Author Topic: Photo uploading discussion  (Read 7795 times)

Addison

Re: Photo uploading discussion
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2012, 10:24:22 PM »
Have just tried www.imgur.com, it is very easy.
Old age is always 15 years older than I am.

Rob1943

« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2012, 01:40:38 PM »
Chris, I just have a easy simple question to ask and that is I have just uploaded my first photo to the Everton School thread but is this the only way to get photo's into this site by using a third party program like Tinypic as I'm a bit unsure of giving my photo's to other sites ?

Also what happens if Tinypic's site goes down does that make ALL and ANY photo's uploaded to here fail ?

Thanks, Rob
Belfast born and shall love it till my last day :)

semathi

« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2012, 01:56:46 AM »
Hello.  I couldn't agree more with Rob1943.  There are bags of wonder photos linked to this site that will be lost forever if these other picture sharing sites go down.  Just think how many former Internet sites are pushing up the daisies. IMHO, it would be a wonderful addition to this site if photos could be directly uploaded and provided with a facility to add tags to make finding them easy.

Also what happens if Tinypic's site goes down does that make ALL and ANY photo's uploaded to here fail ?

vision tech

« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2012, 11:01:09 PM »
I gave up trying to post pics on here ages ago, i would love to be able to do it right but last time i tried it and posted 1 pic i was informed all my pics were on show, i was able to correct the problem but was put off posting again, maybe if i used another uploader  it might be easier.

pentio

« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2012, 11:16:29 PM »
I gave up trying to post pics on here ages ago, i would love to be able to do it right but last time i tried it and posted 1 pic i was informed all my pics were on show, i was able to correct the problem but was put off posting again, maybe if i used another uploader  it might be easier.

vision tech, have a look at the instructions on the first page of this thread re posting photos. If you are not happy with www.tinypic.com try these alternatives. You will be surprised how easy it is.

www.imgur.com

www.postimage.org

vision tech

« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2012, 11:55:54 PM »
went to tinypic downloaded a pic tried to click box for forums and nothing happened

Rob1943

« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2012, 02:23:43 PM »
Hello ALL,

I have tried to upload a photo and although I can click on any of the codes in ImageShack and use the Copy command when I come back into my thread in here and right click there is no Paste command ??   I can use the Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V commands ok but has anything happened within this forum to cause the Paste command not to be allowed or do I have some computer problem ?   The funny thing is I can use Copy n Paste anywhere else ie. Word, Powerpoint or to swap files from one area to another on my computer ?

Thanks for any heads up :)  Rob

vision tech

« Reply #82 on: December 25, 2012, 07:32:21 PM »
I think i have got it on how to upload pcs but when i used tinypic and selected a pic it asked me to start a new topic, so how do i add a pic to an ongoing topic ?

Rob1943

« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2013, 04:26:41 AM »
Hello ALL, just as an update I tried to join Tinypic the other day and was re-directed to Photobucket so it would seem that maybe they have taken control of Tinypic ?  Anyways I have joined Photobucket for Free and am posting photo's in here from there but I just need to see if I can re-size some before posting as they are coming in a tad too large  :o

Cheers, Rob

Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2013, 10:04:03 AM »
You do not need to join Tinypic to upload photos there. Tinypic is owned by Photobucket so when you join it directs you to it's premium service Photobucket. Using Photobucket is not recommended because it allows people to delete and move their photos into different albums etc, and when that inevitably happens the photos posted here go missing and permanently spoils the topic. It is best to upload anonymously to Tinypic (or www.postimage.org, or www.imgur.com) where the photo cannot be deleted or moved.

Rob1943

« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2013, 05:48:12 AM »
OK Chris, sorry I did'nt realise that so if I go back into Photobucket and transfer ALL the ones I've uploaded into there and bring them across to Tinypic will that mean that the ones I've uploaded into a thread here will be lost and I will have to redo the thread with those from Tinypic ?   

Also would it be worthwhile putting out a short explanation to folks who answer a thread that has several photo's on it how to answer it without involving a re-post of ALL the original photo's ?  ( It just seems to make a thread very long due to the photo's being copied in a lot of answers ! ).

Cheers, Rob

Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2013, 11:39:56 AM »
OK Chris, sorry I did'nt realise that so if I go back into Photobucket and transfer ALL the ones I've uploaded into there and bring them across to Tinypic will that mean that the ones I've uploaded into a thread here will be lost and I will have to redo the thread with those from Tinypic ?   

Yes, it is best to leave it now with the photos from Photobucket but you will have to remember never to move or delete them otherwise it will spoil the topic, as you can see in a later post of yours where the photos are now replaced with ugly photobucket icons. It is neigh on impossible to remember not to touch them especially months later when you've forgotten they were posted on a forum. So in future it is best to only upload anonymously using tinypic etc where the photos cannot be removed.

Rob1943

« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2013, 06:06:05 AM »
OK thanks Chris, I have moved All those that I had on Photobucket and redone my thread with them now uploaded to Tinypic  .. I also asked the moderator to delete my original posting which she has kindly done so ALL is well  :D

I shall only use Tinypic from here on  ;)

Cheers, Rob

Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2013, 03:16:41 PM »
 O0

Sean T Traynor

« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2013, 07:15:16 PM »
Unless I am a bit thick, tinypics home page takes you to a photobucket registration page. .I still don't get it
 :prankster:
Traynor/Trainor, McDade/Daid of Carnsampson, Kirkwood of Portglenone, Nummey & McKee of The Commons, Newry.  McKee & Warnock of Armaghbrague, Jemphrey