Author Topic: donegall road  (Read 18090 times)

lizzie

Re: donegall road
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2012, 06:15:54 PM »
Patsy have sent you a pm re coolfin st. hope you get it ok. lizzie

shauneen

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2012, 12:48:12 AM »
thanks lizzie hope i get it too so nice to keep in touch with people from home

lizzie

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2012, 10:15:20 PM »
Patsy check your setting, make sure you can get a pm.
Was Freda Lowry's mum called Maud and her dad James he was a baker.
Freda had a relative called Martha Bell who lived 21 coolfin street Martha lived till she was 92 she died in 1966.
Martha was Maud Lowry's aunt. Martha's husband was my gt grandfathers brother.

Livey

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2012, 02:52:50 AM »
Re. Coolfin street, did anyone know the Hyndman's they lived in #23, Mamie, Dorrie, Phylis, Meta, Sally, Hazel and Robert.
There was also the Moodys, Sam and Minnie. Also the Sadie Hill from #17.
Livey.

Livey

DJ

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2012, 01:34:33 PM »
I remember Phyllis Adams and Beth somebody or other who lived in Coolfin Street

shauneen

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2012, 05:11:27 PM »
i remember the hyndmans they lived a few doors down from us we lived in 29 coolfin street did you know the thompsons  or ronnie mclean and the shop at the top of the street bobby spooners

DJ

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2012, 01:27:29 PM »
Hi shauneen, no I'm afraid I didn't know any of those folk, I remembered Beth's surname which was Marshall. I also knew Walter Crawford and Dennis and David Bowen.

lizzie

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2012, 04:37:22 PM »
Patsy. did you get my pm/ look 5 or 6 posts up.

shauneen

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2012, 05:59:56 PM »
thanks lizzie did you know marlene watson were do you live now

lizzie

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2012, 06:29:24 PM »
Patsy, I was born in Scotland, found all the information very slowly took me years to fine my irish side of the family.
Still looking, hoping to find someone who knew Martha Bell from Coolfin St. Looking for info on her only child Eliza or Elizabeth Bell, who i think married about 1920.
Patsy are you still looking for info on your parents burials, I have the info if you still need it.

shauneen

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2012, 09:32:10 PM »
yes lizzie i would love any info you can give me sorry i didnt know your realtives but i was boen in 1942 so i think they were before me

BrizzyGirl

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2013, 11:12:14 AM »
Livey- My mother was one of the Hyndman family - Hazel - I spent a lot of time staying at my granny's when I was young as my mother had some casual work at Murrays where she worked before she was married. I remember some of the other people in the street too, there was a neighbour called Aggie and I remember the wee shop (just in a house across from my granny's)they sold sweets etc. I remember Spooners shop at the top of the street.I also remember the shop a few streets down where the man had lost part of his arm - I was convinced as a child that he'd cut it off with the meat slicer!!I remember the dress shop at the corner (Isabelles??) where my mum had an account and she used to buy our underwear etc. There was also a really nice bakery at the Donegall Rd end of the street - cream horns I recall! Phyllis Adams is my cousin she is Dorrie's daughter. Also the Moodys and Sally Hill are related in some way by marriage to my mother's family (complicated!). I think I knew Beth-did she have a sister called Naomi? I think my mum knows you Patsy - I'll mention you next time I'm talking to her. I've been in Australia since 1974, but I've been back quite a few times and seen lots of changes.

Livey

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2013, 01:22:15 PM »
Hi there Brizzygirl, welcome to the forum. I am married to Sally Hills sister she remembers pushing you around in your pram probably to the wee park ( ha  ha ) so we know who you are.  I knew all your aunties a great family, Mamie god bless her was my brothers mother - in - law, I am sure you remember Ruth, how could one forget her.
Good to hear from you.
Livey
Livey

shauneen

« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2013, 10:34:21 PM »
please keep i touch where do you live now hope to hear from you soon

burnaby

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2013, 04:43:10 AM »
Hi, my name is sheril kitson I lived in donegall gardens, left early 70s. Have passed the area a few times but Half of it has gone now.