Author Topic: mcginty hairdresser in crumlin rd  (Read 1152 times)

molly77

mcginty hairdresser in crumlin rd
« on: January 16, 2012, 01:32:24 PM »
hello all
just joined today but i have been looking for my great grandfather for 8 years.  john mcginty had a barber and hairdressers in crumlin rd but as i am not familiar with your lovely city i dont know where to start looking?  anyone out there who knew him or his wife elizabeth (formerly deeds) i would love a photo or some info.  i found him in an old phone book in 1935 and he was living at 296 crumlin rd.  any help or info would be soooo appreciated thanks - i dont want to continue to look like this!! ??? haha

pajamo46

Re: mcginty hairdresser in crumlin rd
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 12:51:04 AM »
There were a few hairdressers on the crumlin rd, but I think McGintys was the one down the rd fom Holy Cross, and on the same side.

chi

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 03:27:59 AM »
There were a few hairdressers on the crumlin rd, but I think McGintys was the one down the rd fom Holy Cross, and on the same side.

Pajamo was there one down near Leopold St ???

There was a barber shop on the corner
of Butler St and Crumlin Road. The name
McGinty sounds familar. :)

“Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”

Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, or my kindness  for weakness.

pajamo46

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 08:13:54 AM »
Pajamo was there one down near Leopold St ???

There was a barber shop on the corner
of Butler St and Crumlin Road. The name
McGinty sounds familar. :)
Correct, there was one at Butler and Crumlin, directly opposite the steps to Holy Cross, and I am certain there was one close to Leopold St, I can picture a Barbers pole, you know the red and white spiral type.

molly77

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 12:05:03 PM »
oh my goodness this is exciting  :yahoo: - im delighted that i am at least on the right road.  thank you so much for this info to both chi and pajamo46. sending you both a big one of these  :-* . so appreciate it
his war record said hammond in leopold as next of kin so i think u are on to something - oh u r all so clever

Pat McGovern

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 08:24:41 PM »
Molly77
I've just read your posting about McGinty Hairdresser, Crumlin Rd. Sorry some years later.

BUT:
I have a Memory Card for Elizabeth McGinty, 386 Crumlin Rd., who died on 22nd January 1968 aged 70 yrs.  It also has a photo on it.
My Mother was friendly with Mrs. McGinty.

I hope you read this some time and I can let you see the photo.

Pat McGovern

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 08:34:13 PM »

[size=0px]Molly77[/size][size=0px][size=0px]I've just read your posting about McGinty Hairdresser, Crumlin Rd. Sorry some years later.[/size][size=0px][size=0px][size=0px][size=0px]BUT:[/size][size=0px][size=0px]I have a Memory Card for Elizabeth McGinty, 386 Crumlin Rd., who died on 22nd January 1968 aged 70 yrs.  It also has a photo on it.[/size][size=0px][size=0px]My Mother was friendly with Mrs. McGinty.[/size][size=0px][size=0px][size=0px][size=0px]I hope you read this some time and I can let you see the photo.[/size][size=0px]

jwilding5559

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 05:39:37 PM »
Hi Molly77, I am John McGinty's grandson, my mum was Elizabeth. I remember staying at Grandad's barbershop in Crumlin Rd and latterly sharing a room with him when he stayed with us in the UK. I would love to touchbase with you and share information. 

jwilding5559

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2020, 09:42:17 AM »
Hi Molly77, apologies but for some reason i can't reply to your personal message. Do you want to friend me on Facebook and we can continue via messenger? Regards John Wilding