Author Topic: Crepe Weavers Newtownards  (Read 1448 times)

Paige

Crepe Weavers Newtownards
« on: February 22, 2012, 11:38:37 AM »

I was wondering if there is anyone out there who worked in Crepe weavers. Annie Cherry ( nee Thompson )

maurice652

Re: Crepe Weavers Newtownards
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 04:18:35 PM »
I worked in the Crepe Weavers for 7 years in the sales office and am currently involved with Ards Historical to write a history of the company. If you have any info plaese let me know, where did you work? thank you maurice patton

Billy Fish

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 08:30:16 PM »
Wasn't it owned by Milan Mladek and family ?  :)
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

maurice652

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 08:33:28 PM »
Yes and Millan is still in charge, they are now a property company, and operting out of the old gate lodge buldin.

Billy Fish

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2019, 05:31:25 PM »
Yes and Millan is still in charge, they are now a property company, and operting out of the old gate lodge buldin.

Did they also own spinning and weaving companies in Estonia, or some similar country ?  ???
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

maurice652

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 03:47:12 PM »
Ards Historical is currently compilling a history of the Crepe Weaver, and if you send me your e-mail address I will send you a copy once it is finished,

David Hart

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 01:50:31 PM »
My late father-in-law was Akos Laszlo. He was managing director of Crepe Weavers from 1948 to 1954.

maurice652

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 12:59:35 PM »
Does anyone out there remember Jessie Ferguson who ran the fabric shop, Trying to get in contact with her son  Stewart who lived in Dundonald, I think he used to work for Shorts