Author Topic: Anyone on here from the Moorfield St, Ravenscroft Ave area of East Belfast  (Read 26316 times)

Bloomfieldgirl

Rosaleen.   I remember the Baileys coming to Beechwood St after the Blitz (From the Newtownards rd. if I recall correctly) .  I was very friendly with Jim Bailey for a time, his birthday was 26th April, mine was 27th. April 1931.   I remember his Mother dying (in childbirth) leaving Mr. bailey with 3 Boys.       Jim and I drifted apart after he started work aged 14.      Life was tough for them.   David.
Hi MoorfieldStreet, you don't happen to remember the name of the third Bailey boy, do you?  I was trying to trace a Bailey boy who lived with us temporarily but I gave up in the end as I had very little info to go on.  My brothers and sisters can't remember why he lived with us, but it was common I believe in those days for family's or friends' children to live with others for one reason or another - death of the child's mother for example.  The boy who lived with us was called Alexander or Sandy or Alex.  Thanks. 

Isobel028

Bloomfield girl,
There was a Jim Bailey, and a Norman Bailey.  I think they moved to Bangor .

Bloomfieldgirl

Bloomfield girl,
There was a Jim Bailey, and a Norman Bailey.  I think they moved to Bangor .
So, not the one I'm looking for.  Oh well, it was just a long shot, but thanks for responding.

Moorfield Street

Hi MoorfieldStreet, you don't happen to remember the name of the third Bailey boy, do you?  I was trying to trace a Bailey boy who lived with us temporarily but I gave up in the end as I had very little info to go on.  My brothers and sisters can't remember why he lived with us, but it was common I believe in those days for family's or friends' children to live with others for one reason or another - death of the child's mother for example.  The boy who lived with us was called Alexander or Sandy or Alex.  Thanks.

BG   I think there was 4 Bailey boys. Jim was the eldest and the 2nd boy threw a stone at the little Huey girl from Moorfield St and damaged an eye.    I cannot remember the young Bailey boy's names.   David.

Bloomfieldgirl

BG   I think there was 4 Bailey boys. Jim was the eldest and the 2nd boy threw a stone at the little Huey girl from Moorfield St and damaged an eye.    I cannot remember the young Bailey boy's names.   David.
I think they're probably not the right Baileys, but thanks for this extra info.  I'm seeing my eldest sister next week, I'll ask her if she can remember anything more that would help.  Thanks so much for this. 

derdrei

Holywood Arches 1950.   Earl and Hendy, do you remember this?
lovely memories .