Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1587999 times)

SIXTYNINER

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #23550 on: January 13, 2020, 05:18:19 AM »
I HEAR YOU LIZ ABOUT CORRIE  IT WAS. MUCH BETTER YEARS AGO THERE WAS SOME GOOD LAUGHS  BACK THEN 

HILDA AND STAN  AND JACK AND  VERA  TO NAME A FEW 😆
JEAN,  BACK WHEN  THE SHOW WAS MORE  REAL AND SO WERE THE PEOPLE.   THEN THEY TRIED  TO MAKE IT MORE AMERICAN  AND IT WENT DOWN HILL AFTER THAT.  LAST WK I WAS  WATCHING  EITHER  "HEARTBEAT" OR "MIDSUMMER MURDERS" AND HILDA WAS IN IT.   THOSE TWO SHOWS HAVE LOTS OF THE  OTHER  ACTORS IN IT FROM CORRIE ETC.   WISH THEY WOULD BRING BACK "FROST".  HOPE YOU ARE STILL HAVING A  GOOD TIME.  LIZ XXXXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23551 on: January 13, 2020, 05:28:28 AM »
HI GIRLS, I'M SORRY I HAVEN'T POSTED IN A FEW DAYS, BUT BOBBY TOOK ME TO NIAGARA FOR A COUPLE OF DAY'S FOR MY BELATED B-DAY PRESENT. WE HAD A LOVELY TIME.   :)

JEAN,  YOUR WEATHER SOUNDS LOVELY, YOU'RE LUCKY YOU HAVE MISSED TODAY'S WEATHER, THE RAIN WAS VERY HEAVY TODAY BUT IT HAS CALMED DOWN NOW  AND WE DON'T KNOW IF IT WILL START AGAIN, THE FORECAST YESTERDAY WASN'T VERY GOOD,  WE HAVE A POOL AT THE BOTTOM OF OUR GARDEN BUT I'M GLAD THE WATER ISN'T CLOSE TO THE HOUSE. ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY AND SAY HI TO MORRIS  *

HI LIZ, I HOPE THIS WEATHER DOSEN'T CAUSE YOU MORE PAIN, THANKFULLY YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE RAIN.
I STILL WATCH THE WEEKS CORRIE ON SUNDAY NIGHTS BUT I CHEATED LAST WEEK AND WATCHED 2 EPISODES WHEN IT WAS ALL ABOUT CHRISTMAS, AND I THOUGHT RITA WAS GOING TO DIE :(  SO I ONLY HAVE 3 EPISODES TO WATCH TOMORROW NIGHT. :D

I'M GOING TO CHECK A COUPLE OF THREADS AND THEN DECIDE WHAT'S FOR DINNER, TAKE CARE LOVE  :-**

JACKIE, SAFE JOURNEY TOMORROW FOR YOU & VI,  :-* :-*
BAD GIRL RUBY,  HA.  I HATE THEM FOR  CAUSING ME NOT TO WATCH CORRIE ANYMORE.   I KNOW THEY HAVE LOST SO MANY  VIEWERS BECAUSE OF IT.  I'M  GLAD  BOBBY TOOK YOU  FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY,  WHAT A NICE THING TO DO. AND YOU OR ANYONE ELSE  SHOULD  NOT HAVE TO APOLIGISE FOR NOT   POSTING,  PEOPLE  ARE BUSY AND SOMETIMES   THEY DON'T HAVE TIME  OR SOMETHING COMES UP THAT TAKES PRESIDENT OVER  POSTING.  YOU COME ON WHEN YOU HAVE  TIME.  SOMETIMES  I'LL ASK MY FRIEND ABOUT SOMETHING OR SOME ONE ON CORRIE BUT I CAN'T  WATCH IT SO I'LL GET IT FROM HER HA.     LIZ XXXXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #23552 on: January 13, 2020, 05:23:39 PM »
HI LIZ, THE STORY LINE ON CORRIE IS A BIT MUCH BUT AS YOU KNOW I STILL WATCH IT  ::)

I KEEP FORGETTING TO ASK YOU IF YOUR NEW BED IS EASING YOUR PAIN, I REMEMBER YOU HAD A COUPLE OF ISSUES WITH IT ?  :-* :-*

HI JILLY, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A NICE CHRISTMAS WITH THE CHILDREN, I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOUR FAMILY IN AUSTRALIA, THANKFULLY THE FIRES EASED A BIT, BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY COPE WITH IT EVERY YEAR.  :-*

SARAH, I HOPE YOU'RE HAVING A GOOD TIME WITH YOUR FAMILY, HOPEFULLY YOU ARE ALL ENJOYING THE SUN, I WISH YOU COULD SEND US SOME. :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23553 on: January 13, 2020, 06:48:09 PM »

Reply #23552 on: Today at 05:23:39 PM

HI LIZ, THE STORY LINE ON CORRIE IS A BIT MUCH BUT AS YOU KNOW I STILL WATCH IT   

I KEEP FORGETTING TO ASK YOU IF YOUR NEW BED IS EASING YOUR PAIN, I REMEMBER YOU HAD A COUPLE OF ISSUES WITH IT ? 

RUBY  I LOVE THAT IT CAN GO UP AND DOWN  SO I CAN GET INTO BED  WHEN IT'S LOW AND HIGH  SO I CAN GET OUT WITHOUT BENDING MY KNEES AND I CAN BRING THE HEAD BOARD TO PUSH ME UP AS I HAVE  THIS WHOLE RIG M' ROLE THING GETTING INTO BED, IT'S LIKE A  SCENE FROM  LUCY.   BUT I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE  MATTRESS, IT'S A HOSPITAL ONE AND HAS A  "PLASTIC" COVER AND MY SHEETS SLIDE WHEN I'M GETTING IN OR OUT .  MY  HOUSEKEEPING  LADY  PUTS TWO  GRIPS ON EACH CORNER TO HELP THIS  , SHE IS SO SWEET AND  GOOD TO TAKE THE TIME TO DO THIS.   ANYWAY  KEEP THE FAITH AS THEY SAY,  I'M GLAD YOU STILL WATCH CORRIE AND AT LEAST YOU KNOW  THE LINES AND PLOTS ARE STUPID.    IT TOOK ME A LONG TIME  TO COME  TO THE END OF WATCHING IT BUT I HAD TO DO IT FOR MY  SANITY HA.   IT WAS DRIVING ME CRAZY HA.   LIZ XXXXX
sixtyniner

mcd

« Reply #23554 on: January 13, 2020, 09:34:55 PM »
 WELL WHAT DO YOU GIRLS THINK ABOUT HARRY AND MEGAN ???  I DONT LIKE THE WAY THEY HANDLED IT AT ALL

TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH I ALWAYS THOUGHT  MEGAN WOULD  AT SOME POINT WANT A DIVORCE   I DO UNDERSTAND ITS A WORLD AWAY FROM WHAT SHE CAME FROM   ( MOVIE  CAREER  BUT NEVER THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE SNEAKY   I DONT KNOW WHAT THINK   
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

JohnKelly

« Reply #23555 on: January 14, 2020, 01:40:19 AM »
::)  Suspected so,... no need for Starsky and Hutch nonsense back then.

https://youtu.be/MKB34LPhiGQ            https://youtu.be/_sg-2vtu0GE

There was also a very important real life Ontario connection with the series,...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Reilly_(harmonica_player)                    https://youtu.be/rL-PgmAd9vc

Dixon of Dock Green was one of my favourite TV police series, I say 'one of' for there were many and they were mainly British productions.

Dixon of Dock Green portrayed the type of policing of that era which sadly in this day and age no longer applies.

I find the Canadian Police system quite interesting in comparison to that in Australia in that in Canada a Province, city or town can have their own police force or they can contract out for a police force, say for example the RCMP or a Provincial Police Force.

Like many police forces around the world, if you go back in their history you will find an RUC influence and on the topic of 'Canada To-Day' the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary would be a good example.

Cheers.

James James

« Reply #23556 on: January 14, 2020, 04:51:27 AM »

JohnKelly

« Reply #23557 on: January 14, 2020, 04:55:57 AM »
WELL WHAT DO YOU GIRLS THINK ABOUT HARRY AND MEGAN ???  I DONT LIKE THE WAY THEY HANDLED IT AT ALL

TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH I ALWAYS THOUGHT  MEGAN WOULD  AT SOME POINT WANT A DIVORCE   I DO UNDERSTAND ITS A WORLD AWAY FROM WHAT SHE CAME FROM   ( MOVIE  CAREER  BUT NEVER THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE SNEAKY   I DONT KNOW WHAT THINK   

As the Queen said in her media release, it is a complex situation and there are more issues to be addressed.

I thought your Prime Minister jumped the gun by offering to pay half of the couples security costs while they are in Canada given that they will be no longer royals but private citizens.

James James

« Reply #23558 on: January 14, 2020, 05:03:18 AM »
He'll ALWAYS be Royal,... whether officially or not,... and his ancestry can't be arbitrarily ignored or excluded,... by anyone, or for any reason,... and even Boris isn't dozy enough to take responsibility for putting him in any potential danger.

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23559 on: January 14, 2020, 11:53:11 AM »

JEAN I NEVER LIKED HER FROM DAY ONE.  MY FRIEND WAS UPSET WHEN I SAID THIS AS SHE LIKED  HER AND THOUGHT SHE WAS GOOD FOR HIM BUT FROM THE BEGINNING SHE TOOK CHARGE OF THAT RELATIONSHIP, EVEN   TELLING THE  PAPERS  ABOUT THEM   WHEN SHE SHOULD HAVE KEPT HER MOUTH SHUT.  THEN SHE COMES INTO THE FAMILY  AND  RIGHT AWAY  WANTS THINGS HER WAY,  I LIKED HARRY BUT  I THINK HE WAS  A WEE BIT JEALOUS  OF HIS BROTHER  AND WANTED THE SAME THINGS.  THEY WERE SO  CLOSE  AND THEN HER.  SORRY I'LL FINISH  OF NOW.  I HAVE NOT HEARD  THE NEWS.  I JUST HEARD  THERE WAS SOMETHING GOING ON.  I'M SORRY  THIS HAD TO HAPPEN.  LIZ  XXXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #23560 on: January 14, 2020, 11:56:16 AM »
As the Queen said in her media release, it is a complex situation and there are more issues to be addressed.

I thought your Prime Minister jumped the gun by offering to pay half of the couples security costs while they are in Canada given that they will be no longer royals but private citizens.
WELL JOHN THIS PM  THINKS   MONEY GROWS ON TREES  AND A FEW YRS AGO HE WAS OFFERING IT TO  EVERYONE WHO NEEDED MONEY.   SORRY DON'T START ME ON THAT MORON.   HE HAS NO RIGHT TO OFFER THEM MONEY AND THEY SHOULD BE PAYING THEIR OWN  SECURITY COSTS. I'M ANGRY.   LIZ XXX
sixtyniner

mcd

« Reply #23561 on: January 15, 2020, 07:17:40 PM »
 I AM NOT IN FAVOUR OF THEM RECEIVING ANY MONEY  I JUST NEVER GOT A GOOD FEELING ABOUT HER 

MIXING WITH ROYALTY I WOULD IMAGINE IS TOTALLY  TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM  GLITCH AND GLAMOUR OF MOVIE

WORLD  AND MEGAN JUST COULD T HANDLE IT  BUT I HOPE THEY FIND WHATEVER IT IS THEY ( MEGAN ) ARE HOPING FOR 

THE WAY THEY HANDLED THEIR ( I THINK HER )DECISION WAS NOT IN A NICE WAY  . 

AND NOW THE TWO. BROTHERS ARE DRIFTING APART  SO SO SAD
Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

urneygirl

« Reply #23562 on: January 15, 2020, 10:59:40 PM »
HI ALL, I COULDN'T GET ON THE COMPUTER YESTERDAY, IT KEPT TELLING ME I NEEDED 'WINDOWS 10' AND I WAS AFRAID TO MESS AROUND WITH IT, I JUST CLOSED IT DOWN AND TODAY IT'S OK  ::) BOBBY DID SAY I MAY HAVE TO UPGRADE :-\

I DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT HARRY & MEGAN, IT WAS THEIR DECISION TO MOVE TO CANADA AND I'M SURE THEY HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES. I DON'T SEE WHY CANADA HAS TO SUPPORT THEM,  WE HAVE ENOUGH POOR PEOPLE IN NEED OF SUPPORT.

TALKING ABOUT THE ROYALS, WE'RE REALLY ENJOYING THE CROWN SERIES NOW THAT WE HAVE NETFLIX WITH NO ADVERTS :)

I HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL AND KEEPING WARM.   :-**

JohnKelly

« Reply #23563 on: January 16, 2020, 01:55:52 AM »
HI ALL, I COULDN'T GET ON THE COMPUTER YESTERDAY, IT KEPT TELLING ME I NEEDED 'WINDOWS 10' AND I WAS AFRAID TO MESS AROUND WITH IT, I JUST CLOSED IT DOWN AND TODAY IT'S OK  ::) BOBBY DID SAY I MAY HAVE TO UPGRADE :-\

I DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT HARRY & MEGAN, IT WAS THEIR DECISION TO MOVE TO CANADA AND I'M SURE THEY HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO TAKE CARE OF THEMSELVES. I DON'T SEE WHY CANADA HAS TO SUPPORT THEM,  WE HAVE ENOUGH POOR PEOPLE IN NEED OF SUPPORT.

TALKING ABOUT THE ROYALS, WE'RE REALLY ENJOYING THE CROWN SERIES NOW THAT WE HAVE NETFLIX WITH NO ADVERTS :)

I HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL AND KEEPING WARM.   :-* *

We are keeping warm here in my part of Australia, yesterday it was 43 C.!!!

A couple of topics in your above quote caught my attention,

Upgrading to Windows 10 - Have a browse through the Computers Thread in this Forum and you will see some discussions on the subject of upgrading to Windows 10.  I was in the same situation as you being on Windows 7 and read up on some of the pitfalls of upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on a 10 year old computer; in the end I went out and bought a new computer which included Windows 10 (Home)

The Crown Series - My wife and I were both avid followers and are looking forward to the new series - I read that Gillian Anderson will play Margaret Thatcher, Gillian is a top actor and was awesome in the TV series The Fall.

mcd

« Reply #23564 on: January 16, 2020, 04:45:48 AM »
WELL JOHN THIS PM  THINKS   MONEY GROWS ON TREES  AND A FEW YRS AGO HE WAS OFFERING IT TO  EVERYONE WHO NEEDED MONEY.   SORRY DON'T START ME ON THAT MORON.   HE HAS NO RIGHT TO OFFER THEM MONEY AND THEY SHOULD BE PAYING THEIR OWN  SECURITY COSTS. I'M ANGRY.   LIZ XXX

LIZ HE KNOWS. NOTHING ABOUT HOW THE  AVERAGE PERSON LIVES , HOW SOME HAVE TO MAKE ENDS  MEET