Author Topic: Everton School  (Read 68819 times)

James T

Re: Everton School
« Reply #390 on: April 23, 2019, 06:55:58 AM »
To Hotseat,
Sam I don’t remember you specifically but you would have known George,
Pity because I see you are in Pinehurst NC which is a great golfing place. I play and have been to South Carolina a few times but this year my club Royal Portrush are hosting the open  
It is amazing how many of our school mates are all over the world, only George and me still in old Norn Ireland!!

hotseat

« Reply #391 on: April 23, 2019, 04:14:19 PM »
Played Portrush a couple of years ago ,Also Malone, I lived in Velsheda Park   where did you live

James T

« Reply #392 on: April 23, 2019, 04:49:12 PM »
Sam see my earlier post, I lived in Gardiner St , peters Hill.

GeordieT

« Reply #393 on: April 24, 2019, 11:27:40 AM »
Hi Sim, my apologies,I am confusing you with another forum member .I remember the Stockmans from Velsheda, the dad was a bus conductor and Alan Graham did have two sisters.Regards George.

Peaser

« Reply #394 on: April 25, 2019, 01:56:46 AM »
Geordie T....There was a Hugh Stockman in my class at Wheatfield. You'll find some old Wheatfield photos on the Forum...but probably under Wheatfield heading. Hugh Stockman was mostly known as Q, as were most blokes called Hugh in Belfast... Queueie.

GeordieT

« Reply #395 on: April 25, 2019, 02:20:31 PM »
Peaser. That would have been the son,his dad was also Hugh.I left Wheatfield in 1958 and I think Hughie was a year of so ahead of me. Sadly I think he passed away in 2017. I have a great class photo of the whole class including the girls and the super teacher Mr Baxter,circa 1955/56. Don't know how to post it. Regards Geordie T.

Peaser

« Reply #396 on: April 25, 2019, 11:34:36 PM »
Geordie T....I left in 1956, and Hugh would have left about the same time I expect. There is a thread on the Forum site for Wheatfield school ...might be a couple....and there you should find a few photos I posted a while ago...and you'll see High Stockman in those,. along with a few other people you might recognise.

Peaser

« Reply #397 on: April 26, 2019, 07:13:48 AM »
Peaser. That would have been the son,his dad was also Hugh.I left Wheatfield in 1958 and I think Hughie was a year of so ahead of me. Sadly I think he passed away in 2017. I have a great class photo of the whole class including the girls and the super teacher Mr Baxter,circa 1955/56. Don't know how to post it. Regards Geordie T.
Hi Geordie T....I am trying to post a photo of a Wheatfield class with High Stockman. It's on the Glenbryn Park/ Ardoyne thread at the moment but I will try topmost it here.

Dsmaginnes

« Reply #398 on: April 30, 2020, 04:03:13 PM »
Hi Rob/Peaser  just wondered if the names Ernie or Harry Maginnes rang any bells.
Hi asp1 just came across this post about Everton school Ernie Maginnes was my father and Harry was my uncle

[email protected]

« Reply #399 on: March 25, 2022, 03:52:06 PM »
Hello Robina,

Can I ask did your mum run a shop? I was talking to my mum and she grew up with a girl called Robina who went to Everton and then over to the Girls Model 

[email protected]

« Reply #400 on: March 25, 2022, 03:56:11 PM »
Hello Robina,Can I ask did your mum run a shop? I was talking to my mum and she grew up with a girl called Robina who went to Everton and then over to the Girls Model

[email protected]

« Reply #401 on: March 25, 2022, 04:03:36 PM »
Hello Robina,Can I ask did your mum run a shop? I was talking to my mum and she grew up with a girl called Robina who went to Everton and then over to the Girls Model .

My mum Colleen Mcclughan

Creaky

« Reply #402 on: March 25, 2022, 04:22:00 PM »
Hello Robina,Can I ask did your mum run a shop? I was talking to my mum and she grew up with a girl called Robina who went to Everton and then over to the Girls Model .

My mum Colleen Mcclughan
Robina has not posted on here in about five years now but I can confirm that her parents were called Fred and Freda. They ran The Glen Chip Shop at the top of the Oldpark Road.
Love will always  change to sorrow, but everyone must play the game. We're here today and gone tomorrow, but the world goes on the same.

[email protected]

« Reply #403 on: March 25, 2022, 04:27:11 PM »

Would you know how I could contact her please

Creaky

« Reply #404 on: March 25, 2022, 04:59:04 PM »
Can only suggest you PM her through the forum. Right click on her user name to the left of her last post to take you to her profile. On the left is a button marked "action". Below that it says "send message" Click on that and go from there.
Love will always  change to sorrow, but everyone must play the game. We're here today and gone tomorrow, but the world goes on the same.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy