Author Topic: Rodney Foster Musician  (Read 2131 times)

portaferry

Rodney Foster Musician
« on: March 09, 2012, 03:14:26 AM »
Hi:

Does anyone know if Rodney Foster & brother Trevor are still active in the Jazz Circuit.

Portaferry

RabRow

Re: Rodney Foster Musician
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 03:37:56 PM »
Hi:

Does anyone know if Rodney Foster & brother Trevor are still active in the Jazz Circuit.

Portaferry

I posted up on the site about a notice I saw on the Cregagh Rd advertising a Jazz event. I made a point of going over to it to see what the score was. I could hear the music going on inside and asking who was playing was told it was Rodney Foster.

sj

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 07:03:44 AM »

I posted up on the site about a notice I saw on the Cregagh Rd advertising a Jazz event. I made a point of going over to it to see what the score was. I could hear the music going on inside and asking who was playing was told it was Rodney Foster.

It must have been a pensioners night out Rab.  :o
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

RabRow

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 07:50:51 PM »
It must have been a pensioners night out Rab.  :o

Could well have been. Two guys came out to the hallway to get more chairs and I knew one of them and hes definitely a pensioner. When I had a juek in there was quite a few grey heads  at the tables. :)

sj

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 01:23:19 AM »

Could well have been. Two guys came out to the hallway to get more chairs and I knew one of them and hes definitely a pensioner. When I had a juek in there was quite a few grey heads  at the tables. :)

Rodney Foster must be a right age Rab,...that's what I meant

RabRow

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 09:51:57 PM »
Well I would say your'e right SJ, Rodney a pensioner playing for pensioners. :)

sj

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 10:33:24 PM »
 :D :o

smith19

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 12:32:03 PM »
Hi:

Rodney used to play with Leslie Brookes - and even Dave Glover at times -  and a mix of very good jazz musicians every Sat afternoon in Bar 12 which used to be The Regency on corner of Botanic Avenue and Lower Crescent, Belfast. They have moved on but I'm not sure where. You could contact N.I.Musicians Union or better still pay a visit to The John Hewitt Bar in Lower Donegall Street on a Friday night where a Jazz session is held and I am sure some of the "pensioners" there still playing could advise you. Sadly they are all getting old and I wonder and even despair about who will keep this wonderful music alive. Anyway good luck in your search and come back if you need any more help.
Portaferry