Author Topic: SHANKILL REUNITED  (Read 481856 times)

Billy Mcc

Re: SHANKILL REUNITED
« Reply #2430 on: December 26, 2019, 08:11:12 PM »
Would like to contact old school friend Bill Donald, known as Duck. Any help appreciated.

Billy Mcc

« Reply #2431 on: December 26, 2019, 08:15:53 PM »
Rab Andrews was lead tip in the Hillview FB for many years. I believe he may have passed on, not entirely sure about that ?
Not sure who the leading tip is in the Whiterock FB at the moment, but for some years it was a guy called Alex Orr.
Try the Whiterock Flute band's Facebook page, it may help.  :)
The Adam & Eve house was it next to the graveyard , I used to live in Crimea Street.

Billy Mcc

« Reply #2432 on: December 26, 2019, 08:20:00 PM »
anyone rember the adam and eve house at the woodvale
I lived in Crimea Street and used to pass it regularly, the statues were grey and the house was near the the graveyard.

Billy Mcc

« Reply #2433 on: December 26, 2019, 08:23:28 PM »
Happy New Year to all Shankillites, wherever they may be.  :)
Used to live in Crimea Street now residing between Chester and Liverpool. Happy NewYear

Billy Mcc

« Reply #2434 on: December 28, 2019, 11:23:11 AM »
for anyone on facebook there is a great wee site called Shankill genealogy
https://www.facebook.com/groups/562299563801414/

and for any old ballygo boys
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1148886155141871/
I went to Ballygo 1964-68, I lived in Crimea St. anyone know the whereabouts of Bill Donald known as Duck or Harry Maxwell known as Maxie any help with their address,phone number or any media contact appreciated. Thank yot and best wishes for the New Year.

Billy Fish

« Reply #2435 on: December 28, 2019, 11:32:08 AM »
The Adam & Eve house was it next to the graveyard , I used to live in Crimea Street.

There were two large houses between the Graveyard and the Pub. Both were owned by the Robinson family.  :)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

scotland

« Reply #2436 on: December 31, 2019, 07:48:09 AM »
To all you folk from the Shankill Rd Best Wishes for 2020 Have a Peaceful and Happy New Year CHEERS M😂😂

Billy Mcc

« Reply #2437 on: January 14, 2020, 11:52:42 AM »
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL,hi, id like to hear and see any old stories, and photos of days gone by and the present  from probably [according to me]lol, the greatest road in the world the SHANKILL, people from the greater shankill have left and went to live  all over the world,they left districts like highfield,springmartin,glencairn,ballysillan
woodvale,crumlin rd,oldpark rd etc,also the old districts of brown sq,hammer,banjo,nick etc,im hoping that the [shankillites] would be able to get in touch with long lost friends,neighbours and loved ones through this forum to reunite,i personally was born in springmount st,[hammer] 1955 relatives[smiths,hoys,loves,leckeys
simms,mckennas,morelands,laverys, taylors etc.[wifes]goddens,mahoods fowlers etc.heres hoping to hear and see a lot of stories and photos from a once and still are very proud people.
Trying to find an old friend, his name is Bill Donald known to his mates as "Duck" we went to Ballygo from 1964-68. I'm from Crimea St. and he lived in Jersey St. at the top of Snugville St. and another old mate was John Hall from Snugville St. we were in the Same class from 2nd year (2G2-3G2 & 4G2)

seosamh

« Reply #2438 on: January 15, 2020, 10:07:44 PM »
any girls from shankill on here that worked in gallaghers late 60s into early 70s,

bert53

Billy Mcc
« Reply #2440 on: May 03, 2020, 07:39:17 AM »
billy bill Donald lives in Australia he is on facebook harry lives eastbelfast his brother billy and myself are married to 2sisters

alex.ferguson

« Reply #2441 on: June 21, 2020, 12:10:00 PM »
Hi Big Bill, wee Al here, I just stumbled across your post on the Shankill forum and told my mum about it she knows all the names you mentioned, She was a Laverty her self ,daughter of rob & eva Laverty, originally from mc Tier st lower Shankill then Paris st, just off Berlin st. She mentioned jack & josey Moreland,John & Mary Hoy, her own parents Rob & Eva Laverty,Lizzie & Ned Taylor, Maggie & Hugh allow, Samuel & Kathleen Margaret Smith, Peggy & Walter Simms / hoy, Mary & John hoy, Sarah Leckey, Myrtle hoy & Bill love from Scotland. She says it was a mountain of a family connection and it would prob take a week to write them all down, hope this helps big bill . I know you started this post years ago but hope you like this reply.