Author Topic: Collyer Street? Collier Street?  (Read 3213 times)

elizabeth1943

Re: Collyer Street? Collier Street?
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2020, 08:28:42 PM »
CMcG -- Hero Member  where did you get all the information.   you say that you are not related.  what is the interest.

CMcG

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2020, 09:30:14 PM »

Hi, ourjohn asked for any information about Charles and Mary Robinson, the information I posted comes from various online sources.

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

elizabeth1943

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2020, 09:32:03 PM »
ok, thanks.

Our John

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2020, 02:46:03 PM »

Many thanks on the feedback on my Grandparents Charles and Mary Robinson (nee McLean) who lived in Collyer St. They had 6 children  - Minnie, Charles, Robert (Bobby), John and Christina & Daniel who both died as babies.   Mary died of TB in 1917.   Charles then married Elizabeth May Hamilton the following year.   They had 4 children together - Margaret (Betty), Sarah Jayne Maybury, Stephen and Elizabeth (Betty).  In the family grave in Dundonald, I can also see 2 other children, but not sure who they are of how they fit in - Jane Massie McLean (died 1907, aged 8) and Sarah Jayne Robinson (died 1908, aged 2).  They are buried in Dundonald Cemetery (F4, 414)
Can anyone shed any light on the 2 children ?

CMcG

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2020, 05:13:01 PM »

... In the family grave in Dundonald, I can also see 2 other children, but not sure who they are of how they fit in - Jane Massie McLean ...

... Can anyone shed any light on the 2 children ?

Regarding Jane Massie McLean, for the moment I'm guessing that she was Mary McMaster McLean's younger sister...

Birth:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1899/02043/1782390.pdf

Death:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1907/05524/4548404.pdf

The family in 1901 (note the various birthplaces, if you are not already aware of this):
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Duncairn_Ward__Belfast/Glasgow_Street/932568/

A marriage of a John McLean and Sarah J Williamson was registered in Govan and Govan Church Registration District in 1878. The Scottish Government operates a 'scotlandspeople' website where these records are viewable for a fee. On the same website I can also see the birth of a Mary McMaster McLean registered in 1882 in Govan Registration District - just a possibility.

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

CMcG

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2020, 05:40:08 PM »

... and Sarah Jayne Robinson (died 1908, aged 2).  They are buried in Dundonald Cemetery (F4, 414)

Pretty clear from this...

Sarah Jane's birth registration:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1905/01776/1698222.pdf

And death registration:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1908/05507/4543171.pdf

Our John

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2020, 06:23:59 PM »

Many thanks

I did look on the irish genealogy website    but I didn't see this (user error, I'm afraid)

CMcG

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2020, 06:29:54 PM »

Many thanks

I did look on the irish genealogy website    but I didn't see this (user error, I'm afraid)

No problem.  :)

Our John

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2020, 05:24:49 PM »
CMcG.   Thank you for all your help.   As you can see from my questions I am a novice at all this.   Without your support I would hardly be out of the blocks, but now feel that I am making steady progress

CMcG

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2020, 05:33:22 PM »

CMcG.   Thank you for all your help.   As you can see from my questions I am a novice at all this.   Without your support I would hardly be out of the blocks, but now feel that I am making steady progress

You're welcome, if there's anything else... just post. The bottom line is that if I don't have an answer, someone else reading may well have an answer...  :) 

Our John

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2020, 11:35:18 AM »

Hi CMcG

I am still looking at the Robinson family tree, albeit at a snails pace.

When Charles Robinson's first wife died, he remarried Elizabeth May Hamilton (25 May 2018).  I think they went on to have 4 children together during the 1920s.    Elizabeth was born on 02 Jan 1894 and passed away on 15 Feb 1973.   Elizabeth's parents were William John & Mary Hamilton (born Kelly).  I am trying to find out more info on Elizabeth and her parents

Any help appreciated, as always

John