Author Topic: Everton School  (Read 58982 times)

liz17

Re: Everton School
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2012, 12:14:42 PM »
Hello ASP1, Am I glad its the week-end, Been very busy at work lots happening, More or less always lived here the whole time, I've had a few breaks after my husband died I went too Guersey on a 3 week holiday but after 2 weeks I got a job got a permit to stay I think it was for 3 months when it ran out went to Belfast after 2 days got a job in R.V.H. stayed for 18 months but had to leave missed here to much. I've got to stop there.Think I've said before.lol. Have a great week-end the weather not bad here, whats your weather like up there.  Take care xo

liz17

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2012, 12:19:44 PM »
H Rob 1943 I hope your well like you sometimes don't get on here but will try and keep going, but we need you on as well after all you started it.
You and yours keep well. Take care  Liz xo

Rob1943

« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2012, 12:29:09 PM »
Hi Liz and ALL,

Sorry once again for not being in here much but we have just come back from our yearly holidays up in the warm North of Australia and I have to say it was grand   Sun, Beaches, Food and cool Wine, ( plus a few bikini's but don't tell me Mrs LOL ) :o   Ohh Paris Buns wow hav'nt even thought about those in ages and the other thing I miss in me Belfast Fry although I must add my body dosn't miss them LOL  ;)   Glad you had a good time in Devon my Mrs and I stayed in Pol Perro last time we was over there and we stayed two nights in Exeter as well ... it was part of a 3 weeks drive around England, Wales and Scotland which we were fortunate to do 4 yrs prior to that trip :)

We had a wedding to go to in Belfast and my cousins got us a B&B where they served an Irish Fry for breakfast   Yummmmmm but she just looked at mine and said "How could You !!   LOL

Hello ASP1 so nice of you to pop back in here and I'm so veru pleased we ALL get a kick out of the thread as it gives us a chance to recall the old days and to remind each other of certain things :)

God Bless you ALL and thanks for joining in, my fondest wishes go out to you and yours, take care Rob  :-*
Belfast born and shall love it till my last day :)

asp1

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2012, 03:07:22 PM »
Hi Rob  lucky you with the sunshine, raining cats and dogs here in north England and the nights seem the be drawing in fast. I like a fry from time to time, can buy potato bread etc in the shops, so its a nice treat. But I must admit its better when someone cooks it for you. 
Hi Liz : Have never been to the Channel Islands, but doing my family tree discovered my great grandfather married an Alderney girl and lived there for a while before returning to Belfast.   
Do either of you remember dulce (dark red seaweed) from the fruit shops?  I hadn't had any for years and my cousin sent me some,  Really salty so  I suppose this day and age we wouldn't feed our kids it, but at school we were always eating the little bags of it.
Glad you are both well

liz17

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2012, 08:42:29 PM »
Rob1943, Good to have you on board again, Not heard of pol perro must ask my chum.Hello asp1, When I used to go home my husband and sons gave me a shopping list,dulce,brown lemonade,wee buns( mixed pastry)sodas,potato bread and buttermilk, there must be more can't think at the moment.
But as you say you can get the latter 3 in England now. Glad you and mrs had a good time looks like she has her hands full with you ha ha.  :D
I will have to get the little grey cells working to remember more. Take care rob1943 and you asp1  good to hear from you. Liz...
  ::) ???

asp1

« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2012, 09:00:40 PM »
I think the best crisps are Tayto and I get them online delivered. Cheese and Onion heaven lol.  Can't believe how many on the forum don't actually live in Belfast anymore.  Here in Middlesbough I have met people from the Crumlin Road, Agnes Street, Ainsworth Avenue and the Shankill, to mention a few places.

Rob1943

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2012, 11:54:02 AM »
Hi asp1 and a big YES to dulce    we use to have a bag of dulce and another bag of periwinkles when we went to the Forum picture house and then we would flick the periwinkle shells over the top of people  .. yes I was a [censored] but after all wasn't that what young boys are suppose to be ??  :P   Liz PolPerro is next to Looe on the Cornwell coast down from Plymouth and from there we went to Mount Michael which was fantastic and they served the best Clotted cream scones with tea   Yummy :)

Take care folks till I get on here next, Rob :)

liz17

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2012, 02:50:20 PM »
Hello rob and asp1 at last the week-end busy week. You must love Tayto to have them delivered If I remember  they made them on the shankill road  below Agnes st am I right.Hello hope your well rob1943 Take care all.

Rob1943

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2012, 09:21:58 AM »
Hi Liz & asp1,

I don't know about Tayto but last time I was home in Belfast staying with my cousin I couldn't get over the mix of crisps you could get there ... It made them lol and then they took me to their local supermarket just see how many different tastes we could buy OMG  :o  I think we ended up with about 15 !!

Hope you ALL are well and happy and life is treating you good  ;)

Cheers for now, Rob  :D

liz17

« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2012, 10:47:20 AM »
Hello rob1943,Good to hear from you hope you and family are well.As you can see I'm not at work, I'ts 10-35am voice gone feels like I have a hangover,
So got to get myself back on track, In our school days we just wanted to get to the next age number but look were we are now who would have thought.
All in all It's been a good journey a bit bumpy at times but mainly good. hope your well asp1 not heard from you . Take care ya all. Liz. :bad: :bb: :drinks: Tayto would not go down very well,but given time maybe in a few days. :haha:

Rob1943

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2012, 12:55:31 PM »
Hi Liz, So sorry to hear your not feeling the best but you know of course you can't hold a Belfastion down long  :P  so I know you will be 100% very soon  :-*   Yes I have to agree as my kids who btw are now 43 & 40 yrs old say age is but a number and my standard answer to that is " Yeh wait till your my age and let's see if you still say the same ?"  LOL :D

Take care my friend, Rob  ;)

asp1

« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2012, 11:20:04 PM »
Liz I hope you're feeling better, sorry I haven't been posting just been a busy time, weekends are always a bit hectic trying to catch up with things that get put off when I'm working during the week.  I'm sure you know what that's like.
Rob : crisps have gone mad, they even have turkey and stuffing flavour for Christmas  :D  I can't buy Tayto here but I think they are the best crisps.  My gran kids love them too!     I think age doesn't matter, mentally I feel I'm still in my 20's but after a night partying the aches and pains remind me I'm not  :(   

Rob1943

« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2012, 08:09:15 AM »
Hi asp1,  I know what you mean about being busy I often say I'd like to be back in the workforce as I don't seem to have any spare time in retirement  ;)   But it ALL helps keep the body and mind active and they say that's the secret to a happy healthy long life and I intend to be here till I'm 110  :o  LOL

Trouble is asp1 I have the aches and pains and I havn't even partied LOL  ???

Cheers for now, ps. I have added you and Liz to my buddies list hope neither of you mind but if so just tell me and I'll correct it,  Rob :)

liz17

« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2012, 09:47:39 AM »
Hello rob1943 and asp1 good to hear from you buddies lol, Can't stay on here long, Still not back to work, coughing like mad so got to go see a doctor.
If thats not all my brother Jim was taken into hospital last night his sugar level was 32 very high, he has had traumatic brain injury, happened 2 years ago
and I phone him every night and call after work twice a week, so got to deal with that. but you know us from Norn Ireland are tough cookies. :bb: Take care  O0 great to hear from you both please keep talking.bye No parties while I'm away. :party:

Rob1943

« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2012, 04:51:59 AM »
Hi Liz, So sorry to hear about both your cough and your brother so I'm sending you both my very special home brewed heart felt wishes and thoughts for a good & speedy recovery and you gotta know Rob's specials DON'T fail OK ?  ;)    Now as far as partying well I honestly can't fully agree to that as our son has just dropped into Melbourne with his "Fiancée" which has my Mrs and I in a spin   OMG at long last  :o  The other thing that is spinning us out is as she is an American they are planning the wedding in Hawaii. !!!  ( Bloody long way away for us  ??? )

Please get better soon Liz and seriously my prayers go out to for your brother's outcome !

Friendly hugs and cheers for now, Rob  :-*