Author Topic: Belfast Dinner Lady Exile  (Read 7165 times)

BLOOMFIELD

Re: Belfast Dinner Lady Exile
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007, 12:34:17 AM »
TC

I absolutely lived School Dinners at Cregagh Primary. Always had seconds

That's because there was never any food in your house, 'cause your mother

was always in the Pub, and your Da was in the Bookies. ::) ::)

School Dinners cause baldness. ;)

And Bloom. You have eaten worse

Well, I was always partial to certain things in the back seat at the Drive- in.  
"If someone tells me I've hurt their feelings, I say 'I'm still waiting to hear what your point is'."

twocoats

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007, 02:05:27 AM »
TC

That's because there was never any food in your house, 'cause your mother

was always in the Pub, and your Da was in the Bookies. ::) ::)

School Dinners cause baldness. ;)

Well, I was always partial to certain things in the back seat at the Drive- in.  

There was always lots of food in our house. I stole it from yer house in Bloomfield. Yukey stuff. Can't see why you would prefer those slops to good wholesome School Dinners.

Mum never drank but my old man used to bump into yer Ma at the Cregagh Inn.

Coats is not bald.

Now if you have finished insulting me and my family just cos I like School Dinners I will go in peace.

BTW. I actually liked school and ulkike some people did well there ;D Coats
Homophobia, racism, sexism, bigotry and sectarianism is still alive..

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2007, 02:12:20 AM »
TC

My Mother did not drink either :P

Coats is not bald.

Let's see a photo of you without one of your dress up hats  :D

BTW. I actually liked school and ulkike some people did well there Grin Coats

It did not do you much good, you still can't spell, and by the looks of it you can't use spell check either.

What school did you go to anyway---Reform School. ??? ::)
"If someone tells me I've hurt their feelings, I say 'I'm still waiting to hear what your point is'."

Belle Fast

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2007, 11:12:21 AM »
Now now girls, no fighting in the school yard!!!
I was a dinner lady during the reform years when they go rid of the dried cabbage and introduced the real stuff!! I worked in St Thomas's on the Whiterock Rd the year before it closed and that was an experience, not for the faint hearted & I'm only talking about the staff!! When I left in '97 we were providing great choices to kids, curries, pasta dishes, salads baked spuds.

twocoats

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2007, 04:43:12 PM »
Now now girls, no fighting in the school yard!!!
I was a dinner lady during the reform years when they go rid of the dried cabbage and introduced the real stuff!! I worked in St Thomas's on the Whiterock Rd the year before it closed and that was an experience, not for the faint hearted & I'm only talking about the staff!! When I left in '97 we were providing great choices to kids, curries, pasta dishes, salads baked spuds.

Your right Belle. Seriously I really liked School Dinners. Coats

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 08:03:21 PM »
TC

Your right Belle. Seriously I really liked School Dinners. Coats

You Crega guys were always easy pleased, just like your wimmin', they were

easy also. :-X :-[ :P

twocoats

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007, 08:14:01 PM »
TC

You Crega guys were always easy pleased, just like your wimmin', they were

easy also. :-X :-[ :P

It's Cregagh BloChristopher

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007, 08:26:39 PM »
TC

You Crega guys

I write , the way I talk. ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

giannineo

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 10:06:34 PM »
Spuds with black and blue bits in them...ugh...best meal of the year was the day after the christmas lunch when all the christmas lunch surplus was made into a wonderful stew.
    It was a brutal regime at Methody...8 to a table and the bullies usually ended up serving the meal from canisters....wee lads got hardly anything and the bullies had plates piled high.
        Favourite pud was individual blocks of ice cream with hot chocolate custard, roast pork with butter beans and mashed spud was the Tuesday fav.
         £1 for a ticket for twenty lunches payable at the a start of the month.
   Staff on duty to ensure good behaviour,and a House Master would bang a spoon on a table,and in one sentence bellow"Quiet, thank you for the food we are about to receive ,get on with it".Two sittings for lunch and at first the West Refectory for boys and the East for girls. When they went unisex it was best to get in a  table  with girls as they didn't generally eat as much and this left more for us growing pubert lads.

EllCee

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2007, 09:12:45 PM »
" £1 for a ticket for twenty lunches payable at the a start of the month."

I liked only the lunch on a Friday  .. fish and chips  . so at the start of the year I bought 20 tickets, which lasted for 5 months at 4 per month. 

But, I then got £1.00 each month for fags!

"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

giannineo

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 09:24:15 PM »
Haaaa Les, I got the £1 for the ticket each month and sneaked out enough grub for the lunch each day or even mooched sandwiches from the packed lunch crew at school.
     £1 went a long way then to keeping me in fegs.Had to find new secret smoking places all the time as prefects were always on the trail of smokers. Best place was the Ashby Institue at Queens for a lunchtime smoke.
    CHIPS AT INST.??????? HOW COMMON ;D

EllCee

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 09:30:50 PM »
Haaaa Les, I got the £1 for the ticket each month and sneaked out enough grub for the lunch each day or even mooched sandwiches from the packed lunch crew at school.
     £1 went a long way then to keeping me in fegs.Had to find new secret smoking places all the time as prefects were always on the trail of smokers. Best place was the Ashby Institue at Queens for a lunchtime smoke.
    CHIPS AT INST.??????? HOW COMMON ;D

No, they were French Fried potatoes.  I wasn't sure if you would understand.

BTW, gypos, sorry, travellers encamped beside the D'ee bus station and marina this evening.

"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

giannineo

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 09:50:15 PM »
Set Bloom on the 'travellers '...he hates everybody ;D
     Pommes frites are still COMMON Les ;D

EllCee

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 10:02:05 PM »
G, you are clearly not trés au fait avec haute cuisine en les ecoles de Norn Irn.

Pommes frites sont de riguer a la dejuner.

Now, don't push it, because that was a struggle!   ;)

BTW, Cops have been to the encampment.

giannineo

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2007, 10:20:38 PM »
"POMMES FRITIES SONT DE RIGEUR A LA DEJEUNER" "MAIS NON, SEULEMENT DANS L'ECOLES INFERIEUR N'EST CE PAS?"
      As for gippers, now ,they do hack me off. .   yes,let them lead their Bohemian lifestyle but only when they pay their way in Nat.Ins. ,Income Tax etc. like the rest of us.I have nothing against them if they camp without making a ness, clear up after them and do not cause trouble.
               Tear up a few cheap loaves Les and throw them over their caravans....the shi*ehawks will then poo on them when they dive for the bread.