Author Topic: Boy,s Model...  (Read 49680 times)

James James

Re: Boy,s Model...
« Reply #210 on: January 07, 2020, 10:48:26 PM »
Good for you. I wish you every success with it. 

Ditto, and it's very impressive, and not easy to achieve, and especially not with that scholastic legacy.

Maybe get to create something like this eventually,...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfxnDXXjoRY

Lost Login

« Reply #211 on: January 08, 2020, 09:03:21 PM »
Gentlemen, thank you for comments and compliments. I was planning to keep all the photos I took of the demolition of the old school until later in the year. But anyway, here's another one. Taken on July 27, 2010. The demolition began with Rooms 10 and 30 being reduced to rubble.

Not available in Northern Ireland.

unrecog

« Reply #212 on: January 09, 2020, 12:34:45 AM »
29 was Cameron's room (Maths) and 28A and 28B were May Stevens (little short redhead, knew how to teach A level maths) and Albert Thomson (gormless fool who did NOT know how to teach A Level maths).

Room 9 was Laurence McConnell's room and Room 10 was where McMoran used to beat the [censored] out of me in 2nd year. I hated Room 10.

Lost Login

« Reply #213 on: January 09, 2020, 11:10:25 AM »
Maybe the same,... "guy" ...??? ?! ,... perhaps a tad scary for old acquaintances !, ... contains a picture. !

"Feb 18, 2015"

https://uup.org/news/3384/Ulster-Unionist-Party-nominates-Andy-McMorran-to-the-Education-Authority#.XgvqCbr7S00

"In other news - Count Dracula has been appointed CEO of the Blood Transfusion Service."

unrecog

« Reply #214 on: January 09, 2020, 09:07:29 PM »
I do not want the publicity myself, but if I did not care about publicity then I would "out" him and describe exactly the sort of treatment he used to hand out. The whole darn school would be like one of those Care Home scandals and a bunch of people would have their reputations ruined.

I have better things to do with my life than deal with him any more. I know him for what he is.

Lost Login

« Reply #215 on: January 10, 2020, 11:53:31 AM »
Room 10 was where McMoran used to beat the [censored] out of me in 2nd year. I hated Room 10.

You weren't the only one.

James James

« Reply #216 on: January 14, 2020, 05:15:53 AM »
Before you folks time there,... unluckily for yous no doubt,...

http://laganpress.co/publications/view/james-ellis/home-away-ten-tales-and-three-dreams

Doubtless more deserved than your guy. ! ...

Lost Login

« Reply #217 on: January 17, 2020, 09:26:53 PM »
Miss Vaughan? I left in '81 and I have no recollection of her at all. Having said that I did not have much use for R.E. back in those days (start of a lifelong trend for me)

What did she look like?

A rare colour photograph of R.E teacher, Miss Vaughan. Taken circa 1979.

Jc65

« Reply #218 on: February 05, 2020, 10:01:53 PM »
Yes that picture of Miss Vaughan is very accurate 😆

ericjeff

« Reply #219 on: March 30, 2020, 10:09:16 PM »
Hello. I returned from the US and started in the school in September 1960. Dinsmore had a dry sense of humour - go out and play in the traffic. Charlie Wylie, Boinger and King were "born agains" and started me towards atheism -except Harry Graham was a decent one. Mr Smith took me for classes on Wednesday afternoons so I could avoid Boinger's music appreciation. Bulldog recommended me for a scholarship to boarding school and I headed there in 1962. I am one of the few with good memories.

Lost Login

« Reply #220 on: April 26, 2020, 05:39:27 PM »
"One-term" teachers - 1974-1975.

Mrs. Lloyd - Biology

Mr. Rafferty - Science

Mr. Graham - R.E.

Mr. Kirkwood - Art

Mr. Brennan - Geography

Mr. Joseph J. Wedlocke - Technical Drawing.

Mr. Trevor Lowe - English.

Billy Fish

« Reply #221 on: April 26, 2020, 08:07:57 PM »
Before you folks time there,... unluckily for yous no doubt,...

http://laganpress.co/publications/view/james-ellis/home-away-ten-tales-and-three-dreams

Doubtless more deserved than your guy. ! ...

I didn't know James Ellis attended the Boys Model.  ??? :o
Support Soldier F
Remember the bravery and deeds of the Men & Women of the USC, RUC, RUC Reserve, the UDR, PSNI, but most of all the British Army.

unrecog

« Reply #222 on: May 04, 2020, 07:42:25 PM »
"One-term" teachers - 1974-1975.

Mrs. Lloyd - Biology

Mr. Rafferty - Science

Mr. Graham - R.E.

Mr. Kirkwood - Art

Mr. Brennan - Geography

Mr. Joseph J. Wedlocke - Technical Drawing.

Mr. Trevor Lowe - English.

Joe Wedlocke lived on my street. He emigrated to Australia or New Zealand which was a pity because I got on quite well with him outside school. He never taught me.

Lost Login

« Reply #223 on: May 11, 2020, 10:27:05 AM »
Joe Wedlocke lived on my street. He emigrated to Australia or New Zealand which was a pity because I got on quite well with him outside school. He never taught me.

He had a name for the cane he used. It was called "Hector". He kept it in a storage compartment in his classroom in the McNeilly Building. The compartment was called "Hector's House".

Lost Login

« Reply #224 on: May 21, 2020, 08:42:23 PM »
My Year Master in fifth year was Jimmy Francey (aka Jimmy Deathbreath or Gaseous Joe). He was my technical drawing teacher in third year.  I remember those classes in M8. What a lot of people may not know about him was that he was a closet narcissist.  It never escaped my notice or that of several others that during a TD double period, there were several times that he would retreat into a storeroom attached to M8 and gaze at his reflection in a full-length mirror on the wall. I could often see him straightening his tie and jacket and combing his hair as well as grinning at himself in the mirror.

He also seemed to have "problems endocrinal".  I remember on one occasion when he lay flat out on top of a row of storage cupboards, next to the room windows and grunted he words "Hurrrr. Anybody gat a mint?"  Obviously looking for some indigestion relief.