Author Topic: Everton School  (Read 56500 times)

asp1

Re: Everton School
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2012, 05:17:45 PM »
Liz : Hope things have picked up for you and your brother. Thinking of you both.
Rob: Congratulations to your son and his intended. Always enjoy a wedding. My three are all settled now the last was my son just over a year ago, that wedding was at Gretna Green,  February freezing but we all enjoyed it. but must confess a little sad without my husband on the family occasions.  Hawaii now that's great although I suppose the floral shirts won't be required lol.
Not much happening here at the moment, just been busy working and shopping for my holiday. Looking forward to a bit of sunshine as there's been very little of it this year. Any tan is from rust with all the rain and floods we've had in the typical British summer.

liz17

« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2012, 06:54:22 PM »
Rob1943, Thanks for prayers still waiting for home brew, :D What wonderful news about your son,Hawaii,
Brace yourselves and start saving like mad,Enjoy every moment, remember to have a soft place to fall when it sinks in. :yahoo:
asp1 Lovely to hear from you,We do make work for ourselves don't we, as you know some things could wait but we must do it now ::)
Thank you both for your well wishes, I do feel much better a wee bit wishy washy but a lot better, My brother is out and on insulin don't know if its for good or what,will have too wait for doc's results.
Would you believe it going to a 60's and 70's night on 2nd Nov.hope I'm up for it I know when I hear the music I'll think I'm in the Plaza back home. :haha: :whistle: Now hold that thought :party: Hope all well in both your worlds. blessings and health.Liz xo.

Rob1943

« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2012, 08:58:11 AM »
Hi asp1 and Liz, many thanks for your kind comments and I almost choked on that "Rust" comment asp1  :o  LOL and I have already told my son that I will search out the most loud and outrageous floral shirt to wear with my grass skirt   LOL  ;)  he dosn't know if I'm serious or not  :D

Ohh Liz 60's 70's the best years ever  ::)  that has to get you up and well don't it ? He he

Take care as I care, Rob  :-*
Belfast born and shall love it till my last day :)

liz17

« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2012, 09:28:48 AM »
Good morning to you both, I have had a good nights sleep thanks to lemsip better than drink, :drinks:
Do you remember the wee bottles of milk we used to get in school, I only remember it in winter time, Used to sit ouside in the snow the milk was almost frozen, but never tasted milk like it since it was so nice. :nyam:
When do you go on holiday and where, do tell,asp1  I hope its soon.
Suppose it'll be shirts to the ready for this wedding, you must keep us up to date with everything please Rob.. Good health to both.  Take care     Blessings.   Liz

asp1

« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2012, 10:27:45 PM »
Rob:   expect you to post a pic of you in the grass skirt  ;)  Forgot to ask whe is the wedding taking place?  I'm excited and I don't even know your son!   Still rusting here thick fog as well this morning, still be in the sunshine soon.
Liz: Glad your brother's getting sorted I'm sure when the insulin stabilises things, he will be 100%.   On the subject of school milk, I hated it and never ever had any, I didn't even like watching the others drink it. I still remember the smell and it's awful :bad:  I did like the jam sponge and custard and the semolina from the school dinners. My grandkids don't get milk at school they only allow water and the kids take their own bottles every day. 
I'm off to Lanzarote in just over a week's time. really looking forward to it.   Great music from the 60's & 70's, the wee club I go to have a different group on every week and it's a mixture from 60's to up to date, I love it all from the Searchers, through Sweet, T-rex, Alice Cooper, to Madness, Guns & Roses, right up to Lady GaGa.  Dance to them all even Bob Marley is in there.  Keeps me fit and  no need for the WD40 for the joints just yet lol !   
Take care buddies, chat soon

Rob1943

« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2012, 10:59:28 AM »
LOL at the grass skirt photo asp1 .. the wedding will most likely be next August and they are planning to have it in Hawaii so that's why the subject of grass skirt came up  ;) and Hi Liz so glad to hear you've had a good sleep and have to agree the ole lim sip is great plus the odd wee dram of whiskey LOL   Bushmills of course  :P   Liz I remember being picked quite often to carry those crates of mini milk bottles to the different class rooms ... when my cousin came to Everton we use to drink a couple as we carried the crates  :D .  I'm sooo disappointed today as I was picked for juror service and only got to be there for a day when the whole juror was dismissed because one woman decided she might know one of the persons involved ... dam I wanted to experience the process and as it was going to be a 8 - 10weeks it also would have been a nice wee pay packet LOL  >:D ah well I'll just have to take to the streets again and sell my body  :o LOL

Take care folks    Rob  :-*

liz17

« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2012, 08:43:49 AM »
Good morning, hope your both well, asp1 funny you said about the jam sponge I made one last week for my families I do it in a dish the size of a roasting dish so quite big and put coconut on top, When it starts to get cold out come the baking trays :D
rob1943 Aug will be here before you know it, What will the weather be like in Hawaii then 8)
I think asp1 might be on holiday now hope she has a good time. You will have to get the jane fonda tape out to get in good shape for the dancing after at the wedding, got to look good on the floor :hi: Well back to work in the morning as we would say "back to porridge".LOTS OF HEALTH TO YOU BOTH
                        Liz. :girl_cray:

Rob1943

« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2012, 08:59:16 AM »
Hi Liz, your jam sponge sounds yummy we might have to stop off and taste it on our way thru to Hawaii  :D and our future daughter in law tells us that the weather should be awesome at that time so I may have to buy some of those wee skimpy bathing trunks LOL  ;)   Mrs and I are starting back to the gym next week so that maybe a few pounds will drop off by next August   we shall see  ???   ( The bigger challenge will be for us old pensioners to save up the airfare  :o )

Have a great day my friend and don't work too hard,

Rob  :-*

liz17

« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2012, 07:17:20 PM »
Hi Liz, your jam sponge sounds yummy we might have to stop off and taste it on our way thru to Hawaii  :D and our future daughter in law tells us that the weather should be awesome at that time so I may have to buy some of those wee skimpy bathing trunks LOL  ;)   Mrs and I are starting back to the gym next week so that maybe a few pounds will drop off by next August   we shall see  ???   ( The bigger challenge will be for us old pensioners to save up the airfare  :o )

Have a great day my friend and don't work too hard,

Rob  :-*
I was nearly finished replying and lost it all, Anyway as I was saying hope you and mrs are well.
I should start again on my wii fit did not want to start too soon after that bad bout I had but your making me sound lazy. Please don't go for the skimpy bathing shorts you'll need an operation to remove them now you know you both need the money for the drink. :haha: You are both very welcome to stop off and have some jam sponge, The deal is you bring some good weather with you..Have a very healthy week ahead :-* Liz

Watso

« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2012, 06:29:41 AM »
I didnt go to Everton myself,but i do remember a few boys who left to go to glenwood about 1952.There was Alex Harper from Glenbank Place,Sam Aughey from Cranbrook Gds and Jim Graham fom Berwick road,t These names may trigger of afew memories.

Rob1943

« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2012, 10:08:37 AM »
Hi Watso and welcome to the thread  .. I'm afraid my wee grey cells are depleting as we speak LOL  :o so those names do not ring any bells in my head but maybe some others in here will have better memories !

LOL Liz about the bathers  . I tired a G String once and I've never ever found it again  :o yeh well we started back at gym and I'm soooo bloody sore it had better be doing me some good  >:D   Hey Liz the weather has been really good here for past few weeks and I believe August in Hawaii is HOT and HUMID ( that sounds like my Mrs LOL  ::) ) so I'll pack some in a wee postage bag and mail it to you OK ?

Stay good folks, Rob  :-*

Rob1943

« Reply #71 on: December 24, 2012, 09:02:06 AM »
Hello Everton folks, I just popped in to Wish you ALL A Very Merry Christmas and A Safe and Happy New Year plus thanks so very much for joining in on this thread even though it ended up being a very small group of people but they for me are a very select and wonderful group  ;)

Have a great time and I look forward to 2013 and maybe we can share some more memories together and who knows maybe even some more Evertonians may appear LOL  :o

Cheers for now,  Rob  :D

liz17

« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2012, 05:24:00 PM »
Hello Rob 1943, Good to hear from you buddy,I have been very busy not been on here for some time but off work for 8 days so hope we can talk.               asp1hope your keeping well  please let me know how your holiday went                    Watso I know an Alex Harper  I think he married a girl from Silverstream Road      Take Care                                                                                                                                                                             

Merry Christmas &Happy Healthy New Year to all on the EVERTON thread
God Bless.xo.Liz 17.

theengineer

« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2012, 10:09:49 PM »
and me too.

Jim Kane

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2013, 12:21:59 AM »
Hey Rob
I think Mr Barnes (Benjamin?) may be my Great Uncle. I don't suppose anyone would have a photo with him in it?
Cheers
Jim