Author Topic: SHANKILL REUNITED  (Read 446380 times)

scotland

Re: SHANKILL REUNITED
« Reply #2400 on: January 01, 2019, 05:39:17 AM »
To all the folk in the Shankill Rd A Happy Healthy and Peaceful New Year from Scotland CHEERS M👑

jjmack

« Reply #2401 on: January 01, 2019, 09:01:20 AM »
Happy New Year to all Shankillites, wherever they may be.  :)
Wear your RED POPPY with PRIDE.  Lest we forget. BUY BRITISH.  Support the forces of LAW and ORDER, PAST and PRESENT. Justice for the BRITISH ARMY.

James James

« Reply #2402 on: January 02, 2019, 07:10:33 AM »
 O0 O0  Fantastic,... the real Belfast.
HI SCOTLAND, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY .  :-*

I SAW THE SHANKILL CHRISTMAS PARADE ON  FB, IT LOOKED LIKE EVERYONE WAS HAVING A GREAT TIME, IT WAS LOVELY TO SEE.  O0 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyBnoJkVS40

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/shankill-road-christmas-tree-switch-15491152

urneygirl

« Reply #2403 on: January 03, 2019, 10:11:38 PM »
THANKS JAMES J, I ENJOYED WATCHING THE PARADE. I KEPT HOPING TO SEE SOMEONE I KNEW, I HAVE SOME FAMILY STILL ON THE SHANKILL. :)

James James

« Reply #2404 on: January 04, 2019, 01:40:41 AM »
In case you haven't already seen this,... "December 15, 2011"

"Urney Street and surrounding streets"

http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=42038.0"

James James

« Reply #2405 on: January 04, 2019, 01:58:10 AM »

seos

« Reply #2406 on: January 31, 2019, 06:31:31 PM »
doffer was the top house not on the corner os tennant st and shankill

HI BIG BILL SORRY MOUNTENVIEW WRONG SORRY ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TOP HOUSE CORNER GEOFFERY ST WERE I LIVED ,,  :)   BOWLING GREEN DANUBE ST  ROUND CORNER FROM ME ,LOL I CAN STILL SMELL THEM , STALE PORTER ,LOL

seos

« Reply #2407 on: January 31, 2019, 06:49:25 PM »
doffer i used to go with a girl from the shankill, just at the start of the troubles,she lived up  around berlin st,but she wouldn't let go up there because she was scared something would happen to me, so we had to meet in mc laughlin's bar in smithfield before going to ramono's or somewhere else,she worked in gallahers her name was Patrica aaahhh!!!for the love of me I can't get her second name,when we used to do work in gallahers all her workmates would slag the life out of me and give pat a hard time,often wonder how she got on in life after we had to call it a day :( :( :(

YES BILL STARTED IN EWARTS AT 14 , UNTIL I WAS 17 THEN ON TO GALLAHERS  ,

seos

« Reply #2408 on: January 31, 2019, 07:01:50 PM »
the knife sharpner was called dicky murray he lived beside us in hamill st
love the photos of post office  my mum sent me there every tuesday to collect family allowence ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
great sketches  of the street games played them all as did everyone ,

never been in a pub in belfast ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,only pub iv been in was in england for about 10 min ,lol   im a home drinker lol  a wee glass wine now and again ,
thanks for photos mantoba

James James

« Reply #2409 on: January 31, 2019, 07:20:19 PM »
"Watering Holes on the Shankill"

"An almost complete list of the bars on the Shankill Road Pubs and Clubs"

http://www.belfastforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,1551.msg24772.html#msg24772

https://www.lennonwylie.co.uk/

harpsix

« Reply #2410 on: February 09, 2019, 07:45:36 PM »
Hi arders I just seen this post and was wondering are you my mummy's brother my mums name was Rose lavery I'm Helen her daughter.

Noel P

« Reply #2411 on: March 14, 2019, 09:33:16 PM »

When I was a wee boy 50 plus years ago, my granny, Sarah Patterson lived on the (now demolished) Matlock street, Weekly she attended a club mostly for middle age to elderly women who gathered in an upstairs function room on the lower Shankill. They drank tea, ate sweets, blethered and sorted out the world's problems (gossiped?). She loved it and they went on group holidays. Maybe you'll recognise old neighbours, grannies, old aunties, etc. I'll post a few photos.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL,hi, id like to hear and see any old stories, and photos of days gone by and the present  from probably [according to me]lol, the greatest road in the world the SHANKILL, people from the greater shankill have left and went to live  all over the world,they left districts like highfield,springmartin,glencairn,ballysillan
woodvale,crumlin rd,oldpark rd etc,also the old districts of brown sq,hammer,banjo,nick etc,im hoping that the [shankillites] would be able to get in touch with long lost friends,neighbours and loved ones through this forum to reunite,i personally was born in springmount st,[hammer] 1955 relatives[smiths,hoys,loves,leckeys
simms,mckennas,morelands,laverys, taylors etc.[wifes]goddens,mahoods fowlers etc.heres hoping to hear and see a lot of stories and photos from a once and still are very proud people.

Noel P

« Reply #2412 on: March 14, 2019, 09:36:04 PM »
When I was a wee boy 50 plus years ago, my granny, Sarah Patterson lived on the (now demolished) Matlock street, Weekly she attended a club mostly for middle age to elderly women who gathered in an upstairs function room on the lower Shankill. They drank tea, ate sweets, blethered and sorted out the world's problems (gossiped?). She loved it and they went on group holidays. Maybe you'll recognise old neighbours, grannies, old aunties, etc. I'll post a few photos.

Noel P

« Reply #2413 on: March 14, 2019, 09:40:47 PM »

James James

« Reply #2414 on: March 14, 2019, 10:06:28 PM »
It must be a tinypic thing,... that's the picture uploading site that those pictures are posted on,... but if the pictures are left clicked on, they will enlarge,... then left click on the picture again to reduce it.