Author Topic: Milford School  (Read 1383 times)

celticmoon

Milford School
« on: May 27, 2012, 01:11:10 AM »
Does anyone have a pic of this school my Mother went to and location?? Near Divis... Thanks so much
Family Names: Carney, Murphy, Keenan, Cromie, Carmichael, Hackett,  Monaghan and McKenna.
Any info on these family names is welcomed.

desi

Re: Milford School
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 08:26:45 AM »
Does anyone have a pic of this school my Mother went to and location?? Near Divis... Thanks so much
Hello Celticmoon ,that school your talking about would have been SAINT BRENDANS in MILFORD STREET ,that was part of the old POUND LONEY in the LOWER FALLS. go on the POUND LONEY thread on this forum and you will see the odd photo of pupils that went to the school ,by the way I also went to SAINT BRENDANS .but you will get better info from the posters on WHO DO YOU KNOW FROM THE POUND LONEY  thread .
JUSTICE FOR THE BALLYMURPHY 11.

desi

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 08:36:20 AM »

Celticmoon here is a photo of the school in MILFORD ST .the school was knocked down in the sixties for redevelopment of the area .

rathlin

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 08:46:39 PM »

Remembering the forgotten innocents of all wars.

desi

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 06:45:43 AM »
Nice one Rathlin ,it was very dull that photo. O0

Gabrielcarlin

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 10:23:02 PM »

My uncle Brendan Carlin 2nd from the right in the middle row. My father also attended this school in the 40,s his name is Michael Carlin from 5 Milford street. does anyone remember the family.

arizona2

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2020, 09:36:01 PM »
The guy to your uncles right is my cousin Owen Coogan from Nail Street. Charlie Smith (lived off Cullingtree Road) is at the end of the same row standing next to Peter Christian (teacher).  Tommy Stranney is the 3rd from the left in the front row. I recognise a few others but their names elude me.

I don't recall ever seeing an actual photo of the school but have seen a painting of it and Milford street looking towards Albert Street where I lived.