Author Topic: Volunteers needed to maintain the Belfast History board.  (Read 6512 times)

Chris

• Administrator
Volunteers needed to maintain the Belfast History board.
« on: June 08, 2012, 01:57:41 PM »
The Belfast History board and Old Photos board are important parts of BelfastForum. It is also a great resource for Belfast history for the rest of the world, with Belfastforum coming up top in most Google searches for specific items in Belfast's past. However as a whole it is a bit unwieldly and messy in places and needs some maintenance. I am therefore wondering if there are any volunteers to become local moderators in order to tidy things up and keep things in order. It would only apply to this board and the Old Belfast Photos board, they wouldn't have to moderate the rest of the forum. It would suit any established members who love Belfast History and has a bit of time on their hands to improve this board and make it an even better resource for all.

It would mean going through the old topics and:
- merging topics that are on the same subject.
- giving topics more relevant titles if they are a bit vague.
- removing off-topic chatter, deleted photobucket pictures, etc from old topics to tidy them up and make them more relevent.
- moving any unrelated topics to more appropriate boards.
- general tidying up and keeping things in order on an ongoing basis.

Any one interested please pm me.

Chris

• Administrator
Re: Call for volunteers to maintain the Belfast History board.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 11:40:38 AM »
Thanks to Valkerr for volunteering for the above. She is now a local moderator of this board and will help Pentio and me to maintain the history boards. A lot needs sorting out so we could still use more volunteers. If anyone else is interested in helping please contact me.