Author Topic: Christ Church Derryaghy  (Read 8018 times)

doe

Christ Church Derryaghy
« on: February 08, 2012, 02:52:39 PM »
There is a book that is out of print that I desperately need some information from.It is called "Christ Church, Derriaghy gravestones. Inscriptions updated version."It is by W.C. Barr. I don't understand why this important book hasn't been reprinted.  I have several family members  at Christ Church cemetary and wish that someone would share the book online with me. Thanks, doe

FatherJack

Re: Christ Church Derryaghy
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 09:56:59 PM »
Hi doe, According to Amazon, the updated version of Christ Church Derriaghy Gravestones is "Temporarily Out Of Stock" NOT "Out of Print"
 I placed an order for this book a few days ago and will be happy to do Look-up's for you when the book eventually arrives. I will keep you posted with information from Amazon as and when I get it.

FJ   (a.k.a. Dave)
Father Jack Hackett    (Drink .. Girls .. [censored] .. Knickers .. Fe**)
Parochial House
Craggy Island
Ireland

doe

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 04:40:16 PM »
Hi doe, According to Amazon, the updated version of Christ Church Derriaghy Gravestones is "Temporarily Out Of Stock" NOT "Out of Print"
 I placed an order for this book a few days ago and will be happy to do Look-up's for you when the book eventually arrives. I will keep you posted with information from Amazon as and when I get it.

FJ   (a.k.a. Dave)

[/quote
Hi Dave , I am glad to hear this. I had my name on amazon for this booklet for so long that they suggested that I finally remove it. I am going to re-order then.They must have found out something since I was reg. for it. I wonder how long these things take. Thank you very much, if you do hear still let me know. doe

FatherJack

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 06:35:58 PM »
Hi doe,
I suppose only time will tell !!  The more people who have it on order the better.

My grandparents and other members of the Connelly family are buried in Christ Church.

Dave
Father Jack Hackett    (Drink .. Girls .. [censored] .. Knickers .. Fe**)
Parochial House
Craggy Island
Ireland

doe

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 10:17:44 PM »
Yes that does make sense so hope anyone reading this that has family there will sign on to amazon to order it.
I have Alderdice, Boomer, Leckey, Partridge and Taylor there. I notice that there aren't any Bulmers there. Maybe some of them are at the other big cathedral in the area, can't think of the name of it. don't forget to tell me if you hear anything o.k

doe

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »
Fr. Jack,
 I have looked up in the book and there isn't a Connelly present in the listings.They could be there all the same, just no marker. Is there anyone else that I can look up for you?

Rosemary Joan

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 05:43:10 PM »
I would love to know if you can find any Truesdales.  Some of mine married in the cathedral.
RosemaryJoan
As ye sow, so shall ye reap

doe

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 02:00:35 AM »
Hi Rosemary J. No I am sorry to tell you that there isn't any Truesdales listed. Did they move to another area?  doe

Rosemary Joan

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2012, 02:43:42 PM »
Doe,  I know that some of them were still living in Lisburn in 1911, but I know that one of them, Isabella Truesdale is buried in the Old Protestant Cemetary there.  This information was sent to me by someone in Lisburn Historical Society.
Anyway,  many thanks for looking.
RosemaryJoan
As ye sow, so shall ye reap

rolohosick

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2012, 09:14:10 PM »
HI DOE my faimly history are around derriaghy around 1709 before moveing to belfast  and rosemary st    church in 1742 but on my records there is a mill st in derriaghy in 1912 with house no of 15 some thing so it must have been a long st ,but i cant find out where this st would have been in derriaghy 

doe

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 12:26:07 PM »
Doe,  I know that some of them were still living in Lisburn in 1911, but I know that one of them, Isabella Truesdale is buried in the Old Protestant Cemetary there.  This information was sent to me by someone in Lisburn Historical Society.
Anyway,  many thanks for looking.
RosemaryJoan
Hi Rosemary J
I also have relatives still living there and many that have passed who attended the church but there was only one Partridge was in the book and I don't think he is related. I believe that the names were taken from the headstones and as they were very costly, everyone's name isn't here.
Maybe someday, someone that lives there would take on the full task of researching it, a saleable book lies in wait.

doe

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 12:46:57 PM »
HI DOE my faimly history are around derriaghy around 1709 before moveing to belfast  and rosemary st    church in 1742 but on my records there is a mill st in derriaghy in 1912 with house no of 15 some thing so it must have been a long st ,but i cant find out where this st would have been in derriaghy
Hi rolohosick, I googled map of Derriaghy and it came up for you to explore. I live in Ontario, Canada so don't know which way to go with all of the streets. Maybe some kind soul on here who knows the area will help you, sorry, doe

kassie

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 06:18:58 PM »
Would you be kind enough to look up and see if there are any Maxwell's or Neill's in the book.
Thank you

doe

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 01:13:29 PM »
There are several of your names. In the family burying ground of William Maxwell, Dunmurry.
William John Maxwell  and wife Mary Maxwell.  second wife? Maggie,  William Thomas Maxwell  Ralph and Jane Maxwell.
There is a lso a Mary Armour in the Maxwell burying ground.
Also in the burying ground of a Mr. Watson there is Thomas and Ralph Maxwell (Sgt. 15 Battalion R.I.R Ulster div.)
John Maxwells children's names.
There was one Neill listed but couldn't find it, I will re-read everything, I did find a James Neill Thompson from Glenbrook b 1898 - 1926.
Do you want me to put all of the information on here?

kassie

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 03:13:10 PM »
Thank you so much.
I have sent you a personal message with my email address.
Regards