Author Topic: Hunter Street, Sandy Row  (Read 6961 times)

Jeanne Boleyn

Hunter Street, Sandy Row
« on: December 27, 2011, 03:03:08 PM »
I visited Sandy Row many years ago but cannot remember where Hunter Street was located? :( Would anybody here know? Thank you :)

carbolicsoap

Re: Hunter Street, Sandy Row
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 12:15:58 AM »
Hunter street ran between Matilda Street and Oswald Street,

Jeanne Boleyn

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 09:22:10 AM »
Has the street been demolished?

tboy

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 07:13:36 PM »
I knew a Hunter  from Sandy row , did they name a street after him? he was a glazier who kept falling off ladders and scaffolds :)

john kennedy

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 05:58:28 PM »
i lived in hunter street no 27 up to 1960 when ijoind the army my sister was isobel kennedy latter to become mc candles i went back a few years ago and hunter street as i knew itwas gone it was sad as iplayed many games around the street

Jeanne Boleyn

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 04:51:17 PM »
 :( That is so sad. To just wipe out a street and memories with it.

bikerman

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 01:22:47 AM »
Hi.. I used to know a girl from Hunter street.   Norma Robinson.  Anyone know where she is now ??

Kathleen2

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 01:48:14 AM »
All the old streets in Sandy Row were knocked down years ago. Some of them were in such a bad state they actually started falling down by themselves ! I also went back in 2005 and except for a few landmarks I couldn't get my bearing at all.
" Tell them for their tomorrow, we gave our today"
A World War 1 soldier.

In memory of my grandfather, James McGimpsey. 9th Royal Scots.

Kathleen2

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 01:49:38 AM »
Hi.. I used to know a girl from Hunter street.   Norma Robinson.  Anyone know where she is now ??

Hi Bikerman. Still no luck finding Norma ? I'm surprised that no one on here would have known her.
" Tell them for their tomorrow, we gave our today"
A World War 1 soldier.

In memory of my grandfather, James McGimpsey. 9th Royal Scots.

boops

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 07:56:05 PM »

I remember Robinson's living in the middle part of Hunter but sorry,I do not recall Norma. .depending on her age group perhaps someone like pennywhistle might remember her ,are you sure it was Hunter st., as there was Robinsons or Robertsons in Matilda st ., as well...hope someone can help!!!

JamesyMurphy

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2013, 09:08:30 PM »
There was a Norma Robinson in Matilda street she had sisters Doreen Mildred Lilly I think and brother billy she lived a few doors down from mcrums shop. Hope this helps.

isabell lee

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2013, 05:58:20 PM »
When I was a student nurse in the city hospital in the early 1960,s I went to a church meeting on Sundays. It was in a hall in hunter street that at one time was a laundry. Anyway I used to call for a blind lady in Hunter street, her name was Mrs Bell. the Sundays I was working and didnt call  she just counted the windowsill along the street till she got there.

salisbury

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 12:01:38 PM »
My name was Christine Kennedy I lived in Hunter Street. My sister Margaret and brother David.

arch

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2015, 01:35:16 PM »
i lived in hunter street no 27 up to 1960 when ijoind the army my sister was isobel kennedy latter to become mc candles i went back a few years ago and hunter street as i knew itwas gone it was sad as iplayed many games around the street
Hi John, my mother was from 22 Hunter street called Eileen Kerr and i have fond memories of growing up there as a kid. There was a shop just across the street owned by Doutsy McCrum and a place round the corner called the Model were you had to go to make a telephone call.

salisbury

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2015, 02:47:28 PM »
Hi My name was Christine Kennedy I was best friend with Edna Kerr - I lived in no 26 Hunter Street. Can you tell me where she is now. x