Author Topic: Photo uploading discussion  (Read 9422 times)

jonnty

Photo uploading discussion
« on: December 01, 2009, 04:43:20 PM »
Hi Chris,

When I first started uploading images, I got the impression that Photobucket was the site to use. Is it now better to use tinypic.com instead?
I have now found that the sliderbar has to be used in order to view the full photo. 
Perhaps there is a way in Photobucket to reduce the photo to fit the page, but I don't know how.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

jonnty   :smile:

twocoats

Re: Photo uploading discussion
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 05:31:40 PM »
Hi Chris,

When I first started uploading images, I got the impression that Photobucket was the site to use. Is it now better to use tinypic.com instead?
I have now found that the sliderbar has to be used in order to view the full photo. 
Perhaps there is a way in Photobucket to reduce the photo to fit the page, but I don't know how.
Any assistance would be appreciated.

jonnty   :smile:

When you upload your photo to Photobucket you can then edit it. After you have pressed the edit button go to resize. Generally 600 by 400 is large enough and will fit in the window.   TC
Homophobia, racism, sexism, bigotry and sectarianism is still alive..

jonnty

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 06:10:50 PM »
Many thanks twocoats. That clears things up for me.

:smile:

Ulster Canadian

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 06:20:50 PM »
there's a few websites that are forum friendly, below are a few sites i use,

HOW TOO ADD THEM AS THUMBNAILS.

1. go to http://imageshack.us/ and click BROWSE go to where your image/photo is on your computer select the image and choose open and then click UPLOAD NOW on the imageshack page your image will then upload, takes around 30 secs too a minute and you will see a lot of different links for your image after uploaded, choose the option THUMBNAIL FOR FORUMS and your image will upload like below.

anyone wishing too view it at full size just has too click on the thumbnail.

2. go to http://www.imagebam.com and click BROWSE go to where your image/photo is on your computer select the image and choose open and then click CONTENT TYPE (Family Safe) then click UPLOAD takes around 30 secs too a minute depending on the amount of photo's selected. after uploaded you will see 3 links for your image or images copy/paste the BB-Code into your forum message and it will look like this.

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

3. go to http://www.imgplace.com and click BROWSE go to where your image/photo is on your computer select the image and choose open and then UPLOAD takes around 30 secs too a minute depending on the amount of picture's selected, you will see 3 links for your image or images copy/paste the BB-Code into your message and it will look like this.

4. Then there's tiny pic http://tinypic.com/ which has also been explained.

jonnty

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 06:48:07 PM »
Thank you Ulster Canadian for your info.

Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 10:01:54 AM »

Photobucket is fine but you have to become a member. With Tinypic you can upload without registering, so it is easier to use.

pussy-galore

• Account Closed
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 12:42:15 PM »
there's a few websites that are forum friendly, below are a few sites i use,

HOW TOO ADD THEM AS THUMBNAILS.

1. go to http://imageshack.us/ and click BROWSE go to where your image/photo is on your computer select the image and choose open and then click UPLOAD NOW on the imageshack page your image will then upload, takes around 30 secs too a minute and you will see a lot of different links for your image after uploaded, choose the option THUMBNAIL FOR FORUMS and your image will upload like below.

2. go to http://www.imagebam.com and click BROWSE go to where your image/photo is on your computer select the image and choose open and then click CONTENT TYPE (Family Safe) then click UPLOAD takes around 30 secs too a minute depending on the amount of photo's selected. after uploaded you will see 3 links for your image or images copy/paste the BB-Code into your forum message and it will look like this.

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

3. go to http://www.imgplace.com and click BROWSE go to where your image/photo is on your computer select the image and choose open and then UPLOAD takes around 30 secs too a minute depending on the amount of picture's selected, you will see 3 links for your image or images copy/paste the BB-Code into your message and it will look like this.

4. Then there's tiny pic http://tinypic.com/ which has also been explained.

Clearly and perfectly explained - Thankyou!

plaza hopper

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 02:41:35 PM »
View Full Size Imagemy grandaughter and pixie the dog first picture i have ever tried to post. ...plaza hopper

plaza hopper

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 02:45:28 PM »
View Full Size Imagemy grandaughter and pixie the dog first picture i have ever tried to post. ...plaza hopper
omg i cant believe i did it thank you chris :air_kiss: :air_kiss:

jonnty

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 03:56:43 PM »
Plaza hopper that's a lovely photo of your granddaughter and the wee pup.

manitoba

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 06:09:21 PM »
Plaza HopperNice photo of your G-daughter. Is'nt it nice to finally post a pic. It took me a while to get it right.

Chris, Jonnty & Ulster CDN,
Thanks for the info on various sites that we can use for uploading.
I find Photobucket a bit slow to copy & paste. The last couple of times I couldn't resize the photos on photobucket so I have been seziing them on Paint shop pro then uploading . I'll try some of these other sites
I just posted some pic's on Belfast City hall  thread, Xmas lights of Winnipeg

plaza hopper

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 07:25:18 PM »
Plaza hopper that's a lovely photo of your granddaughter and the wee pup.

Thank you jonnty, i hope you keep posting photos of the coast they are great. .plaza hopper

plaza hopper

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 07:32:37 PM »
Plaza HopperNice photo of your G-daughter. Is'nt it nice to finally post a pic. It took me a while to get it right.

Chris, Jonnty & Ulster CDN,
Thanks for the info on various sites that we can use for uploading.
I find Photobucket a bit slow to copy & paste. The last couple of times I couldn't resize the photos on photobucket so I have been seziing them on Paint shop pro then uploading . I'll try some of these other sites
I just posted some pic's on Belfast City hall  thread, Xmas lights of Winnipeg
Thankyou manitoba yes its nice to get a picture in, ill go and have a look at the ones you put on. ....plaza hopper

plaza hopper

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 11:13:04 PM »
omg i cant believe i did it thank you chris :air_kiss: :air_kiss:
      :music: :angel: :party: :read:

boxer1949

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 09:02:57 AM »
WEBSHOTS IS ANOTHER GROUP WERE YOU CAN UPLOAD PHOTOS TO THE FORUM  (GOOGLE IT WEBSHOTS)