Author Topic: Any old photos  (Read 452802 times)

Hendy

Re: Any old photos
« Reply #1800 on: April 06, 2008, 11:20:06 AM »

Mo Chara is the man to do this properly, I'm still experimenting.

Gerri

« Reply #1801 on: April 06, 2008, 04:33:06 PM »

River Terrace off the Ormeau Road Belfast. This pic was taken around 1998. there used to be a row of prefabs on the left with Bassets lock house which is still there.  The houses on the right hand side of the street are fairly new, but Lavina St has gone. Used to be a pub on the corner called Paddy McGraths. We lived almost facin McGraths. anyone got any pics of it? or remember it?

mo chara

« Reply #1802 on: April 06, 2008, 04:35:59 PM »
Brilliant Hendy, ten out of ten.
Keep your hands up or you'll end up with a face like mine

Gerri

« Reply #1803 on: April 06, 2008, 04:38:10 PM »

The Lock House, River Terrace, Ormeau Road, Belfast.  

Mrs Basset used to live in this house when we were kids, from what I mind she used to be a nurse and we were send to her when we had skelfs from swingin round the wooden lamposts.

Hendy

« Reply #1804 on: April 06, 2008, 05:44:11 PM »
Brilliant Hendy, ten out of ten.
Thanks MO C, your'e very generous with your marks, I would have given it 7 out of 10 now you show everyone how it should be done.

Hendy

« Reply #1805 on: April 07, 2008, 09:01:14 PM »
MO I'm crying looking at it :'(, superb job. You will have to give me some tips, I use Photoshop, didn't like impact. lost in their instructions.

mo chara

« Reply #1806 on: April 08, 2008, 11:31:17 AM »
Well, like George Washington; I cannot tell a lie. I picked up some old shop display posters off Google Images, faded them a wee bit and stuck them in the window.

fred g

« Reply #1807 on: April 08, 2008, 11:21:01 PM »
The pictures of parade at bottom of Newtownards Road were taken at Seaforde St corner .The Shop with the sign Favourite I think was a chip shop  and was also called the Don
at one time

johnmck

« Reply #1808 on: April 10, 2008, 03:19:16 AM »
mo what do you mean about photobucket i have tried posting lately and had problems can you help?

mo chara

« Reply #1809 on: April 10, 2008, 02:12:27 PM »
I managed to post a picture yesterday evening after having problems. At one stage Photobucket informed me that my entire folder had been deleted, half an hour later they all reappeared.  It seems a bit hit and miss at the moment. As you've noticed, lots of pictures have disappeared off various threads. I've thrown some holy water over the computer.

charles w

« Reply #1810 on: April 11, 2008, 09:51:27 PM »
The Barney Hughes site, on the Springfield Road Belfast, is to be demolished in the next three weeks from information that I have received.  The building is to replaced by a new flats  complex  >:( .  Might be worthwhile to get a few photographs of it before it goes.

teragram

« Reply #1811 on: April 11, 2008, 10:52:04 PM »
Glad you told us that Charles.  A mate of mine has a wee furniture shop up there. I'll have to tell him to take a few snaps before he moves.  I really didn't think things were happening so soon. I  don't think HE'S aware of it either.
If you don't do it you won't get caught.

charles w

« Reply #1812 on: April 11, 2008, 11:11:38 PM »
Just make certain, if you can. I would love it not to be true.  As you can the nearby mill complex is being turned into flats.

teragram

« Reply #1813 on: April 11, 2008, 11:17:44 PM »
Charles,,  he knows the place is being demolished, he just doesn't know when, but he's trying to get into the place at the corner of Northumberland St,  I think it's called The Spires Center.

teragram

« Reply #1814 on: April 11, 2008, 11:24:52 PM »
Just make certain, if you can. I would love it not to be true.  As you can the nearby mill complex is being turned into flats.

I would have thought the people of the Falls would have been against flats being built because they were never too happy with Divis, but there's one thing I can say in their favour. I remember a woman who lived in Millford Street all her life, telling me that she swore she'd never move into a flat,  but things got so bad with all the hoods, that she nearly begged to get into one.  She said, about the flat, "At least nobody can come over yer back wall".