Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1566184 times)

jackiehillis

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #22740 on: March 11, 2019, 01:53:52 PM »
Evening to all my chums. Well, our visitors have gone now to an even more far-flung place - New Zealand's South Island.  We had a really lovely time with them, but it was all too short.  Now we've got the "post-visitors blues".  You know what I mean.  After all the catching up, chit-chat, outings here and there, reminiscing about old times, and lots of laughter, suddenly the house is quiet and we don't know what to do with ourselves.  After a couple of days of  heat and bushfires cramping our style, we were able to do the things we'd planned and really enjoyed the company. 

LIZ, I HOPE YOU'RE FULLY RECOVERED FROM YOUR TUMMY UPSET.  HANG IN THERE GIRL, SPRING IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER.  :-*   

SCOTLAND, LOVELY TO HEAR FROM YOU.  HOPE YOU'RE WELL AND I SEE YOU'RE KEEPING BUSY AS USUAL.  "SIN MY SOUL" IS AN EXPRESSION I HAVEN'T HEARD IN MANY A LONG DAY. LOL.   :-*

MCD, YOUR SON'S VISIT TO SCOTLAND AND MEETING UP WITH TAYLOR'S ITALIAN HOSTS SOUNDS BRILLIANT.  HOPE YOU AND MOE ARE KEEPING WELL.  :-*

RUBY, HOPE YOU AND BOBBY ARE WELL.  SORRY TO HEAR YOU'VE LOST ANOTHER FRIEND OF THE BAND.   :-*

JACKIE, YOU'LL BE HOME BY NOW I THINK.  HOPE YOU AND I HAD A FANTASTIC TIME AND ARE KEEPING WELL.  :-*
              HI SARAH, GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU. THIS IS MONDAY MARCH 11TH. WE ARE STILL IN ALABAMA. WE LEAVE FOR NEWMARKET ON FRIDAY15TH. HOPE ALL IS WELL.    *
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

kraftcheese

« Reply #22741 on: March 11, 2019, 02:25:04 PM »
              HI SARAH, GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU. THIS IS MONDAY MARCH 11TH. WE ARE STILL IN ALABAMA. WE LEAVE FOR NEWMARKET ON FRIDAY15TH. HOPE ALL IS WELL.    *

JACKIE, I'VE JUST SEEN YOUR REPLY AND I JUST NOTICED THAT WHEN I WAS TYPING "VI" THE V DIDN'T PRINT AND IT CAME OUT AS "YOU AND I"  INSTEAD OF "YOU AND VI".  :D   THE KEYBOARD ON MY LAPTOP IS PRETTY WORN OUT AND OFTEN MISSES LETTERS.   :D
I HOPE YOU AND VI ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR TIME IN ALABAMA.  :-*
Omnia in finem bona sunt. Si non bona non finis est.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22742 on: March 11, 2019, 06:44:39 PM »
Evening to all my chums. Well, our visitors have gone now to an even more far-flung place - New Zealand's South Island.  We had a really lovely time with them, but it was all too short.  Now we've got the "post-visitors blues".  You know what I mean.  After all the catching up, chit-chat, outings here and there, reminiscing about old times, and lots of laughter, suddenly the house is quiet and we don't know what to do with ourselves.  After a couple of days of  heat and bushfires cramping our style, we were able to do the things we'd planned and really enjoyed the company. 

LIZ, I HOPE YOU'RE FULLY RECOVERED FROM YOUR TUMMY UPSET.  HANG IN THERE GIRL, SPRING IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER.  :-*   

SCOTLAND, LOVELY TO HEAR FROM YOU.  HOPE YOU'RE WELL AND I SEE YOU'RE KEEPING BUSY AS USUAL.  "SIN MY SOUL" IS AN EXPRESSION I HAVEN'T HEARD IN MANY A LONG DAY. LOL.   :-*

MCD, YOUR SON'S VISIT TO SCOTLAND AND MEETING UP WITH TAYLOR'S ITALIAN HOSTS SOUNDS BRILLIANT.  HOPE YOU AND MOE ARE KEEPING WELL.  :-*

RUBY, HOPE YOU AND BOBBY ARE WELL.  SORRY TO HEAR YOU'VE LOST ANOTHER FRIEND OF THE BAND.   :-*

JACKIE, YOU'LL BE HOME BY NOW I THINK.  HOPE YOU AND I HAD A FANTASTIC TIME AND ARE KEEPING WELL.  :-*
KC, WHEN DID YOU AND JACKIE HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME EH.   HA.   THANKS FOR ASKING LOVE MY TUMMY IS OK AGAIN FOR NOW.   IT MUST BE SUCH A FEELING OF LET DOWN WHEN ALL YOUR VISITORS GO HOME AND THE HOUSE IS QUIET.   ALL THE BUILD UP FOR THEM COMING AND THEN THEY ARE GONE.  HOPE IT DOES NOT LAST LONG.  LIZ  XX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22743 on: March 11, 2019, 06:50:41 PM »
GOOD MORNING ALL  *

LIZ, I REMEMBER BEING WARNED ABOUT TURNING YOUR EYES IN BECAUSE IF SOMEBODY HIT YOU YOUR EYES WOULD STAY LIKE THAT. :o  IT SOUNDS LIKE WE ALL HAD THE SAME WARNINGS  :D

IT'S NICE AND BRIGHT THIS MORNING SO LONG MAY IT LAST.  :) HAVE YOU ANY SHOPPING TRIPS PLANED ? :-*
HI RUBY,  NO TRIPS PLANNED AND I'M NOT  CARING FOR NOW.  I REALLY DON'T FEEL LIKE MAKING THE EFORT TO GO OUT, SORRY THAT SOUNDS SO WHINNEY, SPELT WRONG.  CAN'T WAIT TILL THE HEAT AND GOOD WEATHER COMES AND I CAN GO SIT OUTSIDE IN THE GARDEN.  LIZ  XX
sixtyniner

IRISHDIVA

« Reply #22744 on: March 12, 2019, 04:07:44 PM »
Hi, Was just catching up with all the goings on, Sorry I have not been on much as I am having a lot of wee jobs done on the house. So you know how that it always end up taking longer than you think. Just about to start painting the guest room as I am having visitors from home in the summer and want to freshen it up, But I woke up during the night with a sore throat and a but of a dry cough. So its soup for lunch and lots of home made lemon drink, and hope that it will pass. Take care all. 
You will never know where you are going.
If you do not remember where you come from.

urneygirl

« Reply #22745 on: March 13, 2019, 01:17:26 AM »
HI ALL, I'M A WEE BIT BEHIND ON MY POST'S, IT'S LOVELY TO SEE YOU ALL  :-**

LIZ, I'M GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE FEELING A BIT BETTER. O0

SARAH, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME WITH THE FAMILY, I'M SURE YOU LEFT THEM WITH GREAT MEMORIES, AND I'M SURE THEY LEFT YOU WITH SOME,  :)

SCOTLAND, YOU SOUND LIKE A BUSY BEE WORKING AFTER 1AM IN THE MORNING, I'M GLAD YOU ENJOYED THE BREAK  :-*

LILLIAN,  WE START OFF DOING ONE THING AND IT LEADS TO ANOTHER  AND ANOTHER  :D  I HOPE YOUR COLD CLEARS UP SOON, SAY HI TO MAVIS :-*

JACKIE ENJOY YOUR LAST FEW DAYS AND SAFE DRIVE HOME :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22746 on: March 13, 2019, 07:34:23 AM »
LIZ, I'M GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE FEELING A BIT BETTER.

AS IT'S AFTER 3am I'M NOT FEELING THE  BRIGHTEST HA SO I'LL JUST SAY, THANK YOU FOR  ASKING RUBY I'M FEELING FINE NOW.  TWO OF MY FRIENDS CAME OVER YESTERDAY, ONE TO BRING ME INFO ON A NEW BED AND THE OTHER DOING A FEW ERRANTS.  THEY DID NOT STAY LONG BUT  I WAS FINE WITH THAT.   TAKE CARE.   LIZ  XX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #22747 on: March 13, 2019, 03:43:56 PM »
HI LIZ,  WE NEED SOME SUN TO BRIGHTEN US UP, THIS WINTER HAS GONE ON TOO LONG. ::)

I GUESS YOU'RE CHECKING THE BEDS ON LINE, YOU WILL HAVE A LOT TO CHOOSE FROM. WE BOUGHT ONE JUST OVER A YEAR AGO FROM SLEEP COUNTRY, THEY WERE VERY GOOD, THEY DIDN'T CHARGE FOR DELIVERY AND THEY CARRIED THE BED UP STAIRES, TOOK AWAY THE OLD ONE AND THERE WAS NO EXTRA CHARGE.
 GOOD LUCK IN YOUR SEARCH :-* :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22748 on: March 13, 2019, 04:09:42 PM »
HI LIZ,  WE NEED SOME SUN TO BRIGHTEN US UP, THIS WINTER HAS GONE ON TOO LONG. ::)

I GUESS YOU'RE CHECKING THE BEDS ON LINE, YOU WILL HAVE A LOT TO CHOOSE FROM. WE BOUGHT ONE JUST OVER A YEAR AGO FROM SLEEP COUNTRY, THEY WERE VERY GOOD, THEY DIDN'T CHARGE FOR DELIVERY AND THEY CARRIED THE BED UP STAIRES, TOOK AWAY THE OLD ONE AND THERE WAS NO EXTRA CHARGE.
 GOOD LUCK IN YOUR SEARCH :-* :-*
RUBY,  THANKS FOR THAT INFO.  MY FRIEND AND HER HUSBAND, I DID NOT KNOW THEY WERE DOING THIS,  WENT OUT CHECKING ,  THEY EVEN WENT TO SLEEP COUNTRY, THE GUY KEPT TRYING TO SELL THEM A BED AND EVEN BROUGHT THE PRICE WAY DOWN HA,  BUT ALL THE INFO I HAVE IS FROM SHOPPER'S HEALTH STORE, THEY SELL ALL STUFF LIKE THIS, IN FACT THAT'S WHERE I GOT MY WALKER AND  MY SCOOTER,  I DID GO ON LINE AND SEARCHED  FOR HOSPITAL BEDS AND THERE WAS A LOT OF INFO THERE.   I HAVE A SIZE IN MIND AND WHAT I WANT SO IT JUST HAS TO BE PUT IN MOTION.  MY FRIEND SAID, SHE AND HER HUSBAND WOULD COME OVER , TAKE THE BED DOWN AND AWAY WHILE THE OTHER ONE WOULD BE DELIVERED AND SET UP.     YOUR INFO ON THEM TAKING THE BED AWAY GIVES ME AN IDEA, I CAN ASK THEM, IF THEY WILL TAKE MINE AWAY SO MY FRIENDS DON'T HAVE TO.    NEED TO MOVE NOW, BUM IS GETTING SORE HA.  LIZ  XX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #22749 on: March 13, 2019, 09:31:44 PM »
HI LIZ, I DIDN'T THINK ABOUT YOU NEEDING A SPECIAL BED, I WAS THINKING IT WAS A NEW  MATTRESS YOU NEEDED. YOU'RE LUCKY YOU HAVE SUCH GOOD FRIENDS TO HELP YOU.  I HOPE YOU FIND WHAT YOU NEED. :) THIS HAS BEEN A VERY LAZY DAY FOR ME, I DID LAUNDRY YESTERDAY AND DID THE IRONING TODAY AND THAT'S ME FINISHED,  FOR A FEW DAYS ANYWAY  :D.

IT LOOKS LIKE WE'RE GOING TO GET RAIN BUT IT'S BETTER THAN THE WHITE STUFF ;)  SEE YOU LATER LOVE  :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22750 on: March 14, 2019, 03:11:38 AM »
HI LIZ, I DIDN'T THINK ABOUT YOU NEEDING A SPECIAL BED, I WAS THINKING IT WAS A NEW  MATTRESS YOU NEEDED. YOU'RE LUCKY YOU HAVE SUCH GOOD FRIENDS TO HELP YOU.  I HOPE YOU FIND WHAT YOU NEED. :) THIS HAS BEEN A VERY LAZY DAY FOR ME, I DID LAUNDRY YESTERDAY AND DID THE IRONING TODAY AND THAT'S ME FINISHED,  FOR A FEW DAYS ANYWAY  :D.

IT LOOKS LIKE WE'RE GOING TO GET RAIN BUT IT'S BETTER THAN THE WHITE STUFF ;)  SEE YOU LATER LOVE  :-*
RUBY  I LIKE TO HEAR MY FRINDS  SAYING THEY ARE TAKING IT EASY AND PUTTING THEIR FEET UP.   HA.  MAKES ME FEEL BETTER ABOUT ME DOING IT HA.  HOW DO YOU DO YOUR IRONING, MY FRIEND DOES HER'S  WHILE SITTING AND WATCHING TV.  MY NIECE USE TO TELL ME THAT'S HOW SHE DID HER'S  BECAUSE OF HER BACK.  GOOD IDEA.  I WILL HAVE TO BUY A NEW MATTRESS AS WELL AND I WAS SHOCKED AT THE COST OF THEM FOR THESE BEDS, ADD ANOTHER $1OOO, BUT  IT WILL PROBABLY BE MY LAST ONE AND I NEED  A COMFORTABLE BED AS I SPEND A LOT OF TIME IN IT.  YAWN.  HA.  IT SAID WE WOULD  HAVE SNOW BUT THE TEMP IS SUPPOSED TO GO HIGH TOMORROW.  NOT LONG NOW TILL SPRING.  I FOUND OUT TODAY THEY ARE HAVING A CELEBRATION ON SATURDAY FOR ST. PATRICK'S DAY.  BYOB.  .  LIZ  XX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #22751 on: March 15, 2019, 03:14:10 PM »
HI ALL, I HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL  *

LIZ, IT'S NOT EASY PICKING A MATTRESS, THERE ARE TOO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM AND THEY'RE MUCH HIGHER THAN THE OLD ONES, IT TOOK ME AWHILE TO GET USED TO OURS, MY FEET BARELY TOUCH THE FLOOR. :D  BUT I'M SURE YOUR'S WILL BE  A SPECIAL ONE TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS.  :-*

THAT WAS SOME RAIN LAST NIGHT, IT WASHED AWAY SOME SNOW BUT NOT ENOUGH, OUR STREET STILL HAS PILES. IT'S NICE AND MILD THIS MORNING  SO MAYBE IT WILL MELT SOME MORE  :) SEE YOU LATER  :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22752 on: March 15, 2019, 10:40:39 PM »
HI ALL, I HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL  *

LIZ, IT'S NOT EASY PICKING A MATTRESS, THERE ARE TOO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM AND THEY'RE MUCH HIGHER THAN THE OLD ONES, IT TOOK ME AWHILE TO GET USED TO OURS, MY FEET BARELY TOUCH THE FLOOR. :D  BUT I'M SURE YOUR'S WILL BE  A SPECIAL ONE TO SUIT YOUR NEEDS.  :-*

THAT WAS SOME RAIN LAST NIGHT, IT WASHED AWAY SOME SNOW BUT NOT ENOUGH, OUR STREET STILL HAS PILES. IT'S NICE AND MILD THIS MORNING  SO MAYBE IT WILL MELT SOME MORE  :) SEE YOU LATER  :-*
RUBY,  IT'S NOT EASY BEING SMALL, THAT SHOULD HAVE GONE GREEN. ( YOU KNOW FROM SESAME ST.) I DON'T THINK IT'S SPELT RIGHT.   HA.  WHEN ROISIN GOT HER NEW BED WITH THE HIGH MATTRESS I COULD HARDLY GET ON IT AND THAT'S WHEN I COULD HA.  THE MATTRESS HAS TO  FIT THOSE BEDS SO I SUPPOSE THAT'S WHY THEY ARE EXPENSIVE. OH WELL   I NEED IT  SO THERE'S NO USE IN  COMPLAINING.  ANYWAY THEY ARE HAVING A  "THING" DOWNSTAIRS  TOMORROW NIGHT FOR ST. PATRICK'S DAY,  I'M SURPRISED HOW LATE IT IS AND MOST OF THE  TIME THEY HAVE THESE THINGS  IN THE AFTERNOON.    IT'S FROM 7pm TO 10:30pm RATHER LATE.  HAS ANYONE BEEN WATCHING THE TENNIS.  WITH MY NEW TV I CAN SEE EVERYTHING NOW.  MY GUY, ROGER F. , IS IN THE SEMI'S THAT'S TICKLED ME.  ANYWAY TIME FOR SUPPER.  HAVE A GOOD EVENING RUBY AND ANYONE ELSE LISTENING IN HA.  LIZ   XX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #22753 on: March 16, 2019, 03:00:38 PM »
GOOD MORNING TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR, I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND  &  A HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY. :drinks:

I HOPE YOU GET TO GO TO THE PARTY TOMORROW NIGHT, IT IS A BIT LATE BUT MAYBE THEY DON'T WANT IT RUNNING TOO LONG.  :-*

THE BAND ARE NOT HAVING A ST PATRICKS DANCE TOMORROW, BUT WE ARE GOING TO SUPPORT THE LEGIONS DANCE. OUR MEMBERS ARE GETTING OLDER AND THERE IS A LOT OF WORK THAT GOES INTO THE DANCES,  SOME ARE DOING DOUBLE DUTY AND IT'S GETTING TOO MUCH. THEY WILL CONTINUE WITH THE CONCERTS  :)   SO TOMORROW WE CAN SIT BACK AND ENJOY THE ENTERTAINMENT. :)

WE HAD SNOW EARLIER THIS MORNING AND NOW THE SUN IS TRYING TO GET THROUGH THE DARK CLOUDS, SO THAT'S YOUR FORECAST FOR THE DAY  :D

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #22754 on: March 17, 2019, 01:29:12 AM »
GOOD MORNING TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR, I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND  &  A HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY. :drinks:

I HOPE YOU GET TO GO TO THE PARTY TOMORROW NIGHT, IT IS A BIT LATE BUT MAYBE THEY DON'T WANT IT RUNNING TOO LONG.  :-*

THE BAND ARE NOT HAVING A ST PATRICKS DANCE TOMORROW, BUT WE ARE GOING TO SUPPORT THE LEGIONS DANCE. OUR MEMBERS ARE GETTING OLDER AND THERE IS A LOT OF WORK THAT GOES INTO THE DANCES,  SOME ARE DOING DOUBLE DUTY AND IT'S GETTING TOO MUCH. THEY WILL CONTINUE WITH THE CONCERTS  :)   SO TOMORROW WE CAN SIT BACK AND ENJOY THE ENTERTAINMENT. :)

WE HAD SNOW EARLIER THIS MORNING AND NOW THE SUN IS TRYING TO GET THROUGH THE DARK CLOUDS, SO THAT'S YOUR FORECAST FOR THE DAY  :D
RUBY IT MUST BE VERY TIRING FOR YOUSE SO I DON'T BLAME YOU FOR WANTING TO SIT OUT .   THEY ARE  HAVING A  "THING" DOWNSTAIRS TONIGHT AND I WAS GOING , MY FRIEND CAME OVER TODAY WITH  A FEW THINGS SHE PICKED UP FROM THE $ STORE, SCARF, FLASHING LIGHTS, ANYWAY MY STOMACH WAS NOT GOOD BUT AS IT WAS STARTING LATE I THOUGHT I WOULD BE OK BUT IT NEVER HAPPENED   BUT I'M NOT FEELING BAD SO THAT'S OK.  WE HAD SOME SNOW TODAY AND AT ONE POINT IT LOOKED LIKE A BLIZARD , I KNOW,  IT'S CANADA GIRLS AND STILL WINTER SO YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN HA.   LIZ  XXX
sixtyniner