Author Topic: old barbers  (Read 47747 times)

sj

Re: old barbers
« Reply #345 on: June 26, 2020, 04:41:13 AM »
I meant it in the nicest possible way, that it was all male, e.g. male dominated, nothing more, as you so rightly say, it was a men's barbers, just words.
It,s. O K.   I was on my high horse at the time.   Sam
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

sweenytodd

« Reply #346 on: June 26, 2020, 05:51:33 PM »
Don't mind Sam Redkate Thinks its his age makes him little Grumpy Hasn't answered any off my posts on Facebook for a long Time   Hope you are well Sam.
Stay Safe Everyone

Redkate

« Reply #347 on: June 26, 2020, 08:25:35 PM »
Ah sure, it's easily done, I pay no heed.....and he was gracious enough to explain that he was on his high horse at the time, I just loved the expression - hadn't heard it in ages, no much call for it over here in California. ...

sj

« Reply #348 on: June 26, 2020, 10:57:58 PM »
Ah sure, it's easily done, I pay no heed.....and he was gracious enough to explain that he was on his high horse at the time, I just loved the expression - hadn't heard it in ages, no much call for it over here in California. ...
Hugh & I go back a long way but our grandfather's go back even longer
Sam

sweenytodd

« Reply #349 on: June 28, 2020, 12:13:42 AM »
Kate how are ye all managing in California  And you Sam, we Are opening everything back up on Monday. Hope we are not doing it to soon, Very low death rate at moment. Its the worst thing i Have ever experienced. We were lucky weather was not bad for lockdown,Stay Safe ye all

Redkate

« Reply #350 on: June 28, 2020, 12:19:16 AM »
My father was born in 1911 and he never forgot the Spanish flu pandemic - I can remember him talking about it and now I know why it left such an indelible memory on his mind.  This is awful and of course parts of America are so much worse.  We have a lot of idiots who are not observing the most basic of requirements.

We are slowing opening up here and in some places maybe not so slowly.  I want to go home in October, (I had booked my flight for March) but I don't even know if that is going to be possible as the EU really is right in not wanting US people coming over and upsetting the applecart for them.

In the meantime I will keep a positive approach and hope to be home as soon as possible.

regards, cathy

sweenytodd

« Reply #351 on: June 28, 2020, 09:24:59 AM »
I live in Southern Ireland 🇮🇪 now Cathy and we just got a new government so donít know how they will handle it I hope as well as Leo and his party did. Stay Safe if you are coming Home

Redkate

« Reply #352 on: June 29, 2020, 12:55:42 AM »
I was talking to my friend also from Northern Ireland but living in Dublin  Moira Ahern, yes you can make the connection while I name drop, married to his brother. .and Moira was telling me the news on the government, it will be interesting to say the least.  I married a falla from Dublin who think they are the bees knees but its been 52 years now, so we will see if it works out. .but I do go back to Dublin well just outside Dublin and I miss it as I have family there.

sweenytodd

« Reply #353 on: June 30, 2020, 11:01:34 PM »
Kate i live in A little village Well not so little anymore In Co Meath Retired now {from doing nothing anyway} my 2 sons are now in the Business and we are the largest  family owned barber chain in Ireland and the UK. This lockdown has been a nightmare for the lads But we are all back now so please god we all Stay Safe  We were on Your Blumberg news yesterday. You may have seen it

Redkate

« Reply #354 on: July 01, 2020, 12:03:20 AM »
We must live up the road from each other when I am in Ireland.  I live in Malahide and one of my daughters lives in Ratoath. .so its a small world.  My husband would give anything for a hair cut just now and I am sure your boys would be only too happy to be back at work.  It looks like we are banned from travel to Europe due to the pandemic and to the idiot in charge. .I too am well retired

sweenytodd

« Reply #355 on: July 01, 2020, 12:16:04 AM »
This is getting weird ha ha i Live in Ratoath Where in belfast you originally from ??

Redkate

« Reply #356 on: July 01, 2020, 12:29:48 AM »
I was born in Beechmount Parade but left there when I was about 11. .living in Dublin, then lived in England in Hampshire and London, then back to Galway, then Dublin in Malahide and about 23 years ago came to California. ..

sj

« Reply #357 on: July 01, 2020, 04:51:10 AM »
I was talking to my friend also from Northern Ireland but living in Dublin  Moira Ahern, yes you can make the connection while I name drop, married to his brother. .and Moira was telling me the news on the government, it will be interesting to say the least.  I married a falla from Dublin who think they are the bees knees but its been 52 years now, so we will see if it works out. .but I do go back to Dublin well just outside Dublin and I miss it as I have family there.

This has become a very upmarket " Old Barbers thread" ?      :)

Redkate

« Reply #358 on: July 01, 2020, 05:16:09 AM »
we're posers. .ha ha.

sweenytodd

« Reply #359 on: July 01, 2020, 06:25:26 PM »
Sam I have just had a post from a lady in N Ireland Who has Informed That my Granny Mc Allister Maiden Name was O Neill, From about Carrickhill Just wondering with my Grandad Connor and your Grandad beign Friends would there be any relation. Any Links ????