Author Topic: Is this Wolff Street?  (Read 12743 times)

vision tech

Re: Is this Wolff Street?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 09:14:50 PM »
Vision tech. Austin St.       Was a Co-op milk boy there.

Thanks for that ms, I kept saying to the wife its a womans name and i was nearly right, woman,car, she  :D

Julius van Nostrom

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 09:20:52 PM »
Sorry the chip shop at seaforde st corner was the favourite as can be seen by photo. the two ladies on left of photo were a mrs lavery and mrs hunsdale. The butchers shop at the corner was sydney johnstones

Yes, I remember my Auntie Minnie talking about Mrs Hunsdale - Martha perhaps - the only other name I remember from that street was Mrs Titterington who lived on the left hand side of the street going down it from the Newtownards Road.

She ran some sort of club although I can't be more precise - I seem to recall something about the 'Co-quarter'.

fred g

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 09:48:26 PM »
it was Maggie and the club was Bourkes another lady Mrs Kelly two doors down from Mrs Titterington also done the bourkes clubs  remember the McMichaels about three doors down  on right hand side from N/ards road.was there also a Lily McMichael

Julius van Nostrom

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2012, 10:26:54 PM »
it was Maggie and the club was Bourkes another lady Mrs Kelly two doors down from Mrs Titterington also done the bourkes clubs  remember the McMichaels about three doors down  on right hand side from N/ards road.was there also a Lily McMichael

I remember Lily McMichael Fred O0 

Foundry

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2012, 02:38:27 PM »
definately wolff st.the lodge is st martins the two men in front were billy littlewood and tommy cooper. I was born and reared in wolff st.went savaltion army sunday school at the bottom on foundry st also went to beechfield school.The chip shop in the photo was the star but prefered the don  at corner of austin st. have a photo of  the 1953 coronation st  party

any chance of posting the picture fred fair chance my mother agnes moore\and other family members are in it
Them that made no mistakes,never made anything!

temp

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2012, 04:05:07 PM »
the shop on the corner of seaford st used to be a cobblers shop
seaweed

temp

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2012, 04:41:17 PM »
shop on the corner was a cobblers(SHOE REPAIRERS).
seaweed

temp

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2012, 04:44:53 PM »
shop at corner was a shoe repairers
seaweed

Foundry

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2012, 04:49:54 PM »
I was born in Foundry Street next door to the Salvation Army.  Our family name was Moore I remember the Laverys and the Hunsdales. My friend was Lilian Lyttle and my cousins were the Glovers Billy, Richard Marie and Jean from Wolff Street I remember you too fred g your Aunt lived in Thistle Street If I am right.  The Breens lived near you and the McCartneys up the street.  Ella is in Canada and is in contact with my sister Jean.  I see here often when I am over there and when she comes home and stays with Betty off the Wodstock.  We spend many a night in the Pop with the Lyttles.  The street Between Seaford St and Bryson St was Austin Street.
Them that made no mistakes,never made anything!

fred g

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2012, 06:08:11 PM »
Hi foundry I can't remember your first name (old age) remember Glovers Billy,Richard,& Marie but can't remember Jeannie The mother was called that apparently Richard lives in Toronto, I see Bobby Hunsdale as he lives close by ,your sister jean does she live in Portavogie unfortunately I can't use photo bucket to up load a couple of photos.Yes I had cousins in Thistle st.The Lavery's I have seen in along time. Funny just heard today that Alfie Watson from Gertrude st is dead apparently he was living in Blackpool
Fred

temp

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2012, 12:08:32 AM »
i went to the mission in foundry st. always rember the pastor mr. mcurrie hellfire or what. his daughter was my sunday school teacher. :)
seaweed

[email protected]

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 12:55:30 AM »
 ::) I found the 'chat' re; Wolff St.  interesting.  I lived in Baltic St.East.  off Memel St.  [early 40s--early50s] and walked along the Newtownards Rd. many a time.   Going to Templemore Ave.School and later pushing  a handcart delivering groceries to one customer in Tower St.   I remember the butcher's shop mentioned earlier.  Next door to the butchers there was wee grocer's owned  by a Mrs Martin she lived in Memel St. and also had a shop there. Her son George used to work there occasionally. We were good friends but I lost contact when I went to live in England.  Further along there was a pawnshop. I also remember the 'New Princess' and the 'Pop'.
'jaybee'

sonofshanks

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2012, 04:25:31 PM »
I wanted to build a fortress, a bastion of invincibility.

sonofshanks

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2012, 04:45:34 PM »
I wanted to build a fortress, a bastion of invincibility.

fred g

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2012, 08:20:21 PM »
Seen the photo in BT  last night are you the the shanks in the photo if so so Jim & betty would be you dad & mum I lived in the house next door down from the man in the picture on right that is possibly dick round