Author Topic: old barbers  (Read 50599 times)

sweenytodd

Re: old barbers
« Reply #360 on: July 17, 2020, 07:12:52 PM »
Sam did you get my last post  Sometimes i think you go to Sleep

sj

« Reply #361 on: July 17, 2020, 10:34:37 PM »
Sam did you get my last post  Sometimes i think you go to Sleep

Hugh
I apologize I saw your post and thought that I had answered
I am no sure is the answer but I would be interested in talking to her . Have you done any Genelogy on your side
Sit down for a moment .   My grandfather's mother was Rose Anne Mc Alister .   Maybe we should investigate but can,t find her after his birth.  She had several sisters and a brother . Can we talk to the woman who contacted you   Where are all  the barbers?
Sam
I'm patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it ...

sweenytodd

« Reply #362 on: July 18, 2020, 06:05:27 PM »
Sam i really am Intrigued now My Dad had 2 half Brothers i Only Knew one Stephen Boyle who was a boxing promoter off sorts, So i asked about 6 years ago did anyone From Carrickhill know him or any photos, then last week a get a pm from this lady who is a grandaughter off the other half brother Alex. And she informs me that my Granny Mc Allister was an O Neill always had drawn a blank on my dads sideSo waiting for more News will keep you posted  Interesting That you have a Mc Allister

shunky

« Reply #363 on: October 09, 2020, 08:45:43 PM »
Sweeney,

John Turley cut my hair for a few years when he had a shop near the co-op on York St.  I needed a haircut and was walking from the rail station on my way into town.     Does the bloke called Frankie still own the executive ?
He went to the same school as you and is about the same age.
I can remember the story in the newspapers when one of Laurel & Hardie , who were performing in Belfast, went to a barbers near the Midland Hotel and seeming he had a packed shop in stitches .   Only one person had a haircut. :D
Where is John Turley's sons place. ....if I were Johnmac I would sue the barber who cut his hair. ??? ::)

John Turley was my uncle. He had three shops, one in Berry street, one in York Street and one in Dundalk. His son Jim owns Harvey Rose Master Barbers. Google it and you'll find him on Facebook page

Bread Basket

« Reply #364 on: October 09, 2020, 08:57:43 PM »
John cut my Sister’s hair for YEARSSSSSSSSSS.

sj

« Reply #365 on: October 10, 2020, 11:28:38 AM »
John cut my Sister’s hair for YEARSSSSSSSSSS.

When Sweeney Todd wasn't cutting my hair then John was? :)

sweenytodd

« Reply #366 on: October 10, 2020, 01:40:16 PM »
Bread Basket you have My attention I must Know you if i cut your hair Was it in York St or in Church lane Have great recall off most off my Customers Not Names but Faces       Give us a clue Does Sam know who you are ????????

sj

« Reply #367 on: October 10, 2020, 02:04:45 PM »
Bread Basket you have My attention I must Know you if i cut your hair Was it in York St or in Church lane Have great recall off most off my Customers Not Names but Faces       Give us a clue Does Sam know who you are ??? ??? ??
Hugh.
John cut his sisters hair..  I think that B basket went to the same school but later.
Breadbasket we await confirmation :-*

Bread Basket

« Reply #368 on: October 10, 2020, 03:18:50 PM »
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I never had my hair cut in John Turley’s.... as Sam says ... it was my sister.

Me I was strictly Eddie Allen’s at the top of Dock St.   mainly, it was either Seamus or Tommy who cut my hair. Seamus then opened his own place on the Falls Rd just up from the Falls Baths on the opposite side of the Rd, near the pedestrian crossing. However I do remember needing a quick haircut and thought i’d Just nip into Geordie Leonard’s in Garmoyle St.  Geordie and the family were lovely people but once in his chair was enough 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤫🤫🤫🤫

You are also correct Sam with the educational establishment.... 65 to 71

sj

« Reply #369 on: October 10, 2020, 10:59:15 PM »
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I never had my hair cut in John Turley’s.... as Sam says ... it was my sister.

Me I was strictly Eddie Allen’s at the top of Dock St.   mainly, it was either Seamus or Tommy who cut my hair. Seamus then opened his own place on the Falls Rd just up from the Falls Baths on the opposite side of the Rd, near the pedestrian crossing. However I do remember needing a quick haircut and thought i’d Just nip into Geordie Leonard’s in Garmoyle St.  Geordie and the family were lovely people but once in his chair was enough 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤫🤫🤫🤫

You are also correct Sam with the educational establishment.... 65 to 71
I knew it??   It's your spelling /( joke).   I read your posts on the school site. :)
Jim Hanna started around Whitla Sr in a barbers someplace.  I read his humorous article about cutting Laurel & Hardies hair at the Midland hotel.

sweenytodd

« Reply #370 on: October 11, 2020, 11:34:30 PM »
Shunky in an earlier  post says wee John was his uncle  I wonder does he Remember Johns wife Briege a nice lady as John was a gentleman Johns Son worked for my Lads a Short Time In Dublin