Author Topic: Hunter Street, Sandy Row  (Read 6960 times)

arch

Re: Hunter Street, Sandy Row
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2015, 03:28:52 PM »
Hi My name was Christine Kennedy I was best friend with Edna Kerr - I lived in no 26 Hunter Street. Can you tell me where she is now. x
Hi Christine, just talked to Edna and she was jumping with joy when i mentioned your name, she ask me to ask you if you remember getting all dolled up in the 60's and going to visit HMS Belfast. She is living in Birmingham. I'm only new and getting to grips with posting on the forum and don't want to give phone numbers or addresses on open forum.

john kennedy

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2015, 09:45:23 PM »
hi christine i have not seen you sence we where kids do you remember me your cousin i dont know if you know that isobel had died how are you and your sister and brother david +

john kennedy

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2015, 09:57:21 PM »
edna kerr i knew her very well she would know me better as johnny kennedy i joind the army in 1960 i lived at 27 hunter st albert whinchester was my cousin he lived in hunter street i also remember your brother jim  iam now 71 and live in bristol

john kennedy

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2015, 10:39:06 PM »
if my cousin or anyone that knew me they can contect me on 01179373786 it would be great to hear from family and friends after all thes years

Lilck

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2019, 03:47:51 PM »
My great granny was Mrs Bell the blind lady on hunter Street.
My mother lived there with her in early 40s and 50s.

Lilck

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2019, 03:50:50 PM »
When I was a student nurse in the city hospital in the early 1960,s I went to a church meeting on Sundays. It was in a hall in hunter street that at one time was a laundry. Anyway I used to call for a blind lady in Hunter street, her name was Mrs Bell. the Sundays I was working and didnt call  she just counted the windowsill along the street till she got there.

Addison

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2019, 10:30:00 AM »
Were you by any chance your surname Philops from Hunter st.
Old age is always 15 years older than I am.

Lilck

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2019, 11:31:07 AM »
Were you by any chance your surname Philops from Hunter st.

My grt granny Jane Bell
Granny Lillian Bell
Mother Betty King, lived with Jane

Stalford

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2021, 02:05:36 PM »
Anyone remember the Stalford family from Hunter St.  George  Francis Maggie Harry

boops

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2021, 04:51:29 PM »
Hi Stalford, A  stelford family lived next door to my  relation  Lizzie Bell ,I think the mother was related to the Lendrum family who also lived at that time in Hunter st.,  I thought their son was named Jim,who always rode a bike at the corners of Hunter and Tierney street, frightening the lives out any kids that got in his way.... but maybe a different family ?