Author Topic: slate street school  (Read 29755 times)

bernie mc

slate street school
« on: January 11, 2012, 04:09:09 PM »
 :P looking for anything on slate street school my mum went there in the 40s her name was patricia (patsy) murdock now mallon she lived in grosvnor place of the falls road

Brian OKane

Re: slate street school
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »
berni mc.
St. Joseph's Slate St. No.1 faced into Slate St. Old school was two story .Girls on top floor boys on ground floor.I went there from 1950 till 1954.Mr. Murdoch .was principle of boys school.There were still air raid shelters in the yard so no place for kids to play.the boys from the surrending areas stored their Bonfire fuel in a couple of the shelters during  the holidays.Culprits delt with by Murdoch.Regards, Brian OKane.

Farnsbarn

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 12:26:38 AM »
berni mc.
St. Joseph's Slate St. No.1 faced into Slate St. Old school was two story .Girls on top floor boys on ground floor.I went there from 1950 till 1954.Mr. Murdoch .was principle of boys school.There were still air raid shelters in the yard so no place for kids to play.the boys from the surrending areas stored their Bonfire fuel in a couple of the shelters during  the holidays.Culprits delt with by Murdoch.Regards, Brian OKane.
   Did anyone know Pat McVeigh from Slate St.?
              Farnsbarn.

liamp

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 03:11:01 PM »
I went to slate street in the late 60's Mr murdock headmaster. sniffy gordon. mr o'hara, mr mulligan (yes with the violin), geordie burns with his great love of celtic and polo mints, a young teacher I think called  Mr Gurnaghan,
Winnie brown and my mum cleaned the school. Paddy McVeigh was in charge of the gaelic football team even played games up at Ballysillan.

screengoddess

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 06:05:57 PM »
   Did anyone know Pat McVeigh from Slate St.?
              Farnsbarn.
Paddy was the school caretaker and involved with Browns milk round

screengoddess

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 06:07:08 PM »
I went to slate street in the late 60's Mr murdock headmaster. sniffy gordon. mr o'hara, mr mulligan (yes with the violin), geordie burns with his great love of celtic and polo mints, a young teacher I think called  Mr Gurnaghan,
Winnie brown and my mum cleaned the school. Paddy McVeigh was in charge of the gaelic football team even played games up at Ballysillan.
what about Christy Brown and Pat Dorian?

screengoddess

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 06:14:49 PM »
:P looking for anything on slate street school my mum went there in the 40s her name was patricia (patsy) murdock now mallon she lived in grosvnor place of the falls road
I wish I could see old photos of past pupils! I lived Mcdonald st

Bronco

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 12:10:05 PM »
I wish I could see old photos of past pupils! I lived Mcdonald st
My mother-in-law lived in McDonald street and was telling my kids about the playground on the roof. Her name is Marie keenan nee Devlin No 54 Mcdonald street

screengoddess

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 03:55:25 PM »
berni mc.
My grannie lived in McDonald st. Monaghan?

seanw

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2012, 06:31:13 PM »
Screengoddess, are you a daughter of Mickey or Paddy?

spot

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 08:40:24 PM »
what about Christy Brown and Pat Dorian?
Christy Brown Died a couple of months ago  a nice bloke
Spot

screengoddess

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 12:22:01 AM »
Screengoddess, are you a daughter of Mickey or Paddy?
mickey.

screengoddess

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 12:23:39 AM »
Christy Brown Died a couple of months ago  a nice bloke
That is a shame! The whole Brown family were nice people.

Daisie

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2012, 09:50:02 PM »
I went to Slate Street in the 50's. I remember the playground on the roof. School photos where taken up there as well. I was very happy there.

screengoddess

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 12:04:13 PM »
I went to Slate Street in the 50's. I remember the playground on the roof. School photos where taken up there as well. I was very happy there.
Did you know Annie Monaghan from McDonald st?