Author Topic: anyone know of the quireys agness stree  (Read 3216 times)

sammyquirey

anyone know of the quireys agness stree
« on: February 20, 2012, 03:14:46 AM »
anyone one know the whereabouts of sammy quireys younger brother if still allive he was slow but brilliant on the bible sammy died 1978 after moving from 171 agnes  street belfast to bangor  he was married to may howcroft  also died 1993 aged 89  may was one of seven her sisters florence harriet now harriet dyer still around aged 99 and the rest all dead now please can anyone helf  you called him john quirey he was born in walton street  also still there  may howcoft was born in annadale street and live when married in 46 sherbrook street any info please

edrite

Re: anyone know of the quireys agness stree
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 02:45:53 PM »
will the QUIREY  looking familiy through Forum  contact me           

[email protected]

kathy-9

Sarah Quirey married 1870 to Thomas McMaster
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 07:34:18 PM »
Am researching the Quirey family, have found Sarah (1850ish to 1910 ish) who married Thomas McMaster (1847-1920) in Shankill Church of Ireland, Belfast.  I think this is an uncommon name, so any Quireys out there?  Give me a bell  :)

Wasup

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 02:49:19 PM »

Dont know of any Quireys of Agnes Street but it is an unusual name.  I came across it when researching my family connections and wondered where the connection was? It turned out that an Andrew B Quirey is burried with my G/Father: William Lewis /his wife and my Uncle Robert. Also we have an Annie Quirey aged 3 months and a Samuel Quirey aged 2 months who both died in 1955 and are burried alongside my Uncle Samuel Lewis and his wife Annie. I assume one my uncles daughters had married into the Quirey family and that the two babies were twins who didnt make it.  Whether this has anything to do with Quireys of Agnes Street I dont know but they were all from around the Shankill area. Thought I would just throw it into the ring and see what comes out?

kathy-9

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 03:49:23 PM »
Wasup, I know my Sarah Quirey was married in Shankill in 1870, sounds like there may be a connection.  Let me know what you turn up with the mysterious Quireys.  Kathy  ???

hen190782

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 04:54:46 PM »
Hi

There are two men (Frank and Robert) with the surname QUIREY on the WW1 Roll of Honour for Newington Presbyterian Church - the family were living at 30 in Liffey Street in 1911 and 40 Mackey Street in 1918.  Their mother was called Jane and their step-father (1911 Census) was Joseph

Frank had served with the Royal Irish Rifles and was with 1st (Garrison) Battalion, Royal Irish Fusiliers (S/N G/80) when he died on 20th September 1918, aged 21 - he is commemorated on the Taukkyan Memorial in Burma.

Robert served with Royal Garrison Artillery (S/N 42973) and survived the war.

Nigel

elsiehutchinson

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 03:00:09 PM »
i rem quireys in ewarts row they were walter his wife sarah family madge violet sons bobby he was killed in shipyard an andy that was in the 1940s an 50s i think violet lived in the house right up until they were demolished in 70s

robert redpath

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 12:09:48 PM »
Went to school with Alan Quirey in mid to late sisties. The family lived in Wigton St. Not sure if any help.

sammyquirey

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 11:57:31 PM »
The quirey was killed in the shipyard is my mums cousin

sammyquirey

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2015, 11:58:55 PM »
i rem quireys in ewarts row they were walter his wife sarah family madge violet sons bobby he was killed in shipyard an andy that was in the 1940s an 50s i think violet lived in the house right up until they were demolished in 70s
Yes that is my mums cousin bobby quirey

sammyquirey

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 12:02:37 AM »

Dont know of any Quireys of Agnes Street but it is an unusual name.  I came across it when researching my family connections and wondered where the connection was? It turned out that an Andrew B Quirey is burried with my G/Father: William Lewis /his wife and my Uncle Robert. Also we have an Annie Quirey aged 3 months and a Samuel Quirey aged 2 months who both died in 1955 and are burried alongside my Uncle Samuel Lewis and his wife Annie. I assume one my uncles daughters had married into the Quirey family and that the two babies were twins who didnt make it.  Whether this has anything to do with Quireys of Agnes Street I dont know but they were all from around the Shankill area. Thought I would just throw it into the ring and see what comes out?
Yes they are related to my mum

kathy-9

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 10:27:20 AM »
I know that there were lots of Quireys who loved the sea, always a sailor in every family ...

And great great granddaddy William Quirey was a train driver about 1870 - 1900 ...

Anybody link up with that??

belfastgirl74

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2015, 08:52:40 PM »
Funny, a few years ago I tried to find some relatives of my granny and the only clue I had was someone we used to visit, and I only remembered the last name of Quirey, of course I spelled it wrong (Queery)  My granny's last name was Leighton.  My father lost his life while serving with the Merchant Navy in 1942.  Other names in the family were Benson and Moreland.  I now live in Canada and this was back in the early 50's.  I am pretty sure they lived down around the Shore Road.
 ???

joxer1983

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2017, 03:17:09 PM »
Funny, a few years ago I tried to find some relatives of my granny and the only clue I had was someone we used to visit, and I only remembered the last name of Quirey, of course I spelled it wrong (Queery)  My granny's last name was Leighton.  My father lost his life while serving with the Merchant Navy in 1942.  Other names in the family were Benson and Moreland.  I now live in Canada and this was back in the early 50's.  I am pretty sure they lived down around the Shore Road.
 ???
  My great grandmother was Bella Leighton married to James Quirey who served in the ww1 and ww2, he was in the merchant navy and died in 1952.  So we are related.

DannyQ

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2019, 08:51:48 AM »
My grandfather was James Quirey died in 1952 and my grandmother was Bella died 1980. They lived on the shore road in Arosa parade. Their children were James, Eddie, Tommy, Minnie and Lilly, the only survivor is Eddie.