Author Topic: DELANEY"S RESTAURANT LOMBARD STREET  (Read 2045 times)

snowolf

DELANEY"S RESTAURANT LOMBARD STREET
« on: December 29, 2011, 08:56:33 PM »
Allways visited delaneys when in town untill i found out the treatment dished out to a employee ,defo wont be back.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-16285425

Belfast Woman

Re: DELANEY"S RESTAURANT LOMBARD STREET
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 10:04:59 PM »
I worked in it along time ago and it was short lived,left because the way i was treated.Some things will never change.

Astor

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 10:44:47 PM »
Allways visited delaneys when in town untill i found out the treatment dished out to a employee ,defo wont be back.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-16285425

Good for the employee, maybe they'll think twice now before treating anyone so badly :)
Que Sera Sera

kathrynspet

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 09:57:36 AM »
You will not have to worry about it as Delaneys has closed down and has been replaced with a Cafe Nero coffee shop.

CMcG

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 10:49:33 AM »
You will not have to worry about it as Delaneys has closed down and has been replaced with a Cafe Nero coffee shop.

Yes, but has it really closed?  :)

Or gone somewhere else under a different name?
If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

kathrynspet

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 07:50:13 PM »

Yes, but has it really closed?  :)

Or gone somewhere else under a different name?
I think we can say it has closed down for good as it lay empty for about a year before the present owners took over.

britney

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 07:59:41 PM »
It used to be a great place, very popular with queues nearly out into the street. There was a great variety of food and the portions were very generous and prices reasonable.

Then something happened over the last couple of years (maybe it had a change of management) - different (mostly foreign and disinterested) staff, who dealt out miniscule portions at exorbitant prices. The place was empty any time I passed by and it looked grim and dingy.
I must say the Nero's place doesn't seem to be getting much trade either.

Cafe Uno (which is also a shadow of its former self, at least as far as the quality of the cooking is concerned) seems to be taking the bulk of the trade on that street.

Me Ould Segoia

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 02:48:17 AM »
Did the same person not also own the "Piano Bar" I think that it was in or about Bedford St.
Perhaps paying your bills would prevent closure. !!!!!
It is always a great source of amusement to be quoted by a fool, even more so if quoted by a disalusioned "stickie"

chink

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 04:37:46 AM »
Did the same person not also own the "Piano Bar" I think that it was in or about Bedford St.
yes   same  owners

delane

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 06:55:49 PM »
i did ask for the sigh above the door!!..in glass..there answer NO-WAY..no harm in trying.??..yrs...delane..

the older you get the worse you get..

britney

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 12:21:22 AM »

Wasn't it called Larry's Piano Bar? 

Was in it once - dreadful place, we were crammed in like sardines.

gingercat

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 07:47:31 PM »
This was truly the worst restaurant in the whole of Belfast. I once ate there and complained how small the portion was...and the manager threw me out into the street! How's that for customer service? I am truly glad it has gone- and i hope they went bankrupt!

britney

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 01:16:11 AM »
Yes, they got really stingy with their portions in the last couple of years before they closed down.

argyle-jimmy

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 03:34:35 AM »
Delaneys is take over by cafe nero  and as far as i know it is great for customers and staff

Nancyan

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2021, 12:11:33 PM »
I worked in Delaney’s when I was 15, cash in hand £1.50 an hour slave labour apart from his own family staff were treated beyond disgracefully, the seating area was lovely the kitchen was disgusting and it was run by Jeffery Delaney even now I can still remember infestations if people could have seen where the food was prepared before it went out front under the hot plate no one would have ate there. Staff were bullied, underpaid, leered over I’m so glad to see it closed down the owners we’re greedy control freak pervs and could never have evolved with today’s empathetic work ethos