Author Topic: ROSARIO PRIMARY SCHOOL SUNNYSIDE STREET Early 1950s  (Read 42615 times)

liamo1

ROSARIO PRIMARY SCHOOL SUNNYSIDE STREET Early 1950s
« on: March 12, 2012, 11:58:39 AM »
Hi All...My first Post. Anybody remember or go to Rosarion Primary School on Sunnyside Street from..Oh 1950 to about 1956. ? I remember a Mr Langley was the Headmaster and he had a son Kevin in my class/s. There was a Miss McCollum and a Mr Kennedy. Attached is a photo of my class taken in the scholl playground around 1953. Anybody able to put any names to the faces.?
I lived on Vernon Street at the end of the Ormeau Road...down at the Botanic Avenue end between Virginia Street and Auburn Street. There was a Campbells Shop on one corner of  Auburn Street and Harkness Shop on the other.
I would love to see any photos of Rosario or the Pupils from around the early 1950s and any photos of Vernon Street area around the same time. My name id Liam Byrne..anybody remember me. I left belfast in 1961.

liamo1

Re: ROSARIO PRIMARY SCHOOL SUNNYSIDE STREET Early 1950s
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 12:11:35 PM »
Sorry Photo didnt appear on my Post. I am trying again so hopefully it will show now...

liamo1

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 12:16:13 PM »
Oh..what am I doing wrong..??? No Photo. Maybe I am stupid but I am following the instructions exactly....and Posting URL for location of Photo at TinyPic...where I uploaded the photo. ???..its

But Photo not appearing here..? HELP>>!!!!

paul feeney

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 01:49:28 AM »
Paul Feeney here, I left to 58 to Canada , returned in 1960 left in 63
Was in Mick Rafferty class till then, went to England  69 and traveled the Middle East and Africa in newspaper printing equipment. lived in Dubai for 5 years in mid 80
I have old photo of class with Rafferty, can forward on if I know how to ?

If you have email address

BRIDIE MARTIN

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 11:13:49 AM »
 I went to Rosario school also with my brothers and sister. Remember Miss Mc Ardle and Miss Fernon.  Paula Tynan was in my class. Kathleen White also. Though that was later in the 1960s. My older brother and sister were there in the fifties.

matchsets

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 02:53:05 AM »
Moved to Belfast in 1961, Unique Situation, English But Catholic, Went to Rosario school,, starting in 2nd Grade for 2 years in Two locations, one an Older school off the Falls Road the other a year later in a Two story Building, a few blocks away on the other side of the Falls Road.  I Remember being there in 1963 when President Kennedy was Assassinated. We Lived in Beaver Park. Then moved to Holywood and went to St Patricks, Had a Mister Stone as Teacher for 5th and 6th. We lived off the Croft road in Woodcroft Park, Left Northern Ireland in 1966 and Moved to the US where I have lived ever since

matchsets

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 01:52:41 AM »
My Memory was off, it was the Ormeau Road, not Falls, went to Rosario on Sunnyside in 1962 and  Ravenhill in 1963, then moved to Holywood.

paul feeney

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2012, 01:41:36 AM »
HOW DO I ATTACH A PHOTO, I HAVE ONE OF  MICK RAFFERTY CLASS WITH ME  IN IT  AND WOULD LIKE SOME NE TO ID SOME OF THE GUYS NAMES I HAVE LOST TRACK OF1
CAN ANY ONE HELP  ETC

PAUL FEENEY

Dub

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 08:08:32 PM »

Here is a photo of some of the girls at Rosario Primary School in the early 50s.
Middle row, 2nd from right Ann Day.  2nd from left Ann Shields
Front row, 3rd from right Ann McGettrick.
Can any one name the others.
  There must be some other class photographs of pupils there in the 50s out there.
                                                                                                                                All the best, Dub.                                           
If you don't read the papers,you are not informed.
When you do read the papers, you are misinformed.  ( Mark Twain. )

sonnyboy

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2014, 12:09:38 AM »
I believe my cousin Bobby Reilly from Sunny Side Bungalows went to Rosario in the 1950s Any one remember him He now lives on The Scilly Isles

Dub

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 12:11:58 PM »
HOW DO I ATTACH A PHOTO, I HAVE ONE OF  MICK RAFFERTY CLASS WITH ME  IN IT  AND WOULD LIKE SOME NE TO ID SOME OF THE GUYS NAMES I HAVE LOST TRACK OF1
CAN ANY ONE HELP  ETC

PAUL FEENEY

Paul, if you look up the instructions from Chris on the Old Belfast Photos board, you will get instructions on how to download photos.
                                                                                                                                                                                       All the best, Dub.

Dub

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 07:32:36 PM »
There must be some other photographs and posters from Rosario out there.    Let's see them posted.
                                                                                                                                       All the best, Dub.

Dub

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2014, 11:03:48 PM »
Oh..what am I doing wrong.. ??? No Photo. Maybe I am stupid but I am following the instructions exactly....and Posting URL for location of Photo at TinyPic...where I uploaded the photo.  ??? ..its

But Photo not appearing here..? HELP>>!!!!

Front row 3rd from left Jack Duffy (Kimberly Street) 5th from left Jacky Duffin ( Walmer Street)
2nd row 5th from left Sean Kielty RIP ( Raby Street )
3rd row 5th from left  Ray McGuirr RIP ( Raby Street )
Top row 3rd from left James Scullon RIP ( Walmer Street )

Belfast Woman

teragram

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 12:01:02 PM »
Like every other building they're constructing these days,,,square with no character. I drive past that place a couple of times nearly every day and I've never even noticed it.
If you don't do it you won't get caught.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy