Author Topic: ROSARIO PRIMARY SCHOOL SUNNYSIDE STREET Early 1950s  (Read 42615 times)

Barry Campbell

Re: ROSARIO PRIMARY SCHOOL SUNNYSIDE STREET Early 1950s
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2016, 09:42:27 PM »
Me. Barry Campbell R3 last from left
I think

David Woods R2 2L
Gerry Lemon R2 3L
Peter O'Malley R2 5L
Gerry MooneyR2 ^l

Dub

« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2016, 11:14:15 PM »
The photo was taken for either first holy communion or confirmation and my guess is it was either 1953 or 1955. Some more possible names:
2nd row 7th from left - David Woods (Knockbreda Road)
2nd row 9th from left - Gerry Mooney
2nd row 4th from left - Brendan McKenna

Correction to earlier post: Hugh Dougal (Galwally Park)

That's the best I can do.

PS Who is Dub?

Hi Barry, I have lived in Dublin for almost 40 years now. I never went to Rosario, but I lived in Haywood Avenue and went to Bearnageea on the Antrim Road with a lot of the Rosario lads. My sister in law also went there. I also knew some of the girls who went there.
                                                                    All the best,Dub.
All the best, Dub.
If you don't read the papers,you are not informed.
When you do read the papers, you are misinformed.  ( Mark Twain. )

bjay

« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2016, 08:42:19 PM »
50 years ago this month Rosario primary school closed for business.         In Sept. 1966 the new school,Holy Rosary opened in Sunnyside Crescent.

Dub

« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2016, 11:38:27 PM »
bjay, Where have the years gone?  50 years ago this month, I came down to Dublin as captain of a winning Irish team, ( but it wasn't football ).
                                                                                                                                                                                                   All the best, Dub.

mwright

« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2016, 01:58:14 AM »
Any Rosario girls out there?  Denis and Terry Sheils were first cousins of Kit, Charlotte, Harry, Pat, Gerald, and Maureen of Sunnyside St.  Maureen still going strong, et al RIP.  Her girlhood friends include Mary Teresa Cartan (empty cartan) and Margaret McCusker.  Would love to brighten her day with info on her old friends.  Believe one of them moved over by Shaw's Road area, not sure which.
(RC) Sheils Maxwell Magee - Antrim Belfast and Down Belfast, ?Aghagallon; Lundy McManus Murray - Saintfield, Ballynahinch, and Down Belfast

Dub

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2017, 12:36:38 PM »
Was there any visits from a photographer to take yearly class photographs in Rosario?
I think this was a regular event in most schools.

Jean downey

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2017, 04:52:09 PM »
Hi I went to rosario school in 50s I was in same class as anne shields knew all teachers  my maiden name is Jean pike   New Teresa mc guigenx

Dub

« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2017, 06:01:13 PM »
I am surprised that this thread has moved back so far. Are there any class photos or contributors out there??
Just hoping to keep it alive.
                                        All the best, Dub.

Kevin1945

« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2018, 11:33:25 AM »

Hi Dub, I have a photo of Mr Kennedy's class from about 1954.  But I can't figure out how to upload photos!  Can you please advise.

Kevin

Dub

« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2018, 04:25:32 PM »
Hi Dub, I have a photo of Mr Kennedy's class from about 1954.  But I can't figure out how to upload photos!  Can you please adv
            Hi Kevin1945, is that not the picture of Mr Kenned's class you posted on page 3 of this thread ?
                                                                                                                             All the best, Dub.

Matthewd29

« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2019, 06:48:48 PM »
Hi, my granda is Jack Duffy and asked me to message you on this to find out your name. Thanks!

Dub

« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2019, 07:50:52 PM »
Mathew29 , tell Jackie we were in the same class in  Bearnageea  together,  he was a great friend of my late brother John and I spoke to him and you grandmother at my sister Ann's funeral in April.  He will know me from that. You are lucky to have a grandfather as good as Jackie.
                                                                                                                     All the best, Dub.

Matthewd29

« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2019, 09:43:27 PM »
He does indeed and sends his best wishes hope u are well

sj

« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2019, 04:13:43 AM »
Welcome to the forum MarkBel , there must be more memories and photos out there for posting on this thread.                             
                                                                                                                                                 All the best, Dub.
Hello Alex.
Sorry to hear about your sister.  In one of the earlier photos there was a photo of a class ( they have all gone ) in which I knew quite a few people.  One of them was Pat O'Hara.  Do you ever hear of him these days. :)
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

Dub

« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2019, 02:33:23 PM »
Hello SJ, I spoke with my brother this morning and he told me that Pat retired from the police and is now living near Cultra in Co. Down. He met him just over a year ago and he was in good health. He sees Pat,s younger brother every now and then as he lives at the very top end of the Ormeau Road.
                                                                                                                                                                      All the best, Dub.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy