Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1546029 times)

SIXTYNINER

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #23025 on: June 11, 2019, 08:43:27 PM »
  HI LIZ  I ENJOY WORKING IN THE GARDEN  BUT THE HIP STARTS TO HURT AFTER A WEE WHILE SO MICHELLE DOES A GOOD GARDEN CLEAN UP  AND I TRY TO WHAT I CAN  EVER SINCE I HAD THE SCIATICA IT KEEPS ME FROM DOING AS MUCH AS I WOULD LIKE , I HATE GIVING IN  ITS NOT WORTH THE AGONY   

HAVE YOU ANY PLANS TO MEET UP WITH YOUR GIRL FRIENDS ?    I AM NOT SURE HOW THE WEATHER WILL BE   HAVE A GOOD NIGHT  HUGS
JEAN I WAS JUST READING YOUR EMAIL ABOUT THAT BUDDHIST GARDEN,  IT SOUNDS AMAZING AND THE COST , WOH.  ANYWAY  IT'S NOT WORTH HURTING  JUST TO KNOW YOU CAN DO IT SO LIKE YOU SAID, DO WHAT YOU CAN AND LET MICHELLE DO THE REST AND YOU SIT BACK AND WATCH HER HA.   WE HAVE NOT MADE ANY PLANS YET,   I HATE TO SAY THIS BUT I'M GLAD, I'M NOT IN THE MOOD  TO GET DRESSED UP OR EVEN DRESSED HA.  BUT WE WILL.  THEY ALL SEEM TO HAVE OTHER STUFF TO DO AND THAT SUITS ME FOR NOW.   IT MIGHT SAY THE TEMP IS HIGH BUT I CAN FEEL THE COOLNESS SITTING HERE AND LAST TIME OUT HERE I HAD MY FURRY COVER ROUND ME .  HAD A BIT OF TUMMY BOTHER SINCE LAST NIGHT SO I ALWAYS FEEL COLD  WHEN NOT FEELING TO GOOD.  I'M ON THE RD BACK AGAIN HA.  SYLVIA CALLED IN LAST NIGHT SO I SHARED SOME COOKIES WITH HER, MAPLE CREAMS, I LOVE THEM BUT DON'T EAT TOO  MANY OF THEM, AFTER SHE LEFT I HAD A COUPLE AND THAT WAS WHEN MY TUMMY STARTED.  THEY MIGHT BE TOO RICH.  ENOUGH OF ME.  I HOPE YOU AND MO ARE DOING OK.   ANY PLANS COMING UP.   LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

scotland

« Reply #23026 on: June 13, 2019, 12:47:15 AM »
Hi all just dropped in to send you good wishes and kind thoughts ,hope you are all keeping well and feeling happy got a few days off so catching up with family and friends  .
Liz dear friend got your pm will catch up with you in a few days Best Wishes to you all Cheers M☺☺

mcd

« Reply #23027 on: June 13, 2019, 02:39:36 AM »
    EVENING ALL . 

SCOTLAND ENJOY YOUR FEW DAYS REST , I AM SURE THEY WERE WELL EARNED . 

LIZ   THE BUDDHIST COLONY WILL BE THE LARGEST IN THE WORLD OUTSIDE OF CHINA   IT'S ONLY ABOUT 30 MINS FROM US .             

THE  TEMPLE ( NOT COMPLETED )  AND STATUES ARE HUGE AND THE DETAILS AMAZING 

ANOTHER  LOVELY DAY  , WE HAD A MEETING IN THE SENIORS HALL WHICH IS RIGHT AT THE LAKE AND IT WAS LOVELY . 

SATURDAY IS THE   DRAGON BOAT RACES WHICH BEGIN EARLY SATURDAY MORNING  IT STARTS WITH THE SUNRISE CEREMONY   

RUBY ,ARE YOU ENJOYING  A BREAK  IN YOUR GARDEN  WITH  YOUR FEET UP AND A GLASS OF WINE , LOVELY DAY FOR IT

HOPE ALL OUR CHUMS ACROSS THE WATER'S ARE HEALTHY  AND HAPPY       

SENDING HUGS TO YOU ALL

Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23028 on: June 13, 2019, 10:33:01 AM »
Hi all just dropped in to send you good wishes and kind thoughts ,hope you are all keeping well and feeling happy got a few days off so catching up with family and friends  .
Liz dear friend got your pm will catch up with you in a few days Best Wishes to you all Cheers M☺☺
IT'S NICE TO HEAR  YOU'RE CATCHING UP WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY.   TAKE IT EASY  AND  WISHING YOU GOOD WEATHER HA.  LIZ XX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23029 on: June 13, 2019, 10:37:33 AM »
    EVENING ALL . 

SCOTLAND ENJOY YOUR FEW DAYS REST , I AM SURE THEY WERE WELL EARNED . 

LIZ   THE BUDDHIST COLONY WILL BE THE LARGEST IN THE WORLD OUTSIDE OF CHINA   IT'S ONLY ABOUT 30 MINS FROM US .             

THE  TEMPLE ( NOT COMPLETED )  AND STATUES ARE HUGE AND THE DETAILS AMAZING 

ANOTHER  LOVELY DAY  , WE HAD A MEETING IN THE SENIORS HALL WHICH IS RIGHT AT THE LAKE AND IT WAS LOVELY . 

SATURDAY IS THE   DRAGON BOAT RACES WHICH BEGIN EARLY SATURDAY MORNING  IT STARTS WITH THE SUNRISE CEREMONY   

RUBY ,ARE YOU ENJOYING  A BREAK  IN YOUR GARDEN  WITH  YOUR FEET UP AND A GLASS OF WINE , LOVELY DAY FOR IT

HOPE ALL OUR CHUMS ACROSS THE WATER'S ARE HEALTHY  AND HAPPY       

SENDING HUGS TO YOU ALL

JEAN THAT GARDEN SOUNDS LOVELY  BUT WITH THAT MANY VISITORS  IT DOES NOT SOUND LIKE YOU COULD MEDITATE?  I GUESS THERE WOULD BE NO TIME FOR THAT, AND THAT IT'S ON A SHORT DRIVE FROM YOU IS EVEN BETTER.  ARE YOU GOING TO WATCH THE BOAT RACES.  I HOPE THE WEATHER STAYS NICE FOR IT.  WELL I'M OF BACK TO BED.  SEE  YE LATER HA.  LIZ  XXX
sixtyniner

jackiehillis

« Reply #23030 on: June 14, 2019, 03:35:04 PM »
   HI EVERYONE. HAD A GREAT 3 DAYS DOWN IN THE SOUTH. STAYED 2 NIGHTS IN CORK. THEN WENT TO BLARNEY, TIPPERARY, WATERFORD AND KILKENNY. WEATHER HAS BEEN UP AND DOWN, BUT NO COMPLAINTS.  HOPE YOU ARE ALL KEEPING WELL.

"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

jillyfred

« Reply #23031 on: June 14, 2019, 04:39:46 PM »

Great photographs Jackie-many thanks for posting.

Sadly we are having our wettest June for many,many years-unbelievable-last year we were sweltering.
Apparently we are in for a month of it-so sorry for you both-although no doubt you will have plenty of social events to compensate with friends.

We have the International Ladies Golf Tournament here in Newcastle this week-so sad they have not seen our town and our Mountains of Mourne and sea in its glory.
However,my sister-in-law tells me the Ladies are very impressed with their accommodations and also the way they have been received by the townsfolk and all others they have met this week.
I saw by your photos it was not too good a day when you and Vi came this direction-I was sorry I was not up the street when you were-could have had a bit of a chat!

No doubt the Saturday night East Belfast `do` went off well-any photos?
Lord its pouring here again-the poor golfers-including my sister-in-law who is doing the scoreboard for them!!
Take great care of yourselves and so sorry about the weather-its a real shock to us believe me-so cold and miserable.

jilly

urneygirl

« Reply #23032 on: June 14, 2019, 05:23:04 PM »
HI ALL, TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU'RE ALL ENJOYING YOUR WEEKEND.  :-**

WE WENT TO NIAGARA FALLS ON WEDNESDAY FOR A ONE NIGHT STAYOVER AND IT WAS LOVELY, THE WEATHER ON WEDNESDAY WAS BEAUTIFUL AND IT WAS PACKED WITH TOURISTS. I NEVER GET TIRED LOOKING AT THE FALLS, THE HOTEL WE USUALLY STAY IN IS ACROSS FROM THE FALLS.

THE RAIN DRIVING HOME YESTERDAY WAS HEAVY BUT IT CLEARED UP LONG ENOUGH TO LET US GET INTO A TIMMIES :D

JACKIE, WE WENT INTO ONE OF THE PUBS IN THE UMBRELLA LANE, AND THE MUSIC WAS GREAT. PHOTOS ARE LOVELY.

JEAN, I HOPE THE BUDDHIST COLONY DOSEN'T TAKE TOO LONG TO COMPLETE, I'M SURE IT WILL BE BEAUTIFUL, SINCE YOU LIVE CLOSE TO IT MAYBE YOU COULD ASK THE BIG BOSS TO SPEED THINGS UP A BIT. :D

SCOTLAND, ENJOY YOUR FEW DAYS OFF WITH THE FAMILY & FRIENDS.

LIZ, I HOPE YOUR FEELING BETTER, I DON'T THINK THERE WILL BE ANY GARDENING THIS WEEKEND AFTER ALL THE RAIN YESTERDAY, THE MOSQUITO'S  WOULD EAT ME ALIVE  >:(

DID ANYONE WATCH THE RAPTORS  BASKET BALL GAME LAST NIGHT  ? I CAN'T BELIEVE I WATCHED THE WHOLE GAME AND REALLY ENJOYED IT. THEN WE WATCHED ALL THE FANS IN TORONTO, I'M SURE A LOT OF THEM WERE ONLY GETTING HOME THIS MORNING. IT WAS VERY EXCITING  O0 O0 

jackiehillis

« Reply #23033 on: June 14, 2019, 05:35:53 PM »
Great photographs Jackie-many thanks for posting.

Sadly we are having our wettest June for many,many years-unbelievable-last year we were sweltering.
Apparently we are in for a month of it-so sorry for you both-although no doubt you will have plenty of social events to compensate with friends.

We have the International Ladies Golf Tournament here in Newcastle this week-so sad they have not seen our town and our Mountains of Mourne and sea in its glory.
However,my sister-in-law tells me the Ladies are very impressed with their accommodations and also the way they have been received by the townsfolk and all others they have met this week.
I saw by your photos it was not too good a day when you and Vi came this direction-I was sorry I was not up the street when you were-could have had a bit of a chat!

No doubt the Saturday night East Belfast `do` went off well-any photos?
Lord its pouring here again-the poor golfers-including my sister-in-law who is doing the scoreboard for them!!
Take great care of yourselves and so sorry about the weather-its a real shock to us believe me-so cold and miserable.

jilly
HI JILLY. WE HAD A GREAT TIME IN NEWCASTLE. THE WEATHER WAS FINE. WARM AT TIMES. I HAVE INCLUDED A FEW PHOTOS OF THE MEET.

"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23034 on: June 14, 2019, 06:16:50 PM »
JACKIE THOSE PHOTOS ARE GREAT. EVERYONE LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE HAVING A GREAT TIME EATING AND DRINKING  HA.   NO WONDER YOUSE LOOK FORWARD TO GOING HOME NOW.    HOW HAS VI BEEN WITH SHOPPING HA.  DID YOU HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER CASE TO BRING THINGS HOME.   YOU KNOW I'M JOKING.  I'M GLAD YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD TIME.  ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR STAY AND SAFE JOURNEY HOME .  LIZ  XXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23035 on: June 14, 2019, 06:21:48 PM »

JACKIE, WE WENT INTO ONE OF THE PUBS IN THE UMBRELLA LANE, AND THE MUSIC WAS GREAT. PHOTOS ARE LOVELY.

JEAN, I HOPE THE BUDDHIST COLONY DOSEN'T TAKE TOO LONG TO COMPLETE, I'M SURE IT WILL BE BEAUTIFUL, SINCE YOU LIVE CLOSE TO IT MAYBE YOU COULD ASK THE BIG BOSS TO SPEED THINGS UP A BIT.

SCOTLAND, ENJOY YOUR FEW DAYS OFF WITH THE FAMILY & FRIENDS.

LIZ, I HOPE YOUR FEELING BETTER, I DON'T THINK THERE WILL BE ANY GARDENING THIS WEEKEND AFTER ALL THE RAIN YESTERDAY, THE MOSQUITO'S  WOULD EAT ME ALIVE 
RUBY, I'M FINE NOW THANKS.  FOR THE COST AND THE TIME BUILDING IT THAT GARDEN WILL BE SOMETHING ELSE AND LIVING SO CLOSE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO VISIT  IT WITHOUT A LOT OF TRAVELING.   IT MUST HAVE BROUGHT BACK MEMORIES  LISTENING TO JACKIE AND SEEING THOSE PHOTOS.  MAYBE ANOTHER TRIP.? HA.   ONE DAY IT'S RAINING AND NEXT DAY THE SUN IS OUT.  THE WIND IS COOL BUT NOTHING WE CAN DO ABOUT IT BUT COMPLAIN AND WE ARE GOOD AT THAT HA.   LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23036 on: June 15, 2019, 04:01:28 PM »
HI LIZ, IT'S JEAN WHO LIVES NEAR THE BUDDHIST COLONEY, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT WHEN IT'S FINISHED :)

IT'S A BIT OVERCAST THIS MORNING AND I HOPE IT CLEARS UP,  THIS IS NOT A GOOD START TO THE SUMMER   :-\ I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU  :-* :-*

JACKIE, YOU ARE REALLY GETTING AROUND AND THE PHOTOS ARE GREAT. WHEN I SAW THE UMBRELLA LANE I THOUGHT IT WAS THE ONE IN BELFAST  ::) :-*

JEAN, ENJOY THE BOAT RACES :-*

JILLY, I JUST MISSED YOUR POST WHEN I SIGNED OUT. SORRY THE WEATHER ISN'T VERY GOOD, MY BROTHER WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT ALL THE RAIN, HE ENJOYS GETTING INTO THE GARDEN. WE HAD A COUPLE OF REALLY HOT DAYS AND IT SPOILED US.  I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU  :-*   

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23037 on: June 15, 2019, 04:33:11 PM »
HI LIZ, IT'S JEAN WHO LIVES NEAR THE BUDDHIST COLONEY, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT WHEN IT'S FINISHED :)

IT'S A BIT OVERCAST THIS MORNING AND I HOPE IT CLEARS UP,  THIS IS NOT A GOOD START TO THE SUMMER   :-\ I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU  :-* :-*

JACKIE, YOU ARE REALLY GETTING AROUND AND THE PHOTOS ARE GREAT. WHEN I SAW THE UMBRELLA LANE I THOUGHT IT WAS THE ONE IN BELFAST  ::) :-*

JEAN, ENJOY THE BOAT RACES :-*

JILLY, I JUST MISSED YOUR POST WHEN I SIGNED OUT. SORRY THE WEATHER ISN'T VERY GOOD, MY BROTHER WAS COMPLAINING ABOUT ALL THE RAIN, HE ENJOYS GETTING INTO THE GARDEN. WE HAD A COUPLE OF REALLY HOT DAYS AND IT SPOILED US.  I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU  :-*
SORRY RUBY,   JUST GOT MIXED UP.   I DON'T THINK I'VE SEEN THE SUN THIS MORNING AND SITTING HERE IT FEELS DAMP.  I THINK SO LONG AS IT DOES NOT RAIN YOU COULD WORK IN THE GARDEN, THIS IS ME SAYING THIS WHO DOES NOT HAVE ONE HA.   HOPE THE REST OF YOUR DAY GOES WELL.   LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

jillyfred

« Reply #23038 on: June 16, 2019, 02:13:38 PM »

Jackie thank you so much for sending the photographs of the `Meet`in East Belfast.
The place looks a lovely venue and everyone happy and enjoying a great time.

You look really well-and tell Vi I just love her hat!

The weather today -has brightened up-blue sky and sun-its cool still-but that`s not a problem!
I wish you both a lovely time for the rest of your time home.
God Bless.

jilly

jillyfred

« Reply #23039 on: June 16, 2019, 02:34:40 PM »

I don`t know if you folk heard about the helicopter which crashed on the roof of a building in Manhattan.
I saw it on the Internet news when I was on line and it had just happened.
It was the building my nephew Ben works in as I recognised the address.
I of course tried to phone him but no success -his parents I knew would not have seen it and anyway I was so frozen I could not think.
Then I got an email which simply said -`I am okay in New York`.
Yesterday he emailed me with a lot of information about it -I won`t go into details,other than no helicopters or planes are permitted in that area other than Police or Armed Services so they all immediately thought 9/11.
The Emergency Services were there in 4 minutes -the building was evacuated and also were the adjacent Blocks.
Debris fell and it had damaged the water system so the last 15 floors were flooded -fire from the fuel was the main concern.
I hope never again to live through the few hours until I got that email.

jilly