Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1572041 times)

SIXTYNINER

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #23295 on: September 20, 2019, 08:04:57 PM »
HI LIZ, YOU'RE NOT NEEDY :-*

THE MICROWAVE IS ABOVE THE OVEN, THANKFULLY IT FIT IN WHERE THE OLD ONE WAS, THE FRIDGE WAS THE ONLY PROBLEM :)

HOW HAVE THINGS BEEN WITH YOU ?  I LOVED " EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND" THERE WERE SO MANY GOOD COMEDY SHOWS AT THE SAME TIME.

WE HAVE BEEN BINGE WATCHING A SHOW CALLED  "MURDER IN PARADISE " THE DETECTIVE INSPECTOR PLAYED THE YOUNG PRIEST IN 'FATHER TED'  HE LOOKS AND SOUNDS THE SAME  :D

THE CONCERT WAS IN A RETIREMENT HOME AND THIS WAS THE LAST TIME THEY WOULD PLAY THERE, IT'S IN TORONTO AND CALLED " DAVENHILL"  IT HAS BEEN ON THE NEWS ABOUT IT BEING CLOSED DOWN BUT NO ONE KNOWS WHY.  SOMEBODY MUST KNOW  ::)

I'LL CHECK BACK LATER   *
RUBY I REMEMBER  BUYING ROISIN AND STEVE A MICRO FOR MOVING INTO THEIR HOUSE  BUT  STEVE HAD BOUGHT ONE FOR OVER THE STOVE SO SHE TOOK IT BACK AND BOUGHT HERSELF  AN OUTFIT  WITH THE MONEY.  I WAS A BIT UPSET AS SHE SHOULD  HAVE GIVEN ME BACK THE MONEY AND I COULD HAVE GOT THEM SOMETHING ESLE.  IT WAS  NOT JUST FOR HER. HA.  OH WELL.  DID YOU EVER WATCH THE SHOWS  "THE CLOSER" AND "BONES"   RIGHT NOW I'VE BEEN TAPING THEM BOTH IN ORDER FROM THE BEGINNING AND BINGE WATCHING THEM.   I USE TO LOVE WATCHING "FATHER TED" AND THOUGHT IT WAS SO FUNNY BUT NOW I CAN'T WATCH IT, I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAS CHANGED.  BUT I LOVE "FATHER BROWN".   I'M SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE  HOME CLOSING DOWN,  WONDER WHERE ALL THOSE POOR PEOPLE WILL GO.  IT'S UPSETTING ENOUGH GOING INTO ONE  BUT HAVING TO LEAVE TO GO INTO SOMEWHERE ELSE.  POOR THINGS.  GLAD YOU'RE  FEELING  OK STILL.  AND I BET YOU WILL  LOVE USING YOUR  NEW APPLIANCES.  HA.  LIZ  XXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23296 on: September 20, 2019, 10:44:53 PM »
LIZ, I GUESS YOU CAN STILL GET "FATHER TED " ON TV :o I KNOW IT USED TO BE CORNY. :D

NOBODY SEEMS TO KNOW THE REASON FOR THE  RETIREMENT HOME CLOSING DOWN BUT I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF CONDO'S' ARE BUILD ON THE SITE.

WEATHER  WAS NICE TO DAY BUT IT'S STILL ON THE DULL SIDE, I KEEP EXPECTING RAIN BUT ACCORDING TO THE FORCAST WE WON'T GET RAIN UNTIL SUNDAY  :)

I HOPE YOU HAVE PLEASANT WEEKEND  *

TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND  :-**

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23297 on: September 21, 2019, 05:05:20 AM »
LIZ, I GUESS YOU CAN STILL GET "FATHER TED " ON TV :o I KNOW IT USED TO BE CORNY. :D

NOBODY SEEMS TO KNOW THE REASON FOR THE  RETIREMENT HOME CLOSING DOWN BUT I WOULDN'T BE SURPRISED IF CONDO'S' ARE BUILD ON THE SITE.

WEATHER  WAS NICE TO DAY BUT IT'S STILL ON THE DULL SIDE, I KEEP EXPECTING RAIN BUT ACCORDING TO THE FORCAST WE WON'T GET RAIN UNTIL SUNDAY  :)

I HOPE YOU HAVE PLEASANT WEEKEND  *

TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND  :-**
RUBY IT WILL BE A GREAT SHAME IF THEY  BUILD  CONDOS ON THAT SITE.  AS IF THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH OF THEM.    YOU USE TO BE ABLE TO DRIVE THROUGH BURLINGTON AND SEE GREEN FIELDS BUT NOW IT'S ALL HOUSES ETC.  IT'S BAD.  MY FRIEND WAS TELLING ME TIME AGO, THE ONE HER HUSBAND, RIP,  WAS IN  IS BEING  CLOSED  DOWN THE RD. BUT THEY ARE BUILDING A NEW ONE  FURTHER OUT AND THEY ALL WILL GO INTO THAT.     OUR WEATHER IS NICE SO FAR AND LET'S HOPE IT STAYS LIKE THAT.   HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD WKEND WITH MAYBE A WEE RUN INTO THE COUNTRY. HA.  LIZ  XXX
sixtyniner

mcd

« Reply #23298 on: September 22, 2019, 02:52:06 AM »
HELLO EVERYONE , WHAT A LOVELY DAY  WE TOOK A DRIVE TO BUCKHORN AND  HAD A NICE LUNCH BY THE LAKE THERE WAS A LOT OF YACHTS SOME DOCKED BY THE RESTAURANT FOR LUNCH   ON OUR DRIVE WE FOUND GLACIAL ROCKS FROM THE ICE AGE  AND THEY WERE HUMONGOUS THE PLAQUE SAID THE EARLY SETTLERS NAMED THEM ADAM AND EVE  I DID TAKE A PHOTO BUT AS YOU KNOW THERE IS NO MORE PHOTOBUCKET  AND I  DON'T WANT TO  OPEN ANOTHER PHOTO LINK  THERE IS ALSO A NATIVE PEOPLES STORE I WANTED TO GO TO BUT WE COULDN'T FIND IT BUT  THERE IS ALWAYS ANOTHER  DAY

WENT TO A FARM SHOP AND PICKED UP SOME LEEKS AND COOKING APPLES   LEEKS WASHED AND CHOPPED AND FROZEN IN ZIPLOC BAGS APPLES I WILL TACKLE TOMORROW . 

THAT WAS MY EXCITING DAY    ;)  HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GOOD ONE ALSO    TAKE CARE  AND MIND HOW YOU GO  :-* 
HELLO TO THOSE ACROSS THE WATER  HOPE YOU ARE ALL KEEPING WELL  :-* CHEERIO FOR NOW
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

urneygirl

« Reply #23299 on: September 22, 2019, 03:55:46 PM »
GOOD MORMING ALL, I HOPE YOU'RE ALL ENJOYING YOUR WEEKEND  :-**

JEAN,  YOUR DAY OUT SOUNDS LOVELY, ARE THESE PLACES BEYOND PORT PERRY?  :-* :-*

LIZ, THERE IS AN OLD NURSING HOME IN AJAX AND MOST OF THE RESIDENTS HAVE BEEN MOVED INTO A NEW ONE,  SOME REFUSED TO MOVE AND THEIR FAMILIES HAVE SAID IT WOULD BE VERY UPSETTING FOR THEM. EVERYTIME I PASS IT I WONDER HOW ANYONE COULD STILL BE LIVING IN IT AND I WONDER WHY CHARTWELL HAVEN'T CLOSED IT DOWN.      I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU  :-* :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23300 on: September 22, 2019, 08:11:43 PM »
HELLO EVERYONE , WHAT A LOVELY DAY  WE TOOK A DRIVE TO BUCKHORN AND  HAD A NICE LUNCH BY THE LAKE THERE WAS A LOT OF YACHTS SOME DOCKED BY THE RESTAURANT FOR LUNCH   ON OUR DRIVE WE FOUND GLACIAL ROCKS FROM THE ICE AGE  AND THEY WERE HUMONGOUS THE PLAQUE SAID THE EARLY SETTLERS NAMED THEM ADAM AND EVE  I DID TAKE A PHOTO BUT AS YOU KNOW THERE IS NO MORE PHOTOBUCKET  AND I  DON'T WANT TO  OPEN ANOTHER PHOTO LINK  THERE IS ALSO A NATIVE PEOPLES STORE I WANTED TO GO TO BUT WE COULDN'T FIND IT BUT  THERE IS ALWAYS ANOTHER  DAY

WENT TO A FARM SHOP AND PICKED UP SOME LEEKS AND COOKING APPLES   LEEKS WASHED AND CHOPPED AND FROZEN IN ZIPLOC BAGS APPLES I WILL TACKLE TOMORROW . 

THAT WAS MY EXCITING DAY    ;)  HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GOOD ONE ALSO    TAKE CARE  AND MIND HOW YOU GO  :-* 
HELLO TO THOSE ACROSS THE WATER  HOPE YOU ARE ALL KEEPING WELL  :-* CHEERIO FOR NOW
HI JEAN,  THAT ALL SOUNDS LOVELY, I GUESS THE ROCKS WERE SOMETHING YOU COULD NOT BRING HOME, LIKE FINDING THEM ON THE BEACH.    YOU SOUND LIKE YOU WERE BUSY , WILL YOU DO THE SAME WITH THE APPLES?.   WELL TODAY IS VERY  BLOWY BUT THE TEMPS ARE  HIGH.  MY FRIEND IS OF TO A MIXED BABY SHOWER, IT'S BEING CATERED, SHE FORGOT SHE WAS GOING TO A BBQ SAME DAY SO THEY WILL STAY A WHILE AT THE BS AND THEN OF TO THE BBQ.  AT LEAST IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY FOR BOTH AND ANYONE GOING FOR A DRIVE IN THE COUNTRY SIDE.   LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23301 on: September 22, 2019, 08:23:33 PM »
GOOD MORMING ALL, I HOPE YOU'RE ALL ENJOYING YOUR WEEKEND  :-**

JEAN,  YOUR DAY OUT SOUNDS LOVELY, ARE THESE PLACES BEYOND PORT PERRY?  :-* :-*

LIZ, THERE IS AN OLD NURSING HOME IN AJAX AND MOST OF THE RESIDENTS HAVE BEEN MOVED INTO A NEW ONE,  SOME REFUSED TO MOVE AND THEIR FAMILIES HAVE SAID IT WOULD BE VERY UPSETTING FOR THEM. EVERYTIME I PASS IT I WONDER HOW ANYONE COULD STILL BE LIVING IN IT AND I WONDER WHY CHARTWELL HAVEN'T CLOSED IT DOWN.      I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU  :-* :-*
RUBY  I'M  WONDERING  IF THEY ARE MOVING EVERYONE INTO THE NEW ONE, HOW CAN SOME OF THE RESIDENTS  REFUSE TO MOVE?   THE ONE MY FRIEND'S HUSBAND, RIP, WAS IN HAD 3 FLOORS.  THE TOP ONE WHERE HE WAS  IS FOR PEOPLE WITH DEMEN? AND THE ONE BELOW WAS FOR OLDER PEOPLE, THE GROUND FLOOR WAS  WHERE PEOPLE WENT TO CONVELEST?   IF THEY HAD  NO ONE TO LOOK AFTER THEM.  THEY STAYED THERE TILL THEY COULD GO HOME ON THIER OWN.  MY FRIEND  STILL GOES THERE AND SHE SAID THE NURSES WERE ALL VERY GOOD TO HER HUSBAND AND THEY ALL KNOW HER AS  SHE WENT EVERY DAY.    SHE SAID IT REALLY IS OLD BUT THEY WERE VERY GOOD TO THE PEOPLE IN IT.   ALL IS WELL WITH ME LOVE THANK YOU FOR ASKING, AND I HOPE THE SAME IS WITH YOU.   I NOW HAVE TO GO AND FINISH MY GROCERY LIST , MY FRIEND WILL BE PICKING IT UP FOR ME.    ANYWAY I HOPE EVERYONE IS ENJOYING THIS LOVEY  WEATHER, IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF AUTUMN TOMORROW.  YIKES.  HA.  LIZ XXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23302 on: September 22, 2019, 09:05:04 PM »
LIZ, I DON'T KNOW WHY SOME CAN REFUSE TO MOVE, MAYBE WHEN IT'S TIME FOR THE OLD ONE TO BE CLOSED DOWN THEY WILL NOT HAVE A CHOICE. CHARTWELL TOOK IT OVER SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEIR PLANS ARE, THERE ARE ALWAYS CARS PARKED AT IT SO IT IS STILL OPEN. :-\

THE WIND IS STRONG AT TIMES BUT IT IS A LOVELY DAY, HOPEFULLY YOU WILL GET TO GO OUTSIDE BEFORE THE WEATHER CHANGES. :-* :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23303 on: September 23, 2019, 12:48:17 AM »
LIZ, I DON'T KNOW WHY SOME CAN REFUSE TO MOVE, MAYBE WHEN IT'S TIME FOR THE OLD ONE TO BE CLOSED DOWN THEY WILL NOT HAVE A CHOICE. CHARTWELL TOOK IT OVER SO I DON'T KNOW WHAT THEIR PLANS ARE, THERE ARE ALWAYS CARS PARKED AT IT SO IT IS STILL OPEN. :-\

THE WIND IS STRONG AT TIMES BUT IT IS A LOVELY DAY, HOPEFULLY YOU WILL GET TO GO OUTSIDE BEFORE THE WEATHER CHANGES. :-* :-*
RUBY,  I KNOW YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS, JOKING HA.   I GUESS THEY WILL SORT IT OUT.  IT WAS VERY WINDY ALL DAY AND EVEN SITTING HERE  I WAS FEELING IT COOL.  I WAS SUPPOSED TO  BE GOING FOR BREAKFAST AT THE POWER CENTER,  BUT EVEN THOUGH I BOOKED LAST WK, ON LINE,  PHONED UP NEXT DAY TO CONFIRM  AS IT KEPT SAYING IT COULD NOT , THERE WAS NO OPENINGS AND ALL WK WAS BOOKED UP,   SO WE LEFT IT AS THEY SAID  THEY WOULD  WORK ON IT AND AFTER PHONING 2 TIMES THEY STILL HAD NOTHING SO I JUST CANCELLED IT.  THIS IS A  SERVICE THAT'S SUPPOSED TO  ONLY  TAKE A FEW DAYS  NOTICE TO BOOK.  MY FRIEND IS COMING TO PICK UP MY GROCERIES.  I PICK THE WAL MART SHE LIKES BECAUSE OF LITTLE TRAFIC BUT  EVERY MONTH  I HAVE SUBS,  STUFF NOT COMING AND GETTING CHARGED FOR, WHEN YOU PHONE THEY REINBURSE YOU.  I ENDED UP PHONING THE OTHER DAY AND GOT THIS PERSON , LIKE TALKING TO A BRICK WALL,  I WAS NEAR YELLING DOWN THE PHONE HA.  ANYWAY I HAD TO CLICK OF BEFORE I DID GET RUDE.   ANYWAY I JUST FINISHED MY  ORDER TODAY SO LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS THIS TIME.  I THINK I'VE DONE MY COMPLAINING FOR THE WK.  THIS WK IS SUPPOSED TO BE NICE.    ANYWAY HOPE  YOU HAVE A GOOD NIGHT .  LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23304 on: September 23, 2019, 04:29:46 PM »
GOOD MORNING ALL  *

LIZ, DON'T WORRY ABOUT ASKING QUESTIONS WE ALL DO IT, AND WE DON'T ALWAYS HAVE AN ANSWER.  :-\

DID YOU GET THE HEAVY RAIN DURING THE NIGHT ? THE SUN IS DOING IT'S BEST TO COME OUT BUT THERE'S STILL DARK CLOUDS.

THIS WAS JUST A QUICK LOOK IN,  I'M GOING OUT FOR A WHILE SO I'LL BE BACK LATER.    *

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23305 on: September 23, 2019, 07:38:10 PM »
GOOD MORNING ALL  *

LIZ, DON'T WORRY ABOUT ASKING QUESTIONS WE ALL DO IT, AND WE DON'T ALWAYS HAVE AN ANSWER.  :-\

DID YOU GET THE HEAVY RAIN DURING THE NIGHT ? THE SUN IS DOING IT'S BEST TO COME OUT BUT THERE'S STILL DARK CLOUDS.

THIS WAS JUST A QUICK LOOK IN,  I'M GOING OUT FOR A WHILE SO I'LL BE BACK LATER.    *
WELL RUBY YOU KNOW ME,  ALWAYS WITH THE QUESTIONS,  I LOVE FINDING OUT THINGS, HOW ARE PEOPLE GETTING ON AND  HOPING THEY ARE KEEPING WELL.  I KNOW SOMETIMES IT SOUNDS LIKE I'M BEING NOSY BUT I TRUELY AM NOT.   I GUESS I'VE NEVER GOT OVER  HOW WE USE TO TALK BACK HOME.   I SAT BESIDE MY BEST FRIEND IN WORK AND OUR TWO OTHER  FRIENDS SAT BEHIND US AND SOME DAYS WE DID NOTHING  BUT TALK AND LAUGH, THOSE ARE THE TIMES I MISS.   WHEN WE  WERE TELLING A "STORY", WE WENT INTO EVERY DETAIL AND I DON'T THINK I LOST THAT SO WHEN I'M TELLING  A "STORY"  I HAVE TO TRY AND SHORTEN IT AS  PEOPLE  DON'T HAVE THE SAME  KIND OF  ADITUDE FOR LISTENING,  I KNOW MY HUSBAND USE TO GET  IRRITATED .  SORRY GIRL , SEE WHAT I MEAN, I'VE GONE ON AND ON.  I'LL FINISH NOW. HA.  THE SUN HAS BEEN GOING IN AND OUT ALL DAY  SO I HOPE YOUR OUTING.  LIZ  XXXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23306 on: September 24, 2019, 09:55:07 PM »
HI LIZ, DONT EVER WORRY ABOUT ASKING QUESTIONS, WE ALL LEARN THINGS FROM OTHER PEOPLE AND WE WANT TO KNOW HOW THEY'RE DOING. :-*

IT HAS BEEN VERY OVERCAST TODAY BUT NO RAIN YET :)

NOT MUCH GOING ON HERE TODAY WE JUST WENT OUT FOR GROCERIES AND BOUGHT MORE THAN WE INTENDED, NO FRILLS HAD A GOOD SALE ON. :D

IT'S BAND PRACTICE TONIGHT SO MY SISTER IS HERE UNTIL TOMORROW. I HAVE TO CATCH UP ON CORRIE TONIGHT WHILE WHEY'RE OUT :D

SEE YOU LATER   :-* :-*   

urneygirl

« Reply #23307 on: September 25, 2019, 05:48:35 PM »
GOOD AFTERNOON ALL, I HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL  :-**

I WILL CHECK BACK LATER  :)

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23308 on: September 25, 2019, 11:00:38 PM »
GOOD AFTERNOON ALL, I HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL  :-**

I WILL CHECK BACK LATER  :)
RUBY I DID NOT REALISE I HAD NOT  ANSWERED  YESTERDAY'S MAIL.  SO HERE GOES.   IT'S BEEN SUNNY HERE BUT THE WIND IS COOL AND I'VE BEEN HAVING TO PUT THE SHAWL ROUND MY SHOULDERS.  GLAD YOU GOT GOOD BUYS AT NO FRILLS.  I USE TO LOVE IT AND FOOD BASICS BUT F.B. HAS CHANGED AND DON'T SEEM AS CHEAP AS THEY USE TO BE, THIS IS GOING BY THEIR FLYER.  SOMETIMES THEY HAVE THAT $1 SALE BUT MY FRIEND JUST GOES TO WAL MART FOR ME SO I CAN'T ASK HER TO  START GOING TO OTHER SHOPS .  SHE PICKED UP MY GROCERIES  YESTERDAY.   HOPE YOU HAD A NICE VISIT WITH YOUR SISTER.    MY  FRIEND SAID SHE PUT HER AIR ON A FEW DAYS AGO.  HA.  WELL I HOPE YOU ARE KEEPING WELL.  MAYBE SEE YOU LATER.  LIZ  XXXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23309 on: September 26, 2019, 05:33:52 PM »
HI LIZ, WE TOOK KAREN TO COSCO YESTERDAY, JUSTIN HAD BORROWED HER CAR FOR WORK, THAT GIRL KNOWS HOW TO SHOP  :D   I DID BUY A FEW THINGS BUT IT'S EASY TO GET CARRIED AWAY. THEIR CHICKEN POT PIES ARE REALLY GOOD AND HANDY TO HAVE FOR A QUICK MEAL, THEY USED TO HAVE STEAK PIES BUT THEY STOPED SELLING THEM FOR SOME REASON.  IT'S LOVELY TODAY, WE GOT HEAVY RAIN DURING THE NIGHT BUT THE SUN IS SHINING NOW.

I'LL CHECK BACK LATER   :-**