Author Topic: CANADA TO-DAY.  (Read 1619888 times)

SIXTYNINER

Re: CANADA TO-DAY.
« Reply #24000 on: June 21, 2020, 04:28:29 PM »
HI GIRLS SORRY I HAVENT BEEN POSTING LATELY ,I VOLUNTEERED TO WRITE CARDS FOR THE SENIORS IN RETIREMENT HOMES  I DID SOME RESEARCH  (MY IDEA ) TO FIND SOME FUNNY STORIES TO WRITE HOPEFULLY TO BRIGHTEN THEIR DAY  HOPE THIS CRISIS WILL BE OVER SOON

HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING ?   WE HAVE HAD SOME HOT WEATHER THIS PAST COUPLE OF DAYS DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I DONT LIKE THIS HEAT  CANT HANDLE IT 
KIDS ARE COMING TOMORROW AS ITS FATHERS DAY  I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT 
WE WENT-INTO TOWN  THIS MORNING AND HAD BREAKFAST OUTSIDE ON THE PATIO   
I HAVENT READ THROUGH  THE POSTS  ,  I HOPE YOU ARE ALL DOING YOUR BEST TO KEEP  TO HANG IN
WELL CHUMS I AM GOING TO SAY GOODNIGHT  STAY WELL  😘

HI JEAN,  HOPE YOU AND THE FAMILY ARE ALL KEEPING WELL.  WHAT A NICE IDEA TO WRITE CARDS FOR THEM,  ARE YOU ALLOWED IN NOW?  DON'T EVER WORRY ABOUT THE LENGTH OF TIME YOU  DON'T POST,  SOMETIMES  THINGS COME UP AND WE DON'T REALISE   WE HAVE NOT POSTED   FOR A BIT.  HAPPENS TO ALL OF US.  JUST SO LONG AS YOU COME BACK AND LET US KNOW YOU'RE STILL IN THE LAND OF THE LIVING HA.    MY FRIEND  IS HAVING THEIR FATHER'S  DAY  TODAY   FOR REASONS.   THAT MUST HAVE BEEN NICE SITTING OUTSIDE ON THE PATIO AND IT'S NICE AND WARM.    ENJOY YOURSELVES AND STAY SAFE AND WELL.  LIZ XXXXXXX
sixtyniner

mcd

« Reply #24001 on: June 24, 2020, 03:22:13 AM »
HI JEAN,  HOPE YOU AND THE FAMILY ARE ALL KEEPING WELL.  WHAT A NICE IDEA TO WRITE CARDS FOR THEM,  ARE YOU ALLOWED IN NOW?  DON'T EVER WORRY ABOUT THE LENGTH OF TIME YOU  DON'T POST,  SOMETIMES  THINGS COME UP AND WE DON'T REALISE   WE HAVE NOT POSTED   FOR A BIT.  HAPPENS TO ALL OF US.  JUST SO LONG AS YOU COME BACK AND LET US KNOW YOU'RE STILL IN THE LAND OF THE LIVING HA.    MY FRIEND  IS HAVING THEIR FATHER'S  DAY  TODAY   FOR REASONS.   THAT MUST HAVE BEEN NICE SITTING OUTSIDE ON THE PATIO AND IT'S NICE AND WARM.    ENJOY YOURSELVES AND STAY SAFE AND WELL.  LIZ XXXXXXX

HIYA LIZ  ALL THE FAMILY ARE DOING GOOD , THANKYOU      LIZ I WONT BE ABLE TO GO INSIDE THE VILLA  WHEN I TAKE THE CARDS  THEY WILL BE PUT INTO A PLASTIC FOR A FEW DAYS AND THEN HANDED OUT BY THE STAFF THERE 

HOW DO YOU LIKE THIS HOT HOT HOT🤯 WEATHER   DONT FEEL LIKE MOVING ABOUT MUCH

WHERE HAS RUBY GONE ? ? 

STAY SAFE   STAY COOL  HANG IN   HUGS 🤗 🤗

Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

urneygirl

« Reply #24002 on: June 24, 2020, 08:51:31 PM »
I'M HERE :D

HI GIRLS, SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN AROUND FOR A FEW DAYS BUT THE PAST COUPLE OF DAYS HAVE BEEN BUSY. BOBBY HAD A GOOD FATHER'S DAY SUNDAY & MONDAY  :D KAREN & FAMILY CAME ON SUNDAY AND SARA SURPRISED HIM & ME ON MONDAY  :D I DIDN'T KNOW THE GIRLS  HAD PLANED ANYTHING, I DON'T THINK THEY WANTED ME INVOLVED  :D  I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO COOK BECAUSE THEY ORDERED MANDARIN FOR DINNER :) SARA STAYED FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS AND NOW THE HOUSE IS QUIET AGAIN.   :(

JEAN IT'S LOVELY TO SEE YOU, YOU'RE DOING GREAT WORK FOR THE SENIORS AND IM SURE THEY GET PLEASURE READING THE CARDS.  :)

THINGS LOOK LIKE THEY'RE EASING UP A BIT BUT I HOPE PEOPLE DON'T GO TOO FAR.  WE DID HAVE A LOOK IN THE PICKERING  MALL ON FRIDAY BUT THERE WASN'T MANY STORES OPEN, BATH & BODY WORKS  HAD A FEW LINE UPS UP IT WAS PRETTY QUIET.

HAVE YOU BEEN TO THE HAIR DRESSER YET ? I HAD MY HAIR CUT ON FRIDAY AROUND 5PM THE FIRST DAY IT OPENED  AND MY HAIRDRESS LOOKED VERY TIRED, SHE SAID THEY WERE OPEN  VERY EARLY IN THE MORNING AND IT WAS NON STOP.

LIZ, HOW ARE YOU DOING ?  I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU, ARE YOU GETTING TO SEE ANY OF YOUR FRIENDS YET OR ARE THEY STILL BEING CAUTIOUS ?

THANKFULLY IT'S A BIT COOLER TODAY, I MAY GO SIT OUTSIDE FOR AWHILE AND GET SOME AIR ABOUT ME BEFORE THE WEATHER CHANGES.  :D

WELL GIRLS I'LL LOVE & LEAVE YOU, TAKE CARE    :-** :-*

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #24003 on: June 25, 2020, 12:59:28 AM »

HIYA LIZ  ALL THE FAMILY ARE DOING GOOD , THANKYOU      LIZ I WONT BE ABLE TO GO INSIDE THE VILLA  WHEN I TAKE THE CARDS  THEY WILL BE PUT INTO A PLASTIC FOR A FEW DAYS AND THEN HANDED OUT BY THE STAFF THERE 

HOW DO YOU LIKE THIS HOT HOT HOT🤯 WEATHER   DONT FEEL LIKE MOVING ABOUT MUCH

WHERE HAS RUBY GONE ? ? 

STAY SAFE   STAY COOL  HANG IN   HUGS 🤗 🤗
WELL JEAN,  I'VE JUST DONE THE SAME THING,  NOT BEEN ON FOR A FEW DAYS BUT I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAAK HA.    IT'S NOT BEEN AS HOT AND HUMID AS  THE LAST WK BUT IT'S COMING BACK AGAIN SO I'LL WAIT AND THEN TURN THE AIR ON AND CLOSE THE DOOR.  I REMEMBER  YOU HATED  THE HOT WEATHER AS MUCH AS I DID.  THE HUMIDITY DRAINS YOU.   I THINK RUBY HAS   IS TAKING A BREAK HA.    I BET THE  SENIORS  WILL LOVE THE CARDS JEAN,    THEY WILL KNOW THAT SOMEONE IS  THINKING OF THEM,  GOLD STAR GIRL.   I THINK THINGS ARE STARTING TO MOVE, SLOWLY AS IT SHOULD BE BUT  IT'S A START.   WELL GIRL,  I HOPE YOU AND MO AND THE REST OF THE FAMILY ARE KEEPING WELL AND STAYING SAFE.  LOVE LIZ XXXXXXXXXX
sixtyniner

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #24004 on: June 25, 2020, 01:11:09 AM »
OH RUBY,  GLAD YOU HAD A  NICE  TIME  OVER THE WK END.    THE HOT WEATHER IS COMING BACK AGAIN.   MY FRIENDS HAVE BEEN TO THEIR HAIRDRESSERS AND MY HOUSEKEEPING LADY  THE SAME.  THEY WERE ALL SO GLAD   HA. MY ONE FRIEND  USE TO GO EVERY 6WKS AND WHEN SHE WAS THERE  SHE BOOKED AGAIN , JUST IN CASE HA.  I HAVE NOT SEEN MY FRIENDS   LIKE I USE TO BUT  I HAVE SEEN THEM,  WE DON'T HUG OR ANYTHING.    I GOT MY PRESCRIPTIONS  THIS WK AND  THEY WERE FOR 3MTHS.   AND TALKING ABOUT  PEOPLE  STAYING CAUTIOUS, DID YOU SEE  ALL  THOSE PEOPLE ON  THE BEACH, SORRY I FORGET THE NAME, IT'S OPEN ONLY TO THE  PEOPLE WHO LIVE THERE BUT OUTSIDERS CAME AND  MADE SUCH A MESS,  THEY EVEN TICKETED  SOME PEOPLE.    WELL TAKE CARE,  AND STAY SAFE AND WELL.  LIZ XXXXXXXX
sixtyniner

IRISHDIVA

« Reply #24005 on: June 25, 2020, 09:13:31 PM »
Hi all, just checking in, not much going on I have been out to the grocery stores a few times but no other shopping, I don't think it's time to let down my guard and let things slip. I had to take my car to the dealership to get the snow tire off yesterday, that was the first date I could get after they reopened. But it was well organized and all the staff had masks and gloves on and they had a guy walking around cleaning all the chairs and tables. They now have a nice seating area outside and I went to that rather then sitting inside. Was out last weekend to my Nephews and they ordered in dinner it was very good, And I had a wee dip in the pool. I am not watching too much USA TV as it just get me mad and I can't control it they have lost the plot. Well better be going, Oh and Mavis say Hi to you all that know her. ??? I try to keep her up to date on all that going on. So Keep on Keeping On folks and stay safe and don't take risks, we're not out of the wood yet. ;)   
You will never know where you are going.
If you do not remember where you come from.

urneygirl

« Reply #24006 on: June 25, 2020, 09:27:28 PM »
HI LIZ, THEY KEEP SHOWING THE BEACHES IN FLORIDA AND NOW THE YOUNG ONES ARE GETTING THE VIRUS, THINGS ARE VERY BAD IN THE STATES AND TRUMP ISN'T HELPING.

I WENT OUT FOR A FEW GROCERIES TODAY AND THE WEATHER HAS COOLED DOWN A BIT BUT IT'S NICE, WE TURNED OFF THE AIR CONDITIONER AND OPENED THE WINDOWS SO I'M HAPPY. ;)

NOTHING MUCH GOING ON TODAY, I DID SOME IRONING THAT I HAVE IGNORED FOR A FEW DAYS SO NOW THAT'S OUT OF THE WAY  :D

I'M GLAD YOU GET TO SEE YOUR FRIENDS, WE ALL NEED SOMEONE TO BRIGHTEN UP  OUR DAY :)

I'M GOING TO CHECK A COUPLE OF THREADS BEFORE I SIGN OUT, TAKE CARE  LOVE  *

urneygirl

« Reply #24007 on: June 25, 2020, 09:50:25 PM »
HI LILLIAN, WE POSTED AT THE SAME TIME AND I'M GLAD I DIDN'T LOOSE MY POST, IT HAS HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE ::)

GLAD ALL IS WELL IN YOUR FAMILY, GIVE OUR LOVE TO MAVIS AND HOPEFULLY IN TIME WE CAN GET TOGETHER.

I'M GLUED TO CNN EVERY NIGHT  AND I CAN'T BELIEVE TRUMP HAS SO MANY FOLLOWERS, GOD HELP AMERICA IF HE GETS RE-ELECTED   :o

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #24008 on: June 26, 2020, 08:56:18 PM »
HI LIZ, THEY KEEP SHOWING THE BEACHES IN FLORIDA AND NOW THE YOUNG ONES ARE GETTING THE VIRUS, THINGS ARE VERY BAD IN THE STATES AND TRUMP ISN'T HELPING.

I WENT OUT FOR A FEW GROCERIES TODAY AND THE WEATHER HAS COOLED DOWN A BIT BUT IT'S NICE, WE TURNED OFF THE AIR CONDITIONER AND OPENED THE WINDOWS SO I'M HAPPY. ;)

NOTHING MUCH GOING ON TODAY, I DID SOME IRONING THAT I HAVE IGNORED FOR A FEW DAYS SO NOW THAT'S OUT OF THE WAY  :D

I'M GLAD YOU GET TO SEE YOUR FRIENDS, WE ALL NEED SOMEONE TO BRIGHTEN UP  OUR DAY :)

I'M GOING TO CHECK A COUPLE OF THREADS BEFORE I SIGN OUT, TAKE CARE  LOVE  *
HI RUBY,  THESE LAST FEW DAYS HAVE BEEN NICE  BUT THE REST OF THE WK SUPPOSED TO BE HOT AND HUMID.   I JUST CLOSED MY DOOR AND NOW THE    AIR IS ON  AND STAYING ON  TILL THE SNOW COMES, HA. THERE I'VE SAID IT HA.   MY FRIEND  HAS BEEN OUT VISITING SOME OF HER FRIENDS AND SHE AND A FRIEND WENT OUT FOR LUNCH I THINK WEDNESDAY AND  SAT OUTSIDE ON THE PATIO.  THE TABLES  WERE  6FT APART.    I KNOW  PEOPLE CAN'T WAIT  BUT  IT SHOULD NOT BE RUSHED JUST BECAUSE?  ESPECIALLY THOSE MORANS  DOWN ON SAUBLE BEACH?   I THOUGHT I HEARD THEY WERE FINED BUT IT SAID NOTHING ABOUT  IT ON TV LAST NIGHT.   THEY SHOULD ALL BE   FINED,  FOR THOSE WHO KEEP TO THE RULES  AND THOSE  WHO DON'T SEEM TO   CARE,  IT'S NOT FAIR .  ANYWAY      IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE   CANADA DAY IS ROUND THE CORNER .   TO EVERYONE  KEEP WELL AND STAY  SAFE.  LOVE LIZ XXXXXXXXXXXX
sixtyniner

jackiehillis

« Reply #24009 on: June 27, 2020, 01:07:44 AM »
     HI EVERYONE. THOUGHT I SHOULD CHECK IN. EVERYTHING IS UPSIDE DOWN THESE DAYS. NEVER KNOW WHAT DAY IT IS. HOPE YOU ARE ALL KEEPING SAFE AND COPING THROUGH THESE DIFFICULT TIMES. THINGS SEEM TO BE GETTING BETTER  IN ONTARIO. TODAY WE HAD THE LEAST COUNTS IN 3 MONTHS. I JUST HOPE IT KEEPS GETTING BETTER. I DON'T THINK MANY OF US WILL BE GOING TO THE STATES FOR AWHILE. TRY AND THINK POSITIVE. WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS.
"Don't walk in front of me" "I  don't want you to lead " " Don't walk behind me" "I don't want you to follow" " Walk beside me and be my friend "

urneygirl

« Reply #24010 on: June 27, 2020, 05:18:37 PM »
HI JACKIE :)

IT'S NICE TO SEE YOU, I'M GLAD TO HEAR ALL IS WELL WITH YOU AND THE FAMILY. I THINK OUR FLORIDA, AND YOUR ALABAMA, WILL TAKE A VERY LONG TIME GETTING BACK TO NORMAL.  IT FRIGHTENS ME WHEN I THINK THE VIRUS HAD ALREADY STARTED IN THE STATES AND WE DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT :o

WE HAVE BEEN KEEPING BUSY AND WATCHING A LOT OF CNN :D   I GUESS YOU'RE DISAPPOINTED  NOT GETTING  YOUR TRIP TO BELFAST THIS YEAR, WE ARE HOPING TO GET A TRIP BACK NEXT YEAR IF ALL IS WELL. TAKE CARE AND SAY HI TO VI   :-**

urneygirl

« Reply #24011 on: June 27, 2020, 05:32:14 PM »
HI LIZ,

I SEE YOU'RE LOCKING YOURSELF IN UNTIL THE WINTER  :D

WE HAVEN'T VENTURED OUT TO ANY PATIOS YET, I HAVE SEEN A LOT OF THEM OPEN UP SO THINGS ARE LOOKING UP AND HOPEFULLY THINGS WILL GRADUALLY EASE UP A BIT MORE.

THIS WAS A QUICK LOOK IN, WE HAVE A FEW ERRANDS TO RUN SO I'LL  CHECK BACK LATER   :-**

TO ALL OUR WEE CHUMS NEAR & FAR, I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A HAPPY AND SAFE WEEKEND.XOXOXOXOXO

SIXTYNINER

« Reply #24012 on: June 29, 2020, 04:40:18 AM »
HI JACKIE AND RUBY,  DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BUT I COULD NOT OPEN MY EMAILS.  THEY WERE THERE BUT  WOULD NOT OPEN WHEN I CLICKED ON THEM BUT  IT'S OK FOR NOW , TOUCH WOOD HA.   WELL IT SEEMS THE HOT WEATHER IS HERE TO STAY SO MY DOOR  GOT CLOSED AND  AIR ON  LETS HOPE IT COOLS DOWN QUICKLY.    I WATCH CHCH IN THE MORNINGS AND  IT SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF THE PLACES ARE  GETTING LESS  OF NEW CASES WHICH IS GREAT.   MY TWO FRIENDS  IN HOSPITAL    CAN HAVE ANY VISITORS,  THEY HAVE NO FAMILY HERE AND THEIR 2 SONS  ARE  IN OTHER COUNTRIES SO CAN'T  FLY IN.   ONE FRIEND WHOSE SON IS IN HOSPITAL WITH CANCER, HE'S YOUNG WITH TWO YOUNG  CHIDREN,   CAN'T EVEN HAVE HIS DAD COME VISIT , THE ONLY ONE ALLOWED IS HIS WIFE.   I KEEP SAYING , IT WILL END AND HOPEFULLY WE WILL LOOK BACK  AND TRY AND REMEMBER   WHAT IT WAS LIKE NOT BEING ABLE TO  HUG  OR EVEN SHAKE HANDS.   NOUGH SAID.    I HOPE YOU ARE ALL KEEPING WELL AND STAYING SAFE.   LOVE LIZ XXXXXXXX
sixtyniner

urneygirl

« Reply #24013 on: June 29, 2020, 08:18:48 PM »
HI LIZ, SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS NOT HAVING ANY FAMILY CLOSE BY OR ALLOWED VISITORS, BUT THIS IS THE WAY THINGS ARE NOW AND WE DON'T KNOW HOW LONG OUR LIVES ARE GOING TO BE LIKE THIS. THAT'S SAD ABOUT THE YOUNG MAN WITH CANCER, IT MUST BE VERY HARD ON HIS FAMULY, GOD BLESS HIM.

HAVE YOU HEARD ALABAMA AND FLORIDA ARE BEING HIT WITH A DUST CLOUD FROM AFRICA ON TOP OF EVERYTHING ELSE  :( 

WELL LOVE, ENOUGH BAD NEWS, I'M GOING TO CHECK THE FORUM AND HOPEFULLY HEAR SOME GOOD NEWS, I'LL CHECK BACK LATER   :-**

mcd

« Reply #24014 on: June 30, 2020, 03:45:56 AM »
HELLO CHUMS ! WELL I GOT TO TELL YOU TODAY WAS ONE OF THOSE DAYS FOR ME   I JUST COULD,NT SETTLE MYSELF  I AM SOOO FED UP WITH ALL THIS ,  HOW ARE YOU HANDLING THIS  ?     WE HAVENT SOCIALIZED WITH ANY ONE OTHER THAN THE FAMILY  EXCEPT OUR NEIGHBOR WITH A GOOD DISTANCE BETWEEN US  EVEN THOUGH WE WEAR OUR MASK 😷 ITS STILL A CONCERN

IT WAS A HOT DAY SO JUST FIDDLED ABOUT IN THE GARDEN UNTIL IT JUST GOT TOOO HOT AND I WILTED  💦  LOL 

HI JACKIE   LONG TIME NO HEAR FROM HOPE ALL IS WELL

RUBY    HOW IS THINGS WITH YOU ALL WELL I HOPE

LIZ  HOW ARE YOU DOING ? 

HELLO  TO ALL OUR CHUMS IN ALL CORNERS OF THE GLOBE 🌎  I HOPE ALL IS GOOD 

TAKE CARE AND LOOK AFTER YOURSELVES  HUGS 🤗

Light travels faster than sound, This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak