Author Topic: Iveagh  (Read 6161 times)

Uriah

Re: Iveagh
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2013, 04:02:48 AM »
Hi Broadwaykid, did you know the Foresters on Broadway Rd? There were quite a few of them, think the mother was Italian. Also Harry Fagan from the shop by the BeeHive, he went to St Finians.

broadwaykid

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2013, 12:01:48 PM »
Yes I remember them  but the only names  I can recall for sure were Peter, Gary, Ronnie, Anita, Pauline. Their dad was killed in a bicycle accident that I do remember and their mum was friendly with my mum hence we used to get some great Italian dishes there as a treat. I remember a little guy by the name of John Freele ??that lived right next door to them.  Harry Fagan and his brother ran the shop after the mother died, she was a nice lady with glasses. Next door was Ned the barber, then there was the Breen sisters who sold about everything, they had a house across the road from the shop which always had lodgers right next to the bus stop. Then there was the chemist at the corner of Broadway itself, I forget who owned it and beside it was a wee sweet shop between Breens house and the Chemist. Fusco,s fish and chip shop was down in the next block facing Broadway Church and below that was Meladys fruit and vegetable shop. There was another  family in Broadway the Lockharts and at the very top same side the Mc skimmings??? not to sure of the spelling of their name.

bhelena

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2013, 01:58:29 PM »
Who do you know from Iveagh,Fallswater,etc. I reember playing in Our Lady's (if Im right they were called Riddles fields) before leisure centre was built.
Hello pat000 did you know a family by the name of Duffy the would have left Iveagh in the early60s they moved up to Kinard Avenue I cant remember the girls name but she had red hair played with her as a kid ???

Roller skates

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2013, 06:54:53 PM »
Hi Broadway kid

The Forresters lived at no. 37.  They were Peter, Gary, Ronnie, Noel, Eileen Frances, Ita and Pauline.  You nearly got them all.  Down below the Forresters were the Freils who visited their Grandfather.  The Boyles owned the Chemists at Broadway, I even got my picture in their glass case !!!! Miskimmons were no 5 Broadway and their Mother was also Italian. Do you remember the McCartans no. 35?  I met Sheila just before Christmas.  The little shop between the shoemenders and Boyles sold sweets and great licqorice sticks.  I think you were wondering about P. Trainor.... I have her no. !!  Nice to read your memories.  Your Mum and Aunt Josie were lovely.  Rs
A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction!!

Budore

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2013, 09:13:41 PM »
 Breen sisters who sold about everything, they had a house across the road from the shop which always had lodgers right next to the bus stop. Then there was the chemist at the corner of Broadway itself, I forget who owned it and beside it was a wee sweet shop between Breens house and the Chemist. Fusco,s fish and chip shop was down in the next block facing Broadway Church and below that was Meladys fruit and vegetable shop.   .

Hi Broadwaykid,
I worked with Tommy Breen in RVH in the early 70's. He lived in the house next the wee sweet shop. He was once a goalkeeper for Belfast Celtic; a true, quietly spoken, gentleman.

Fusco's fish and chip shop was in the next block down facing the old Co-op, right in the middle of the block between Islandbawn Street and Brighton Street.

There were two Meladys greengrocers shops on the Falls Road at Broadway. There was one up beside Breens and another in the middle of the block between Islandbawn Street & Islandbawn Drive. IIRC they were related but had some kind of a family fall-out.

B

A Friend

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2018, 08:18:50 PM »
Hi all,
Does anyone know of the Boyle Family who lived on Fallswater Drive?

Regards,
A Friend

McKeown_87

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2021, 05:40:48 AM »
Hi all

Would anyone remember the McCartans from 39 Broadway?

Thanks in advance  :)