Author Topic: Nettlefield School  (Read 935 times)

Whist

Nettlefield School
« on: March 07, 2012, 09:45:19 AM »
For those who are interested, the school has produced a DVD containing interviews with pupils who attended the school in the 40s and 50s together with a lot of other info re the games and songs children used to play and sing at that time together with photographs.    My sister sent it to me so not sure the cost...think around 3.  Contact the head teacher if you want to purchase.

Redfraggle

Re: Nettlefield School
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 12:13:44 PM »
Hi, I know about this because Im charge of the project and wrote the book.  Im posting a link to this forum because a lot of people are talking about old schoolfriends.  I have a large collection of old school photographs which I will post on this forum to see if the pupils can be named.
Judith

Whist

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 06:58:10 PM »
Well done you  :) , the DVD is well produced and very interesting.

Redfraggle

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 07:07:46 PM »
Thank you Whist.  Im completely interested in the social history of East Belfast and the games played by children.  Children seem to have no real idea how to play in the street anymore and I want to keep the street games alive.

Iris Graham

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 02:22:46 PM »
Hi, I know about this because Im charge of the project and wrote the book.  Im posting a link to this forum because a lot of people are talking about old schoolfriends.  I have a large collection of old school photographs which I will post on this forum to see if the pupils can be named.
Judith

Hi Redfraggle, I went to Nettlefield approx 57/58 - 61/62. Would love some info about the DVD, book and photos. I went on to Euston st and Park Parade but left NI in 72 so I am trying to recall memories and contact school friends.  Hope you get this....