Author Topic: Everton School  (Read 55701 times)

liz17

Re: Everton School
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2012, 12:36:16 PM »
Yes Rob I am very blessed to have 5 grandkids my oldest boy nearly 44 has 1 daughter age 10 and my youngest boy 40 has 4, 2 boys 2 girls, girls are 20 and 10, the boys 18 and 12, I thank God every day for everything,So I know how lucky I am and I don't forget it.
Ref book thought you were joking lol. Did you go to the forum picks.  used to love going there Sat. mornings..Any way must get on with some housework won't get done itself..Take Care Liz. ::)

liz17

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2012, 03:46:34 PM »
Hope everyone on here had a good week-end, The weather here is a bit mixed. Keep trying to get a picture of everything around Everton School the caretakers house I believe is a doctors now can't remember what the school is used for now..Take Care all..Liz.

asp1

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2012, 07:41:54 PM »
When I visited Belfast a couple of years ago I went to have a look at the school, it was in a bit dreary looking, think its some sort of community/drop-in centre.  I found a lot of my old haunts had disappeared sad but at least the memories are good. The street I lived in is still there but redeveloped, I sat on the kerb where my house had been, seems a strange thing to do but it felt really good lol

liz17

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2012, 01:09:00 PM »
Hello rob1943 hope you and family are well.
Well asp1 last time I saw the old school it did look very sad, felt like it was crying out :( lol, must say forgot to look round the back of it, don't know if you can still get in that way. :-\ Liz   

Rob1943

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2012, 12:57:45 PM »
Hello ALL,  Sorry I havn't been on lately but what with helping my son move up North to Queensland and my dau moving into a new dwelling I've been rather busy :(  >:D It's not really what I thought retirement would be LOL.  Now Liz yes I went to the Forum picks most Saturdays and of course rolled jaffy's down the aisles as well as a few stick bombs  :o Family and I are rolling along fine thanks Liz as I hope you and yours are as well.

I was last in Belfast in 2010 and stayed with my cousins in Rathcoole and I went down to Everton just for a wee look and yes I agree with you asp and Liz it does look rather shabby poor old place but I have my memories and it will allways be a soft spot in my heart for my time there.

Stay well and happy and thanks for your support in this thread,  Cheers for now, Rob  ;)
Belfast born and shall love it till my last day :)

theorrs

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2012, 04:18:48 PM »
rob 1943    can you remember the 2 cottages that stood at the corner of the crumlin rd an the woodvale rd be side the holycross school  would love to see any pics taken about 1945 thats when i  lived in woodvale dr and some children went to everton school i went to ballygomartin school which was beside the river that came down from the glencairn.  great times, no troubles then.

asp1

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2012, 06:36:16 PM »
1945 is a little early for me. I knew people from Woodvale Drive in the 60's. Had you moved then?

liz17

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2012, 09:07:59 PM »
Glad to see you back rob 1943, Boys then it was harmless fun, Do you remember fusgos(spelling might not be right) chippy many a happy time spent in there still love music any type, I married a singer keyboard player he was also a chef. Been quite busy with grandkids 3 younger ones,
My oldest boy has a mobile home so been there over week-end.I'm off work for a week from Friday and going to Devon for long week-end to see my friend who used to live in Belfast so should be good ;) .Your right asp1school does look dreary and run down. :o
Hope everyone and theres keep well. :)

asp1

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2012, 09:25:20 PM »
Hi Liz, just wondered do you still live in Belfast, hope you enjoy Devon it's lovely there.

theorrs

« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2012, 09:34:20 AM »
yes asp 1, i had moved about 1964 got married an finished up in Holywood co down

Rob1943

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2012, 11:23:17 AM »
Hi and welcome theorrs, sorry but 1945 I was 2yrs old and didn't get about much LOL  :D my Uncle lived in Woodville Park but I really can't say I remember those 2 cottages mate. Liz I do remember that chippy but my Ma was quite a control freak so I didn't get out a lot  . maybe that's just as well as I went a tad wild as soon as we got here to Australia and my 16yr old hormones kicked in  :o .  I had a couple of girlfriends at Everton but as I am now closing in on 70 my memory don't go back that far to remember their names :( what a shame eh ?

Hey have a wonderful time in Devon and don't do anything I won't do  :-*

Cheers ALL, Rob
Belfast born and shall love it till my last day :)

liz17

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2012, 07:43:43 PM »
Hello everyone hope your all well and healthy, I have had a great and hectic few months   can't complain  got to now try and get back to some kind of normal if I can.ASP1 I now live in Kent have done since 1971, I did move back after my husband died stayed for 18 months  got a job in R.V.H  2 days after landing great job did not mean to stay so long had toget back missed my kids and grandkids, but had a good time.Rob1943 hope your behaving yourself  i've heard about you from some girls that went to Everton school lol   
good health to you and your... Liz 17 xo

asp1

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2012, 08:39:25 PM »
Hi Liz17 good to hear from you again.  Seems we are all exiles, I live north east England. Don't get to Belfast very often, my kids and grandkids are here, so no chance of moving back.  Still keep in touch with family and friends so its not too bad.  Theres lots of things I miss though, especially chipshop pastie suppers !

liz17

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2012, 07:48:26 PM »
Hello ASP1,I had a great time in Devon, My chum met me at Exeter she lives in a lovely place just outside there called Beer its beautiful.
She was my boss in R.V.H. she had been there 22 years left N.I. about 3 years ago and loves where she is now.
I miss a lot of things from home like mixed veg  soup mix, paris buns and yes our chippys can't be beaten.  what do others miss from home.
Take care              Liz 17  xo

asp1

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2012, 09:13:39 PM »
Hi Liz : I've not really been to Devon, drove through Exeter but don't count that as a visit.  Been to Cornwall loads of times love it there. What a great name for a place though.    Paris buns, haven't thought of them for ages. Remember Veda bread, used to hate that when I was little. Have you always lived Kent? I've lived various places but been settled here since 76, although the company I work for is near Stansted airport so I get down there from time to time.