Author Topic: Titanic still for the rich?  (Read 18259 times)

Moonlight

Re: Titanic still for the rich?
« Reply #450 on: April 15, 2012, 12:10:14 PM »

What about the violinists playing 'Nearer My Good To Thee'?  It brought me out in goose pimples.  I didn't notice Katie's shoes Moonlight  :D  and I was pleased that the Titanic staircase wasn't mentioned.

Yes, that was beautiful and very moving considering the history.  It did the same for me.
Once sent out a word takes wing beyond recall

EllCee

« Reply #451 on: April 15, 2012, 12:18:56 PM »
If you can't make it to Belfast, there's always here:

Titanic Museum Attraction

2134 Parkway
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
Local:865-868-1197
Toll Free:800-381-7670

Visit our web site for rates and availability.
http://www.titanicpigeonforge.com/
[Handicapped Accessible]

Please note that for the days of January 9-12, 2012 the Titanic Museum Attraction will be closed for installation of a NEW exhibit.

“The Titanic Museum Attraction is not to be missed” USA TODAY. This interactive museum contains 400 artifacts. While on your self guided tour you can walk up the Grand Staircase, steer the ship, and even feel the coldness of 28 degree water. Touch a real live, growing iceberg and hear actual survivor stories. Within the Discovery Room you can look at the photos of John Joslyn's dive to the Titanic's resting place.

Advance Reservation - Adult     $21.38 + tax
Advance Reservation - Child (5-12)     $11.14 + tax
Advance Reservation - Family Pass (2 adults, 4 children)*     $58.80 + tax
Advance Reservation - Child (0-4)     Free

"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

RobRoy

« Reply #452 on: April 15, 2012, 12:30:01 PM »
Past the heel and ankle, avoiding the Silent Valley , over the Mountains of Mourne and stopping for a look at her Bradbury Place.  ::) ;) :D

Didn't get that far, I listened for about 30 seconds then switched it off. Every event these days in Ireland has to have those bloody drums, they are becoming more annoying than Riverdance, almost up there with yer man Bloomers ;) ;)

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #453 on: April 15, 2012, 01:03:41 PM »
If you can't make it to Belfast, there's always here:

Titanic Museum Attraction

2134 Parkway
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
Local:865-868-1197
Toll Free:800-381-7670

Visit our web site for rates and availability.
http://www.titanicpigeonforge.com/
[Handicapped Accessible]

Please note that for the days of January 9-12, 2012 the Titanic Museum Attraction will be closed for installation of a NEW exhibit.

“The Titanic Museum Attraction is not to be missed” USA TODAY. This interactive museum contains 400 artifacts. While on your self guided tour you can walk up the Grand Staircase, steer the ship, and even feel the coldness of 28 degree water. Touch a real live, growing iceberg and hear actual survivor stories. Within the Discovery Room you can look at the photos of John Joslyn's dive to the Titanic's resting place.

Advance Reservation - Adult     $21.38 + tax
Advance Reservation - Child (5-12)     $11.14 + tax
Advance Reservation - Family Pass (2 adults, 4 children)*     $58.80 + tax
Advance Reservation - Child (0-4)     Free

I note that this exhibition lets one  have the " Staircase experience "     

Only in AMERICA, EH    :D

Global Warming is determined by the AlgoreRythmn used....

Someone said; "It is easier to deceive people, than convince them that they are deceived"

EllCee

« Reply #455 on: April 15, 2012, 03:30:46 PM »

I note that this exhibition lets one  have the " Staircase experience "     

Only in AMERICA, EH    :D

They do indeed, but it costs a fair amount to get from Belfast to Pigeon Forge.  Only the rich will be able to have that experience.

They've also got a glass of really cold water    only in AMERICA, EH?  :D
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

twocoats

« Reply #456 on: April 16, 2012, 07:35:11 PM »
Homophobia, racism, sexism, bigotry and sectarianism is still alive..

smith19

« Reply #457 on: April 25, 2012, 03:13:38 PM »
They do indeed, but it costs a fair amount to get from Belfast to Pigeon Forge.  Only the rich will be able to have that experience.

They've also got a glass of really cold water    only in AMERICA, EH?  :D
Even the powerful and mighty were excluded!! Go to Youtube and key in "Hitler's Titanic" for a little light hearted interlude!!!

eros

« Reply #458 on: April 25, 2012, 03:53:22 PM »
 I was talking to a lady and her young daughter last week and they both went to the titanic ex and both had their pictures taken on the staircase ,the room was empty and they just walked into the room seeing it empty they took advantage of the situation and took pics I will post them when they become available to me 
Eros
Lest we Forget