Author Topic: Sammy Lewis, old Shankill Rd Boxer  (Read 662 times)

Bread Basket

Sammy Lewis, old Shankill Rd Boxer
« on: January 27, 2012, 12:14:17 AM »
Anyone who knows of a family called Lewis for the Shankill.  .the mans name was Sammy Lewis, a boxer from WW1 era and ended up as a Coroporation Bus Inspector. I've a great photo of him and his wife and would love to pass it on to his living relatives. If you know of him then please feel free to send me a pm.
Thank you.

Wasup

Re: Sammy Lewis, old Shankill Rd Boxer
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 02:19:32 PM »

Meant to ask earlier but how do you know the history of Sammy?

Bread Basket

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 06:48:24 PM »

Meant to ask earlier but how do you know the history of Sammy?
Check your e-mail....I sent you a mail and his photo the other night

Nannynono

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 08:37:08 AM »
Hi.My name is Pauline.I am the eldest daughter of Sammy Lewis.The photo you have could be of my grandfather.I honestly donít know.

Bread Basket

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 06:42:30 PM »
Hi.My name is Pauline.I am the eldest daughter of Sammy Lewis.The photo you have could be of my grandfather.I honestly donít know.
Hi Nannynono, please send me a pm

Wasup

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 12:03:19 AM »
no nannynono. Sammy was my uncle, Bread basket was kind enough to send me the photo that was taken outside their house in Penrith Street. In later years he would visit us in Donaldson Crescent and I would walk him down to the bus stop on the Ballygomartin Rd,  that would be around 1958 to 1960 I guess.don t think he lived in Penrith Street then. Wasn't aware he had a son called Sammy though. Good luck, I hope it is your grandad.