Author Topic: Savage Family Ballysillan Road/Ligoniel  (Read 819 times)

Michelle McCarron

Savage Family Ballysillan Road/Ligoniel
« on: February 18, 2012, 05:20:39 PM »
Hi

Im wondering could anyone provide me with details on my great-great grandfather. My great-grandfather was David Savage born 1890 from Ballysillan road and his parents were Sarah Watson and Patrick Savage.  I know patrick savage was a flax dresser and the only flax dresser named Patrick Savage in the Irish census was originally from Cork.  I am just trying to find ways to clarify this is this the right person.  I cant find anything in the street directories. David's parents didnt marry and his mother later married to someone else.  The patrick i found in the census was married after david was born so it could mean he also married.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Michelle

maura

Re: Savage Family Ballysillan Road/Ligoniel
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 05:44:37 PM »
David was baptised in Holy Cross R.C.
David Watson born 17/08/1889
Baptised 28/08/1889
Mother Sarah Watson
Witness Catherine Burns
Address EMERSON'S ROW LIGONIEL

His name mispelt
  Residents of a house 32.2 in Shore Street (Duncairn Ward, Belfast, Antrim)  Show all information
SurnameForenameAgeSexRelation to headReligionBirthplaceOccupationLiteracyIrish LanguageMarital StatusSpecified IllnessesCampbellJames40MaleHead of FamilyR CatholicC BelfastLabourer GeneralCannot read-Married-SapageDavid12MaleSonR CatholicLigonielScholarRead only-Not Married-CampbellSarah30FemaleWifeR Catholic

Residents of a house 14 in Glenpark Street (Clifton, Antrim)  Show all information
SurnameForenameAgeSexRelation to headReligionBirthplaceOccupationLiteracyIrish LanguageMarital StatusSpecified IllnessesYears MarriedChildren BornChildren LivingCampbellJames50MaleHead of FamilyRoman CatholicBelfastGeneral LabourerCannot read-Married----CampbellSarah43FemaleWifeRoman CatholicBelfast-Cannot read-Married-18--SavageDavid22MaleStep SonRoman CatholicBelfastGeneral LabourerRead and write-Single----CurryHenry38MaleBoarderRoman Catholic

maura

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 06:07:39 PM »
Patrick Savage married a Ellen McCartney 6th December 1897 Belfast urban 1 R.C.
Patricks father's a Hugh

maura

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 06:31:33 PM »
Sorry wrong marriage
Patrick John Savage married Ellen Robinson 16th May 1899 Belfast R.C. church urban 6
Patrick's father's a john
Children from this marriage
Mary ellen 1899
Catherine Ann 1903

Residents of a house 30.1 in Ton Street (Falls (Belfast), Antrim)  Show all information
SurnameForenameAgeSexRelation to headReligionBirthplaceOccupationLiteracyIrish LanguageMarital StatusSpecified IllnessesYears MarriedChildren BornChildren LivingSavagePatrick J37MaleHead of FamilyRoman CatholicCork CityFlax RougherRead and write-Married----SavageEllen50FemaleWifeRoman CatholicBelfast City-Read and write-Married-1332SavageMary Ellen12FemaleDaughterRoman CatholicBelfast CityScholarRead and write-Single----SavageCatherine A8FemaleDaughterRoman CatholicBelfast CityScholarRead and write-Single

Michelle McCarron

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 03:41:44 PM »
hi maura thanks for your info. I got the details about ellen etc and their marriage certificate.  Only problem im finding is confirming that this is the patrick belonging to me. Think it would have to entail a trip to Cork, but dont know exactly he originated from apart from cork city. 

Michelle

Danielle McMahon

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2019, 08:10:35 PM »
Michelle,

Did you ever get any further information on the savage family? This is also my great great great grandparents and I am just wondering if you have any more information?

Thanks
Danielle

Michelle McCarron

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 08:18:55 PM »
Danielle

I've sent you a PM
Michelle

Danielle McMahon

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 09:02:03 AM »
I sent you an email. Canít pm you on this