Author Topic: thorndale house belfast  (Read 10920 times)

cyprus girl

Re: thorndale house belfast
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2014, 04:20:53 AM »

Oh JM BOY that's heart breaking reading about your sister, what a sad life she had :(  and just when she had managed to turn her life around and have a chance at some happiness this horrible accident happened.
 My condolences to you and may she Rest In Peace God Bless :-*
Queenio, queenio who's got the ball-eo

McNamee

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2014, 09:26:44 AM »
JMBoy

She is at peace now, with no more cares, woes or sadness....It must also give you some peace, as you do not have to wonder about her as you now know where she is..

You were a very good brother, so you should be proud of yourself.

Take Care and Have a great life yourself... :-* :-*

Barb1

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2015, 01:17:24 PM »
I was born in Thorndale House in 1968. Decided a few years ago to try and find my birth mother which I did but she said that she didn't want have any contact.

urneygirl

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2015, 04:43:49 PM »
I was born in Thorndale House in 1968. Decided a few years ago to try and find my birth mother which I did but she said that she didn't want have any contact.

Sorry to hear that Barb, maybe things will change.

Bamzooki

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2015, 03:17:47 PM »
I was also born in Thorndale House to a Josephine Mackin on 17th May 1958, father unknown. Tried to trace her but got nowhere.
It is impossible to walk down an escalator at pace without looking like Michael Flatley.

Traceyp

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2018, 07:37:49 PM »
I was born in Thorndale House in 1964, my mum didnít have good memories of the place, she said that the staff didnít treat the girls well.  :(

derdrei

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2018, 02:17:13 AM »
some very sad stories , hope it worked out for all. :(

Rosiekins

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2020, 10:25:44 PM »
Hi I was born here in 1963, as a teenager I went and knocked on the door and asked some questions and met a lovely old lady but when I got up the courage to go Bach some years later someone else had taken over and I was treated like a criminal. I did manage to trace my natural mother, using a social worker as I now live in England and she told me whilst they where OK they wernt exactly kind to the young mums sadly, and on the day I went to live with my new mum and dad she was told to go and get your baby ready she's going today!! She was still breast feeding me at the time. I find it hard to forgive the salvation army even though I myself have done a lot of work with the homeless but not with them. I have to forgive them but they where as bad as the nuns we read about in my opinion and they do need to repent before God for what they have dine

tours

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2020, 11:58:01 PM »

Hi I was born here in 1963, as a teenager I went and knocked on the door and asked some questions and met a lovely old lady but when I got up the courage to go Bach some years later someone else had taken over and I was treated like a criminal. I did manage to trace my natural mother, using a social worker as I now live in England and she told me whilst they where OK they wernt exactly kind to the young mums sadly, and on the day I went to live with my new mum and dad she was told to go and get your baby ready she's going today!! She was still breast feeding me at the time. I find it hard to forgive the salvation army even though I myself have done a lot of work with the homeless but not with them. I have to forgive them but they where as bad as the nuns we read about in my opinion and they do need to repent before God for what they have dine
So sorry for your hurt.
A lot of things where handled very badly years ago, by a lot of different organisations.
Hopefully there is stringent safe guards in place today, to prevent such happening again.
There is a lot of good people involved in organisations/faith groups, and it would be unfair to
label them all in a negative way.
Many people, especially on social media, are looking any excuse to get the boot in to these organisations.
I'm sure many of the comments to follow, will say as much.
That's not to take away from the traumatic experience you personally had.
I urge you to pursue any injustices or hurt you endured, if there is a route open to do such.
Especially if it leads to some kind of healing and closure.
Wishing you my heartfelt sympathy and peace.
God Bless you, Rosiekins. xxx