Author Topic: Boy,s Model...  (Read 43155 times)

quembre

Re: Boy,s Model...
« Reply #165 on: September 24, 2019, 09:34:34 PM »
Hi there. I'm 57 and attended the Boys Model from around 73-74 till 79-80. Not exactly sure of the years and I'd need to sit down with a pen and paper to work it out. I remember a few teachers who's names I haven't seen mentioned.

Tom McNally - art teacher,
Colin Grainger - art teacher
Victor Hughes - physics teacher
Sammy Sinclair - maths teacher
Clive Kinghan (not sure if this is spelt correctly - French teacher

I liked all these teachers with the possible exception of Mr Sinclair who caned me on many occasions however I passed my O level maths. Only maths exam I've ever passed so maybe he "motivated" me. Haha.

Tom McNally and Colin Grainger were particularly good teachers I felt and I've only good memories of them. I heard about 10 years ago that Mr McNally had died. Not sure when.

Mr Kinghan was a very nervous man who was mercilessly tormented in class and I'm sure he dreaded his time in the two language classrooms behind the old main building.

unrecog

« Reply #166 on: November 07, 2019, 09:36:40 PM »
I will never forget my time at that place. Ernie never bothered me for some reason - I do not think he and I ever exchanged a cross word, but Andy McMoran? He should have been jailed, in my opinion.

Billy Sharpe (Physics) was the best teacher in the school.

Mrs Fowler - always seemed to be perpetually annoyed that she was not born English

Mr Cameron (Maths) give Billy Sharpe a close run for best teacher

The rest were mediocrities. I never did find out if Jason had a purpose in life other than just mooching about smoking cigars that smelled like Francey's breath.

Lost Login

« Reply #167 on: November 07, 2019, 09:50:55 PM »
I will never forget my time at that place. Ernie never bothered me for some reason - I do not think he and I ever exchanged a cross word, but Andy McMoran? He should have been jailed, in my opinion.

Billy Sharpe (Physics) was the best teacher in the school.

Mrs Fowler - always seemed to be perpetually annoyed that she was not born English

Mr Cameron (Maths) give Billy Sharpe a close run for best teacher

The rest were mediocrities. I never did find out if Jason had a purpose in life other than just mooching about smoking cigars that smelled like Francey's breath.

Welcome to the forum. I think I found out what Jason McCord's purpose in life was - if you flick back to post 35, hopefully that should answer a few questions.
Not available in Northern Ireland.

unrecog

« Reply #168 on: November 07, 2019, 09:58:45 PM »
Welcome to the forum. I think I found out what Jason McCord's purpose in life was - if you flick back to post 35, hopefully that should answer a few questions.

I did read some of the posts. I never had Jason for Art and I could not tell you who I did have teaching me Art. I hated it, probably because I was no good at it. It was like RE, utterly pointless.

Your posts - especially the big long one - made me laugh. Given the subject, I probably should have shed tears. [Edit: on second thoughts, I shed enough tears whilst I was there]