Author Topic: Any old photos  (Read 569593 times)

EllCee

Re: Any old photos
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2006, 05:30:28 PM »
The building at top left, with the light coloured roof is Burger King, beside Sainsbury's Filling Station.  Newtownbreda Church and cemetary are to the left of this photo

If you go to http://maps.google.co.uk/ you can navigate your way to Belfast, zoom in and  then select the "Satellite" option to get the aerial view.

Unfortunately, the high definition aerial views don't cover all of the island.  It's quite interesting, though the photograph was taken quite early in the morning and the shadows are long.  It's very good for tracing the old Co Down railway line as it passes through Dundonald and Knock.
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

Christopher

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2006, 06:02:11 PM »
Awe Les, what a pity :'( Not enough people on the bike for an entry in The Guinness Book of Records

The guy in the middle of the picture .. does he have a name ??? I wonder if anyone else has met him somewhere.

Les, look at the picture here. Your Motor Cycle Display Team was somewhat on the small side :D

EllCee

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2006, 06:08:58 PM »
"The guy in the middle of the picture .. does he have a name"

Do you know I cannot remember his surname?  It might be Magee or McGinn.  His first name is Paddy.  He originally came from the Dundrum or Newcastle area, and lost most of his left hand in an accident in his early teens.  He left Belfast in about 1963 or 64 to go to Jersey or Guernsey, but hasn't been heard of since.
"I may not agree with you, but I respect your opinion"   "You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it"

joebhoy

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2006, 06:11:54 PM »
well done les wonderful photograph, tell us about the girl in the back and the motorbike

Christopher

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2006, 06:15:07 PM »
Les, we may be able to find that guy :D One of the chefs in the Primrose Bar and Restaurant in Ballynahinch worked for a time in Jersey pr Guernsey. His brother still lives there.

It's typical isn't it. Joe's not interested in the streets at all.
He just wants to see picturess of women. I'll tell your good lady Joe :D

EllCee

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2006, 06:16:29 PM »
The girl is the sister of a mutual friend of "Bloomfield" and me who now lives in Holland.  He, Stan, had a similar bike, a 1962 Triumph Trophy 650cc.  I wish I still had it.  :'(

Christopher

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2006, 06:19:56 PM »
Les is the woman married ??? I've never been to Holland :D She looks about my age too :D

EllCee

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2006, 06:21:56 PM »
"Les, we may be able to find that guy Cheesy One of the chefs in the Primrose Bar and Restaurant in Ballynahinch worked for a time in Jersey pr Guernsey. His brother still lives there."

My friend, Stan, in Holland lived for a couple of years in Jersey, Guernsey and the Canary Islands and couldn't find out anything of Paddy.  But certainly ask your friend, Chris.

He was quite distinctive as he had only the index finger and the thumb on his left  hand.  I think he found a live hand grenade at Ballykilner and "played" with it, as boys do.

EllCee

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2006, 06:26:58 PM »
The lady is younger than you are!  Her exact age is of no concern of the worldwide audience this website has.

And I'm not sure of her current marital status.  Again, that is of no concern of any of our readers.  Nor is her address and telephone number.   :-X ;)

Christopher

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2006, 06:45:18 PM »
Why are we on the Canary Islands, Les ??? Those other two islands are part of the Channel Islands. Do Stan and Paddy have a thing about islands ??? I'm just off the phone to friends in the Canary Islands. My friend Michael, who lives there now, used to work at the Maxol HO on the Ormeau Road. He went to Inst as did his two sons. The eldest one of them is my Godson.

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2006, 06:53:23 PM »
Les

The girl is the sister of a mutual friend of "Bloomfield"

Ah, sweet memories, of girls and motor cycles. :D
Soldier F Supporter, equal Justice for all.

When will the I.R.A. pay Compensation to their Innocent Victims or Relatives.

Christopher

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2006, 06:56:55 PM »
Hiya Bloomfield and Les, would your little black books be available for a small fee ???

EllCee

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2006, 06:58:35 PM »
"used to work at the Maxol HO on the Ormeau Road"

Ask Michael if he knew Jackie Brown.  She used to work there some years ago.  She and her ex-husband Archie ran a filling station near the Police Station on the Shore Road.

EllCee

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2006, 07:01:49 PM »

Ah, sweet memories, of girls and motor cycles. :D

I know I know.   :'( :'(  Tell me all about it.   :'( :'(

You won't have seen me on my bike too often from the side.  You will have been more used to seeing just my back and the tail light     ...  ;D 8) :-* ;D

BLOOMFIELD

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2006, 07:24:38 PM »
Christopher

Hiya Bloomfield and Les, would your little black books be available for a small fee 

No way, it's like Vintage Wine, you keep it in the dark , and you don't share (apart from that , it's not Gentlemanly ) NO crude comments from you Les :-*
Soldier F Supporter, equal Justice for all.

When will the I.R.A. pay Compensation to their Innocent Victims or Relatives.