO DRIVE ANYBODY TO DRINK  :D

LIZ, IT'S VERY FRUSTRATING WHEN YOU LOOSE A POST, I HAVE DONE IT MYSELF AND IT'S ALWAYS A LONG ONE  ::)

JACKIE, I KNOW YOU'RE ALREADY ON THE ROAD BUT HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY, I HOPE THE WEATHER IS GOOD. SAY HI TO VI  :-*

I HAVE BEEN UP EARLY MAKING SODA BANNOCK. BOBBY PLAYS EUCHRE ONCE A MONTH AT THE RANGERS CLUB, I MADE THE MISTAKE OF SENDING SODA BANNOCK ONCE AND NOW THEY EXPECT IT. :D  I REALLY DON'T MIND, IT'S ONLY ONCE A MONTH AND THEY LIKE IT  :)

RUBY YOU'RE A SAINT HA.   DO YOU MAKE IT WITH RAISINS IN IT AND THEN TOAST IT WITH A WEE CUP OF TEA.    ISN'T IT STRANGE THAT IT'S ALWAYS THE LONG POSTS  THAT   DISAPEAR.  RIGHT NOW IT'S SNOWING AND HAS BEEN ALL MORNING BUT IT'S SEEMS PRETTY LIGHT.   MY BALCONY IS ALL SNOW  BUT IT'S NOT HIGH.  I HATE SNOW.  I GUESS I'M STARTING.  SORRY GUYS.   HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD DAY.   DRESS NICE AND WARM IF YOU'RE GOING OUT.  LIZ :-*
sixtyniner

jackiehillis

« Reply #22527 on: January 13, 2019, 11:43:34 PM »
HI JACKIE,  GLAD TO HEAR  YOU'RE ON YOUR WAY AND  THE STRANGE THING IS, I HAD ASKED ABOUT YOU AND VI IN IT.  I HOPE YOUSE HAVE A SAFE JOURNEY LOVE.   LIZ :-*
ARRIVED IN GROVE CITY OHIO 3:30PM. SUNDAY. GREAT DRIVE DOWN. DRY ROADS AND SUNNY ALL THE WAY.  *
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

urneygirl

« Reply #22528 on: January 14, 2019, 12:12:02 AM »
HI LIZ, YES I DO PUT RAISINS IN MY BANNOCK, I THINK IT GIVES THE BREAD MORE FLAVOUR, AND I DO TOAST IT SOMETIMES.  :)

WE DIDN'T GET ANY SNOW TODAY, I WALKED OVER TO THE STORES IN THE AFTERNOON, THE SUN WAS SHINNING AND IT LOOKED LOVELY UNTIL I TURNED A CORNER  :o I'M GLAD I WAS WEARING A COAT WITH A HOOD IT WAS BITTER COLD, I DIDN'T HAVE FAR TO WALK SO I WAS OK.
I'M GOING TO GET MYSELF SETTLED TO WATCH CORRIE, SO HAVE A GOOD NIGHT LOVE :-* :-*

JACKIE, I'M GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAD A GOOD DRIVE TODAY, HOPEFULLY THE WEATHER IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS WILL BE CLEAR. :-* :-*

jackiehillis

« Reply #22529 on: January 14, 2019, 12:20:18 AM »
HI LIZ, YES I DO PUT RAISINS IN MY BANNOCK, I THINK IT GIVES THE BREAD MORE FLAVOUR, AND I DO TOAST IT SOMETIMES.  :)

WE DIDN'T GET ANY SNOW TODAY, I WALKED OVER TO THE STORES IN THE AFTERNOON, THE SUN WAS SHINNING AND IT LOOKED LOVELY UNTIL I TURNED A CORNER  :o I'M GLAD I WAS WEARING A COAT WITH A HOOD IT WAS BITTER COLD, I DIDN'T HAVE FAR TO WALK SO I WAS OK.
I'M GOING TO GET MYSELF SETTLED TO WATCH CORRIE, SO HAVE A GOOD NIGHT LOVE :-* :-*

JACKIE, I'M GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAD A GOOD DRIVE TODAY, HOPEFULLY THE WEATHER IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS WILL BE CLEAR. :-* :-*
              HI RUBY. ITÈS SUPPOSED TO BE 20C AND SUNNY WHEN WE GET TO GULF SHORES ON TUESDAY. . HERE'S  HOPING.    *