Author Topic: Collyer Street? Collier Street?  (Read 4169 times)

elizabeth1943

Re: Collyer Street? Collier Street?
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2020, 08:28:42 PM »
CMcG -- Hero Member  where did you get all the information.   you say that you are not related.  what is the interest.

CMcG

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2020, 09:30:14 PM »

Hi, ourjohn asked for any information about Charles and Mary Robinson, the information I posted comes from various online sources.

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

elizabeth1943

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2020, 09:32:03 PM »
ok, thanks.

Our John

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2020, 02:46:03 PM »

Many thanks on the feedback on my Grandparents Charles and Mary Robinson (nee McLean) who lived in Collyer St. They had 6 children  - Minnie, Charles, Robert (Bobby), John and Christina & Daniel who both died as babies.   Mary died of TB in 1917.   Charles then married Elizabeth May Hamilton the following year.   They had 4 children together - Margaret (Betty), Sarah Jayne Maybury, Stephen and Elizabeth (Betty).  In the family grave in Dundonald, I can also see 2 other children, but not sure who they are of how they fit in - Jane Massie McLean (died 1907, aged 8) and Sarah Jayne Robinson (died 1908, aged 2).  They are buried in Dundonald Cemetery (F4, 414)
Can anyone shed any light on the 2 children ?

CMcG

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2020, 05:13:01 PM »

... In the family grave in Dundonald, I can also see 2 other children, but not sure who they are of how they fit in - Jane Massie McLean ...

... Can anyone shed any light on the 2 children ?

Regarding Jane Massie McLean, for the moment I'm guessing that she was Mary McMaster McLean's younger sister...

Birth:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1899/02043/1782390.pdf

Death:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1907/05524/4548404.pdf

The family in 1901 (note the various birthplaces, if you are not already aware of this):
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Duncairn_Ward__Belfast/Glasgow_Street/932568/

A marriage of a John McLean and Sarah J Williamson was registered in Govan and Govan Church Registration District in 1878. The Scottish Government operates a 'scotlandspeople' website where these records are viewable for a fee. On the same website I can also see the birth of a Mary McMaster McLean registered in 1882 in Govan Registration District - just a possibility.

If there are any images posted above that are important to you, take your own copy - I cannot guarantee they will appear indefinitely.

CMcG

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2020, 05:40:08 PM »

... and Sarah Jayne Robinson (died 1908, aged 2).  They are buried in Dundonald Cemetery (F4, 414)

Pretty clear from this...

Sarah Jane's birth registration:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1905/01776/1698222.pdf

And death registration:
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1908/05507/4543171.pdf

Our John

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2020, 06:23:59 PM »

Many thanks

I did look on the irish genealogy website    but I didn't see this (user error, I'm afraid)

CMcG

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2020, 06:29:54 PM »

Many thanks

I did look on the irish genealogy website    but I didn't see this (user error, I'm afraid)

No problem.  :)

Our John

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2020, 05:24:49 PM »
CMcG.   Thank you for all your help.   As you can see from my questions I am a novice at all this.   Without your support I would hardly be out of the blocks, but now feel that I am making steady progress

CMcG

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2020, 05:33:22 PM »

CMcG.   Thank you for all your help.   As you can see from my questions I am a novice at all this.   Without your support I would hardly be out of the blocks, but now feel that I am making steady progress

You're welcome, if there's anything else... just post. The bottom line is that if I don't have an answer, someone else reading may well have an answer...  :) 

Our John

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2020, 11:35:18 AM »

Hi CMcG

I am still looking at the Robinson family tree, albeit at a snails pace.

When Charles Robinson's first wife died, he remarried Elizabeth May Hamilton (25 May 2018).  I think they went on to have 4 children together during the 1920s.    Elizabeth was born on 02 Jan 1894 and passed away on 15 Feb 1973.   Elizabeth's parents were William John & Mary Hamilton (born Kelly).  I am trying to find out more info on Elizabeth and her parents

Any help appreciated, as always

John

Nicolamcg

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2020, 03:29:31 AM »
Hi

Is there any other info you need on minnie?

Bread Basket

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2020, 08:57:03 AM »
Hi John,
Unfortunately CMcG has not poster for 6 months or so and lots of us here miss his expertise.
Here are some death notices for Elizabeth which may give you some leads to the family circle names and addresses etc.

Hope this helps