Author Topic: Mersey street primary school who went?  (Read 8215 times)

richard mccann

Mersey street primary school who went?
« on: April 23, 2012, 04:19:29 AM »
I went to Mersey street from 1946/52.  I then went to Ashfield for another two yr,s could not wait to get to work. The last 50 yr,s Ihave lived in Australia .

wingnut

Re: Mersey street primary school who went?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 06:41:55 PM »
bout ye dick.its paul b..brian's son.i left you a private message a few weeks ago.dont know if you got it.also e-mailed you.hope your keeping well.stay in touch.

richard mccann

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 03:03:29 AM »
I got your email wingnut ;) ,I  replied to it straight away maybe I pushed the wrong button when I sent it, I am not to good with the computer . My speling is not the best. Everybody here is in good nick Willie just came back from a holiday in Thailand he was asking about ye .I hope you are all well

wingnut

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 04:15:27 PM »
dick have you joined facebook?there is a newtownards road site on it.plenty of old and new photos of the area.your auld street and banbury st are on it.you would'nt recognize around mersey street now.all new houses built.mersey street school is an enlisted building.its now flats.gonna try and upload a couple of photos.last time i tried it didnt work ??? take care and keep er lit!!! 

richard mccann

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 05:29:09 AM »
onya wingnut have never given facebook a thought wudnt know what to do with all those friends. I cant give you any advice about posting photos I would have no idea how to do it. How is your mum and dad goin? I should have said yre ma n da but I  have lost my accent :) . Where are all the Mersey street pupils? What about yez. all the best dick.

lenabee

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 02:54:28 AM »
I went briefly, from 1969-1970.... My teacher was a Miss (Mrs ?) McDonald.

Dee Street

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 09:48:56 AM »
My father (Robert Currie) attended Mersey Street Primary back in the 1940s or 50s. Lived at #42 Banbury Street.

rusty

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 09:12:18 PM »
I went to Mersey street from 1946/52.  I then went to Ashfield for another two yr,s could not wait to get to work. The last 50 yr,s Ihave lived in Australia .
my aunts n uncle went toboth those schools. samuel , may n jean moorhead they lived at 1 parkgate drive just off mersey street with the oval at the top of the street :)

richard mccann

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 07:20:08 AM »
Classmates from 1946/52 Mersey St Primary. Mary Mc Connell,  Serena Simpson , Wilma Moffatt, Esther Lowey, Margaret Moore, Valerie Collins, Brenda Richardson , Jean Watton, Margaret Mc Kensie, Margaret White, Lily Dinley ,Evelyn Jeffries. Freddy Patterson , Brian Bennett, Billy Holland  , John  Whitley, Jim Andrews,  Davy Maxwell , Brian Mc Ilroy  Dennis Quinn, David Carlisle. Hope I havent forgotten  anybody/ cheers Rmc

brunosean

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 05:19:30 AM »
My father John Brown went there in the 30s..His sister Mamie also attended. They lived on Tamar street and later Hills avenue. They had friends calles Skipper Knowles [they had a chip shop]and Gaunch Kershaw.

jean79

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 09:39:11 AM »
Hi Richard   been talking to Jim Munn he remembers you and said Jean (Whiteside) his wife Jean said she tried to get in touch with you but got no reply his brother Ken arrives in Perth 10th December and we will be over there to catch up with them    regards   Jean

ellen mcmaster

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2014, 06:04:04 PM »
hi im looking for a david stewart mcmaster born 25th march 1989 that went to this school if anyone knows him iv been looking for him for a long time

charlesworth

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 04:45:21 AM »
Hi, my name is Margaret Charlesworth and I lived in Mersey Street opposite Mersey Street Primary School.  I live overseas but always remember my education at this school, and the great teachers I had.  In particular Mr Shannon a great teacher.  Does anyone know where Margaret Moore is who lived In Parkgate Gardens?  I do think of all my classmate friends and wonder where they are, Sandra Stitt, Gloria Pittman, Margaret Moore, Margaret Warden,Maisie Rainey. I still have my Elementary Leaving Certificate from Mersey Street Primary. I am so happy that the integrity of the school has been kept by keeping the front fašade, and that some of the people living in the apartments are ex Mersey Street Primary students.  My brother is Walter Charlesworth and he is also living overseas.  Regards, Margaret.

richard mccann

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2016, 06:21:54 AM »
charlesworth- There was a Margaret Moore in my class at Mersey St the class Master was Mr Stitt the year was 1952 before all the boys  at twelve years of age went to Ashfield . I have mentioned a few names that were in my class earlier on this thread have a look you may know some of them. I remember a lad called Gibson living opposite the school  ring any bells? I lived in Harkness Parade off Chelsea St. Another name not quite opposite the school was  Billy Docherty.Rmc

charlesworth

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2016, 11:32:02 AM »
Hi, I know the Gibsons, my neighbours who lived in the two houses beside us and went to Mersey Street Primary were:  Eddie Smiley, Helen Moorehead, and up the street and still opposite the school as well was Myrtle Clint.  I remember Mr Stitt very well, he was always dressed in  very smart suits, ,, dark hair, I think either Welsh or English, and a very good teacher the girls loved him and thought he was so handsome.