Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1576616 times)

SIXTYNINER

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #23310 on: September 26, 2019, 10:25:51 PM »
HI LIZ, WE TOOK KAREN TO COSCO YESTERDAY, JUSTIN HAD BORROWED HER CAR FOR WORK, THAT GIRL KNOWS HOW TO SHOP  :D   I DID BUY A FEW THINGS BUT IT'S EASY TO GET CARRIED AWAY. THEIR CHICKEN POT PIES ARE REALLY GOOD AND HANDY TO HAVE FOR A QUICK MEAL, THEY USED TO HAVE STEAK PIES BUT THEY STOPED SELLING THEM FOR SOME REASON.  IT'S LOVELY TODAY, WE GOT HEAVY RAIN DURING THE NIGHT BUT THE SUN IS SHINING NOW.

I'LL CHECK BACK LATER   :-**
HI RUBY, I LOVED  COSTCO AND  YOU'RE RIGHT, YOU CAN GET CARRIED AWAY  BUYING STUFF.  I TRIED ONE TIME NOT TO  BRING A CART BUT THAT WAS  NO GOOD HA.  I USE TO BUY THE WATER THERE AND WHEN I HAD THE ELECTRIC  CART IT WAS NEVER BIG ENOUGH FOR ALL THE WATER AND GROCERIES.   A FEW TIMES MY SON CAME WITH ME AND HE PUSHED A CART AROUND  SO EVERYTHING WENT INTO THE CART I RODE AND HE PUSHED THE WATER,    TRUTH IS I LIKED SHOPPING BY MYSELF.   I HAVE TASTED THEIR CHICKEN PIES AND THEY ARE NICE ALTHOUGH  I FOUND THEM A WEE BIT DRY AND I LIKE LOTS OF  GRAVY  IN MINE, BUT THEN I LIKE EVERYTHING COVERED IN GRAVY. HA.  MY FRIEND PHONED EARLY ON AND SAID THEY  HAD RAIN DURING THE NIGHT BUT  WE DID NOT GET ANY.  IT'S BEEN PRETTY WINDY ALL WK.   MY  HOUSEKEEPING LADY CAME TODAY AND I WAS GLAD TO SEE HER.  SHE JUST CAME BACK FROM POLAND AND WAS TELLING ME  A BIT ABOUT IT.  HOW LONG IT TOOK THEM GETTING THERE , 20 HRS TRAVELING.  SHE CAME BACK ON MONDAY AND HAD ONE DAY OF BEFORE STARTING WORK AGAIN.   TAKE IT EASY.  LIZ XXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23311 on: September 26, 2019, 11:00:03 PM »
HI LIZ, WE HAD A BIG DOWNFALL THIS AFTERNOON AND THE SKY WAS BLACK. THANKFULL IT DIDN'T LAST TOO LONG. DOES YOUR HOUSEKEEPING LADY DEAL WITH OTHER TENNENTS IN THE BUILDING OR IS SHE JUST ASSIGNED TO YOU ? I'M SURE YOU ENJOYED HEARING ALL ABOUT HER TRIP. :)

THIS WAS JUST A QUICK LOOK IN, I HAVE A PILE OF IRONING THAT NEEDS ATTENTION, HAVE A GOOD EVENING LOVE   * 

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23312 on: September 27, 2019, 02:35:55 AM »
HI LIZ, WE HAD A BIG DOWNFALL THIS AFTERNOON AND THE SKY WAS BLACK. THANKFULL IT DIDN'T LAST TOO LONG. DOES YOUR HOUSEKEEPING LADY DEAL WITH OTHER TENNENTS IN THE BUILDING OR IS SHE JUST ASSIGNED TO YOU ? I'M SURE YOU ENJOYED HEARING ALL ABOUT HER TRIP. :)

THIS WAS JUST A QUICK LOOK IN, I HAVE A PILE OF IRONING THAT NEEDS ATTENTION, HAVE A GOOD EVENING LOVE   *
OH RUBY WE DID NOT HAVE ANY RAIN, I KEPT THINKING WE MIGHT BUT NO.  MY HOUSEKEEPING LADY JUST DOES ME IN THE BUILDING BUT SHE HAS OTHER LADIES  IN OTHER BUILDINGS THAT MUST HAVE MISSED HER LIKE I DID.  I KNEW SHE   WOULD HAVE MORE WORK COMING BACK AGAIN SO I TRIED  NOT TO TALK TO MUCH BUT IT NEVER WORKS.  I SAY THIS TO HER BUT SHE JUST LAUGHS AND SAYS SHE CAN KEEP WORKING AND LISTENING.  SHE WAS ABLE TO TELL ME SOME  BUT THIS TIME SHE HAD TO  USE 2 WASHING MACHINES AND DRYERS AS I HAD  MORE , I DID NOT HAVE ANYONE COME WHILE SHE WAS AWAY , THEY GET SHORT IN THE SUMMER AND   SOME HAVE LEFT. IT DID NOT BOTHER ME TOO MUCH  AND AT LEAST SHE WILL HAVE THE WKEND OF TO PUT HER FEET UP, I HOPE.   GOOD LUCK WITH THE IRONING,  I HATED IT WHEN BACK HOME BUT I LOVED IT HERE,  MY MOM USE TO MAKE US IRON EVERYTHING AND MY DAD'S SHIRTS AND THEN FOLD THEM UP, HATED THAT, SO I IRONED THE KID'S SCHOOL SHIRTS, I LOVED THAT,  I JUST PUT THEM ON HANGERS.  SO SIMPLE.  WELL LOVE  WANT TO HEAR SOMETHING WILD.  I GOT CARDS FROM THE  HEART AND STROKE SO  WHILE LOOKING AT THEM , THESE ONES WERE BEAUTIFUL, I STARTED THINKING ABOUT STARTING TO WRITE OUT MY CARDS. HA.  I KNOW, CRAZY.  LIZ  XXXXXX
sixtyniner

scotland

« Reply #23313 on: September 27, 2019, 02:45:08 AM »
Quick drop in hope all is well for everyone can't believe how quickly time is passing ,already Halloween goods are in the shops and I also noticed a few Christmas goods are slowly but surely also peeking out  well folk as I,m sure you will notice it,s the early hours of the morning and I hear my bed calling out so I will wish you all health and happiness  Cheers M😴😴

urneygirl

« Reply #23314 on: September 27, 2019, 05:11:14 PM »
GOOD MORNING ALL  *

LIZ, TIME IS GOING FAST AND IT WILL BE THANKSGIVING BEFORE WE KNOW IT, KAREN AND I JUST TALKED ABOUT IT THE OTHER DAY.

OUR HOUSE WAS VERY COLD THIS MORNING, I KNOW WE'RE INTO FALL BUT THE WEATHER HAS BEEN PRETTY GOOD SO FAR.  :-* :-*

HI SCOTLAND, NICE TO SEE YOU DROP IN, WE HAVE THE SAME HERE, HALLOWEEN, THNKSGIVING, AND CHRISTMAS IN THE SAME STORES :D I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH THE FAMILY  :-* :-*

TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND   :-**

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23315 on: September 28, 2019, 03:37:51 AM »
GOOD MORNING ALL  *

LIZ, TIME IS GOING FAST AND IT WILL BE THANKSGIVING BEFORE WE KNOW IT, KAREN AND I JUST TALKED ABOUT IT THE OTHER DAY.

OUR HOUSE WAS VERY COLD THIS MORNING, I KNOW WE'RE INTO FALL BUT THE WEATHER HAS BEEN PRETTY GOOD SO FAR.  :-* :-*

HI SCOTLAND, NICE TO SEE YOU DROP IN, WE HAVE THE SAME HERE, HALLOWEEN, THNKSGIVING, AND CHRISTMAS IN THE SAME STORES :D I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH THE FAMILY  :-* :-*

TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND   :-**

RUBY THE WEATHER IS CRAZY , ONE MINUTE IT'S BEAUTIFUL AND NEXT YOUR HEAT IS COMING ON.  IT'S GETTING MUCH COOLER AT NIGHT AND IN THE EARLY HRS BUT I STILL THINK WE HAVE MORE WARM DAYS AHEAD.   WE ARE ALMOST INTO OCT.  I THINK THIS YR HAS PASSED SO FAST.   THE STORES HAVE ALREADY STUFF IN FOR WINTER ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO SO IT WOULD BE NICE TO SEE THEM START PUTTING THE SPRING STUFF OUT. HA.  I KNOW TOO MUCH .   WELL TIME I WAS MOVING SO TILL WE MEET AGAIN, VERA LYNNE.  HA.  LIZ  XXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23316 on: September 29, 2019, 09:56:24 PM »
HI ALL I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAVE A NICE WEEKEND  :-* :-*

LIZ, I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW COLD IT IS TODAY, BUT IT'S SUPPOSED TO HEAT UP AGAIN DURING THE WEEK. THIS COLD SPELL WILL PROBIBLY START OUR FALL COLOURS :) THANKSGIVING IS COMING UP QUICK, I'LL HAVE TO FIND OUT WHO'S COMING TO DINNER  :D

TAKE CARE LOVE XOXO

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23317 on: September 29, 2019, 10:25:22 PM »
HI ALL I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAVE A NICE WEEKEND  :-* :-*

LIZ, I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW COLD IT IS TODAY, BUT IT'S SUPPOSED TO HEAT UP AGAIN DURING THE WEEK. THIS COLD SPELL WILL PROBIBLY START OUR FALL COLOURS :) THANKSGIVING IS COMING UP QUICK, I'LL HAVE TO FIND OUT WHO'S COMING TO DINNER  :D

TAKE CARE LOVE XOXO
HI RUBY,  WAS JUST ABOUT TO MOVE AND DECIDED TO CHECK THE EMAILS AGAIN. I'M GLAD I DID.  THIS WK END HAS NOT BEEN VERY WARM, THE WIND IS PRETTY COOL AND I CLOSED MY DOOR OVER NEARLY SHUT. I KEEP SAYING IT'S ALMOST OCT. BUT AGAIN SUMMER HAS JUST PAST SO IT'S NOT THAT FAR  AWAY YET.  IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE  YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT THANKSGIVING ALREADY, I KNOW YOU HAD BEEN  TALKING ABOUT IT BUT I GUESS YOU HAVE TO START PLANNING , HOW MANY IS COMING ETC.   I HOPE IT WARMS UP DURING THE WK , I'M NOT READY YET FOR COLD WEATHER.  WELL I HOPE THINGS GO WELL AND GUESS WHAT, I STARTED  WRITING A FEW CARDS OUT, YEP,  THE ONES FOR MY FLOOR, COULD NOT RESIST HA.  ANYWAY HAVE A  GOOD NIGHT.    TAKE CARE.  LIZ XXXXXXXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23318 on: September 30, 2019, 06:23:03 PM »
HI GUYS, JUST A WEE EXTRA NOTE.  LAST NIGHT WHILE "SORTING" I CAME ACROSS AN ENVELOPE CONTAINING A CD AND A FOLDER WITH  POEMS, ANYONE REMEMBER THE  THREAD  YOU WENT ON AND POSTED  SOMETHING YOU MIGHT HAVE  COMPOSED YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE DID  AND YOU  ACKNOWLEDGED THAT,  IT WAS A GREAT THREAD AND THEN IT JUST WENT LIKE A LOT OF THEM, I SAT AND READ THEM ALL FROM, FROM SALLYANN, MOONLIGHT, AND MANY OTHERS  AND FELT SO SAD THAT WE  NEVER HEAR FROM THEM ANYMORE.  WONDERING WHERE THEY ARE OR WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THEM. THERE WAS SO MANY FRIENDS  ON HERE   AND WE USE TO  HAVE A GOOD TIME , SORRY IF I SOUND MAUDLING BUT WHERE DID THEY ALL GO.  I KNOW SOME OF THEM HAVE PASSED, RIP, I HOPE  THE OTHERS ARE STILL IN GOOD HEALTH.  ANYWAY  I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY AHEAD.  LIZ XXXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23319 on: October 01, 2019, 08:00:18 PM »
WELL RUBY, THE OTHER DAY YOU  WERE TALKING ABOUT HOW COLD IT WAS  AND NOW CAN YOU BELIEVE THE TEMP TODAY.  IT'S  SAYS IT'S 31 HERE IN BURLINGTON.  I COULD FEEL THE HUMIDITY ALL DAY.  I HOPE ANYONE WHO IS OUT  IS ENJOYING THE WEATHER.  SO FAR NO RAIN  HA.     I GUESS  A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE STARTING TO  PLAN FOR TG DINNER.   NOT MUCH HAPPENING HERE SO  TILL I HEAR  FROM YOU AGAIN, I HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING A GOOD DAY.  LIZ XXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23320 on: October 01, 2019, 10:58:58 PM »
HI LIZ, I CAN'T BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WEATHER TODAY, YESTERDAY WE HAD TO PUT THE HEAT ON,  AND TODAY IT WAS BACK TO SUMMER  :D WE WORKED IN THE GARDEN TODAY CLEARING UP LEAVES AND CUTTING DOWN SOME HOSTA'S. WE STILL HAVE A FEW POTS AND HANGING BASKETS IN GOOD CONDITION BUT THAT COULD CHANGE TOMORROW.  ::) AS SOON AS WE FINISHED THE SKY DARKENED  AND WE HAD THUNDER AND LIGHTENING, THEN THE HEAVY RAIN AND IT LOOKS LIKE WE'RE IN FOR MORE.

I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU, I'LL CHECK BACK LATER  * 

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23321 on: October 02, 2019, 05:53:08 AM »
HI LIZ, I CAN'T BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WEATHER TODAY, YESTERDAY WE HAD TO PUT THE HEAT ON,  AND TODAY IT WAS BACK TO SUMMER  :D WE WORKED IN THE GARDEN TODAY CLEARING UP LEAVES AND CUTTING DOWN SOME HOSTA'S. WE STILL HAVE A FEW POTS AND HANGING BASKETS IN GOOD CONDITION BUT THAT COULD CHANGE TOMORROW.  ::) AS SOON AS WE FINISHED THE SKY DARKENED  AND WE HAD THUNDER AND LIGHTENING, THEN THE HEAVY RAIN AND IT LOOKS LIKE WE'RE IN FOR MORE.

I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU, I'LL CHECK BACK LATER  *
RUBY I HAD JUST FINISHED TALKING WITH MY FRIEND ON THE PHONE ABOUT "HOW IT LOOKED LIKE RAIN" SO OF I WENT TO BED , GOT IN AND NEXT THING THE HEAVENS OPENED  AND LORD IT LOOKED THE END OF THE WORLD HA.  ANYWAY  THE POWER WENT OF, PHONE EVERYTHING SO LONG STORY SHORT IT STAYED OF FOR ABOUT 4HRS.   I GOT BACK INTO BED AGAIN , PHONED MY FRIEND , WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A QUICK ONE AS I HAD ONLY ONE BAR ON MY  PHONE,  TOLD HER WHAT HAPPENED AND SHE SAID HER POWER WENT OF LIKE MINE ONLY HERS WAS STILL OF.   THE BUILDING ACROSS FROM ME HAD NO POWER EITHER, BUT MY FRIEND'S WENT OF THE SAME TIME AS MINE?   NOW THAT'S MY STORY.  I'M GLAD YOU'RE GETTING SOME WORK DONE  AND GOT IT DONE BEFORE THE RAIN CAME.   TOMORROW/TODAY IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE SAME.  I'M OF TO   BED SO  SLEEP TIGHT.   LIZ  XXXXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23322 on: October 02, 2019, 06:39:56 PM »
HI LIZ, AFTER ALL OUR LEAF RAKING YESTERDAY WE HAVE IT ALL BACK WITH THE STORM WE HAD. IT'S VERY DULL TODAY SO I THINK OUR WEE HEAT WAVE WAS A ONE DAY WONDER. :D

BOBBY WILL BE TAKING OVER MY COMPUTER SOON, HE HAS A SOCCER MATCH TO WATCH AND IT'S NOT ON THE TV.  I'LL GO CHECK SOME THREADS BEFORE HE TAKES OVER, SEE YOU LATER  :-* :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23323 on: October 02, 2019, 11:53:45 PM »
HI LIZ, AFTER ALL OUR LEAF RAKING YESTERDAY WE HAVE IT ALL BACK WITH THE STORM WE HAD. IT'S VERY DULL TODAY SO I THINK OUR WEE HEAT WAVE WAS A ONE DAY WONDER. :D

BOBBY WILL BE TAKING OVER MY COMPUTER SOON, HE HAS A SOCCER MATCH TO WATCH AND IT'S NOT ON THE TV.  I'LL GO CHECK SOME THREADS BEFORE HE TAKES OVER, SEE YOU LATER  :-* :-*
RUBY IT MAKES YOU  WONDER WHY YOU EVEN BOTHER HA.  IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE  RAIN TOMORROW AND IT WAS RAINING MOST OF THE DAY AND OUR POWER WENT OF TODAY AGAIN BUT TG IT WAS ONLY FOR AN HR.  MY FRIEND I MENTIONED  IN MY OTHER EMAIL, SAID HER POWER DID NOT COME ON  TILL LATE AT NIGHT AND MY OTHER FRIEND SAID HERS WENT OF AS WELL.  ALL AT DIFFERENT TIMES.  GUESS WHAT, ONE OF THE  CANDIDATES  FOR OUR RIDING JUST CAME IN, AND WE TALKED FOR A FEW MINUTES. I DID NOT REGOGISE HER FROM HER CARD AS SHE HAD HER HAIR UP AND ON HER CARD SHE HAS IT DOWN,  ANYWAYS SHE SEEMS LIKE A NICE PERSON.  SO  I MENTIONED ABOUT NOT ENOUGH HANDI VANS ETC.  SHE JUST LEFT.  I  DID NOT KNOW THEY ALLOWED THEM TO COME INTO THE BUILDING.   I HOPE BOBBY'S TEAM WINS BUT I LOVE WATCHING IT ON TV AS THE PICTURE IS BIGGER. I WOULD RATHER WATCH THE ENGLISH SOCCER.   HAVE A GOOD NIGHT LOVE.  LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

scotland

« Reply #23324 on: October 03, 2019, 05:22:24 PM »
Just a wee look in  before I make the tea and give you a little bit of news ,my daughter had her hair shaved of for charity yesterday it,s for the MacMillan Foundation I am so proud of her her first words on seeing herself was I think I suit this style ,I just love her to bits .Take care and good health to you all M😀😀