Author Topic: Edward St,Belfast 1960 -1969  (Read 15006 times)

Jsloan

Re: Edward St,Belfast 1960 -1969
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2018, 09:47:57 PM »
Just stumbled on this thread.   

I was born in 26 Edward Street, my grandparents' house.  They were Tommy and Mary Jane McCourt.  My mother and father were Jim and Kay Pauley and we lived there until about 1960 when my parents got their own place on the Springfield Road. I used to visit every weekend with my grandparents and every day during the school holidays while my parents were at work, so still played with all my childhood friends there.  My best mate was Eddie Lowe, Lizzy Boyd's son and after he moved away i buddied with Jim McAllister who lived in that small side street up the top of Edward Street.  Was it called Little Edward Street?

My mum was close friends with Mary Pierucci and they also worked at the same place for a while.  She was also close friends with Kitty McVeigh and Bea and Nancy Larmour.

Lots of happy memories of The Half Bap and Thomas Hannon's and Mrs Laverty's shops.

My grandparents died in 1966 and 1968 and my uncle Gerald McCourt took over the house with his wife Pat and their kids Mary, Kevin, Kathleen and Patricia.

Jsloan

Re: Edward St,Belfast 1960 -1969
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2018, 09:54:50 PM »
Yeah peruicis moved to manchester mc dowells moved to manchester seen gerry mc cord few year's ago he was living in lurgan connect to Glenavon seconds Speaking to Tommy Hannon yesterday Seamus raee lives in Lancaster street