Author Topic: ROSARIO PRIMARY SCHOOL SUNNYSIDE STREET Early 1950s  (Read 42615 times)

bjay

Re: ROSARIO PRIMARY SCHOOL SUNNYSIDE STREET Early 1950s
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2014, 06:21:47 PM »
Other Rosario boys of that year at Gustie's were Paddy Duffin, Patsy O'Neill, Sean Watterson, Kevin Hoey, Michael Gilbride RIP , Colin Ford, Sean Moreland, Jim Campbell,
Brian Graham, Jock McGregor, Dessie Armstrong, Danny McCoy, Nigel McGuckin, Colin Bowd, Tom Donnelly and Sean Dempsey.
All approaching the Big 60  :)

Dub

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2014, 09:07:33 AM »

More names for this photo.
Front row left to right. Gilbert Loughran, Bernard Ferguson, Jack Duffy, Danny McShane, Jackie Duffin, Anthony McDaid, Hugh Doughal.
2nd row left to right.  Tony McGuighan, Gerry Sheridan, Bart McCormick, Brendan McKenna, Sean Kielty,  ??  ,David Woods, Terence Gibson, Gerard Mooney.
3rd row left to right.   Barry Cambell, Peter Malone, Kevin McCloskey, Brendan Walls, Raymond McGirr, Liam Byrne, Peter O'Malley.
Back row left to right. Michael Cohen, ? Quinn, James Scullon, Gerard Lemon, Brendan Burns, Michael Craig, Hugh Davidson, Raymond Wall.

Thanks to Bart McCormick for forwarding on the rest of the names.
                                                                                                       All the best, Dub.

If you don't read the papers,you are not informed.
When you do read the papers, you are misinformed.  ( Mark Twain. )

Dub

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2014, 09:25:40 PM »
There must be other class photos out there of Rosario School from the fifties. Lets see them posted.
                                                                                                                                All the best, Dub.

Dub

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2015, 07:19:38 PM »
Paul Feeney here, I left to 58 to Canada , returned in 1960 left in 63
Was in Mick Rafferty class till then, went to England  69 and traveled the Middle East and Africa in newspaper printing equipment. lived in Dubai for 5 years in mid 80
I have old photo of class with Rafferty, can forward on if I know how to ?

If you have email address
Paul Feeney, could you post on the thread the class photo with Raffery.
                                                                                                              All the best, Dub.

BRIDIE MARTIN

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2015, 02:29:32 PM »
[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/2b2mup.jpg[/

Dub

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2015, 09:41:38 PM »

Thanks Bridie.
Can any one put some names on this.
                                                         All the best, Dub.

Dub

« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2015, 04:24:48 PM »
Has anyone more class photos of Rosario School. It would be nice to see them posted so that this subject does not move back too far on this thread.
                                                                                                                                                                                                             All the best, Dub.

Kevin1945

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2015, 02:35:51 PM »
Mr Kennedy's Class ca 1954.  I can see Chris Bottcher (RIP), Brian Arthur, Terry Gibson, Liam Briggs and myself, Kevin Langley

Kevin1945

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2015, 02:37:53 PM »
The Principal, Mr Richard Langley (my father).

Dub

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2015, 05:13:15 PM »
Mr Kennedy's Class ca 1954.  I can see Chris Bottcher (RIP), Brian Arthur, Terry Gibson, Liam Briggs and myself, Kevin Langley

Hi Kevin1947, I can recognize a few faces, Ray McGirr,( RIP) and Sean Kielty (RIP) both from Raby Street, and Denis Burns from Sunnyside Street. Can you put other names to this photograph?
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 All the best, Dub.

bjay

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2015, 11:39:30 PM »
I remember Mr Langley as a substitute teacher in 'The Club', after he had retired as headmaster and was succeeded by Mr Rafferty.
Mr Langley was very popular with his pupils, and was greatly missed when he finally left.

Ilikepictures

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2015, 10:42:12 AM »
I remember going to Rosario school on Sunnyside street I was born in 1953 and lived in Wallmer street ,so probably was there around 1958. After a couple of years we all transfed to another part of the school which was known as the club on Ravenhill Road, about 100 yards from the back gate of Nazereth House Convent. Paul McCrumlish

Dub

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2015, 11:43:50 AM »
Hi Kevin1947, I can recognize a few faces, Ray McGirr,( RIP) and Sean Kielty (RIP) both from Raby Street, and Denis Burns from Sunnyside Street. Can you put other names to this photograph?
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 All the best, Dub.
   A few more faces , Jack Duffin, Pat O'Hare, Alex Fields.
                                                                      All the best, Dub.

MarkBel

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2015, 05:53:57 PM »
hi
newbie here.....any photos from 1963, 64, or 65....when we all moved down the the street to the Holy Rosary!

i had Mr Rafferty for P1. ..straight out of the Beano! .Miss Falls for P2. .P3 is a mystery...

oh yeah. .i originally lived in Walmer St moving to Annadale Crescent.....went upmarket

Dub

« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2015, 06:50:51 PM »
Welcome to the forum MarkBel , there must be more memories and photos out there for posting on this thread.                             
                                                                                                                                                 All the best, Dub.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy