Author Topic: Belfast Dinner Lady Exile  (Read 6692 times)

EllCee

Re: Belfast Dinner Lady Exile
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2007, 10:30:02 PM »
"Tear up a few cheap loaves Les and throw them over their caravans"

My XYL is there, and I'm here in Belfast, but I've told her to be nice and ask them in for tea  

"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

Christopher

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2007, 09:45:07 AM »
Now now girls, no fighting in the school yard!!!
I was a dinner lady during the reform years when they go rid of the dried cabbage and introduced the real stuff!! I worked in St Thomas's on the Whiterock Rd the year before it closed and that was an experience, not for the faint hearted & I'm only talking about the staff!! When I left in '97 we were providing great choices to kids, curries, pasta dishes, salads baked spuds.

Sounds great ... did the kids enjoy eating the rabbit food and cucumber which many people do not eat ???

I notice quite a large number of kids still go to the fast food shops both at lunch time and when they
get out of school in the afternoon. Those great choices can't be all that filling.

glenb

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2007, 05:10:18 PM »
The arrangement for us was if your Father was working you paid x amount for your dinners, if he wasn't then it was free. I actually didn't mind the dinners...just the long lines and the march from the bottom of Butler st up to the dinner hall

Belle Fast

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2007, 12:12:01 PM »
Sounds great ... did the kids enjoy eating the rabbit food and cucumber which many people do not eat ???

I notice quite a large number of kids still go to the fast food shops both at lunch time and when they
get out of school in the afternoon. Those great choices can't be all that filling.
maybe we should have fed them bricks thats filling   :)

teap

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2007, 06:25:09 PM »
i loved the spuds in oliver plunkett primary school, every one used to give me theirs i ate 7 one day and some wee tout stuck her hand up in class and says MISS DO YOU SEE COLETTE? WELL SHE ATE 7 POTATOES IN THE DINNERS

[

Christopher

« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2007, 06:28:22 PM »
i loved the spuds in oliver plunkett primary school, every one used to give me theirs i ate 7 one day and some wee tout stuck her hand up in class and says MISS DO YOU SEE COLETTE? WELL SHE ATE 7 POTATOES IN THE DINNERS

[

Ye wee gorb ye O0

teap

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2007, 06:31:40 PM »
aye i was too Christopher, a great grubber my mum said.  O0

Belle Fast

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2007, 02:46:56 AM »
my sister was always the first up for seconds, they stopped asking who wanted it and jut brought it to the table. :)

twocoats

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2007, 02:48:39 AM »
I loved School Dinners at Cregagh Primary. And the Dinner Lady. She always looked after me O0
Homophobia, racism, sexism, bigotry and sectarianism is still alive..