Author Topic: Lavery/Beattie  (Read 677 times)

liz b

Lavery/Beattie
« on: July 29, 2012, 06:29:52 AM »
Hi I wonder if anyone knows a family called Lavery in Belfast.  Names parents John Lavery and Jane Beattie, children Agnes, Mary, Patrick,James, Michael, John, Elizabeth, Joseph, William and Isidore.  Jane was the sister of my grandad John Beattie.

Neill Riddell

Re: Lavery/Beattie
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 05:16:31 PM »
Liz:

My great-aunt Edith Riddell (born 1891 est.) married a Charles Beattie.  Is there a possible connection?

Neill

liz b

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 01:44:25 AM »
Hi Neill, sorry I don't know of any Charles in the family but you never know where did your Beattie's come from?

Neill Riddell

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 03:21:45 AM »
I don't have much on him, but my best guess is that he was age 25 living in Ligoniel in 1911 with parents John and Sarah Jane.

liz b

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 03:35:35 AM »
can't help much hopefully someone will see the post and help both of us.  Liz

maura

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 02:31:18 PM »
John lavery married Jane Beatty 21st January 1888 Banbridge R.C. church, parish of Seapatrick, Banbridge Co. Down
John's father's a James
Jane's father's a JohnResidents of a house 36 in Butler Street (Clifton, Antrim)

maura

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 02:35:18 PM »
Charles Beattie married Edith Riddell 27th September 1918 Lisburn Road Methodist church Belfast
Charles father's a John
Edith father's a William

Monina

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2019, 10:33:34 AM »
Hi I'm new and only found this. My grandma was Joe Lavery. Of that family. Jane beattie his mum
I would love to know more about her
Hope you get this
Monina

Argo

liz b

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2019, 09:23:36 AM »
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Clifton_Ward/Brookfield_Street/983010/
1901 census
Hi Monina I just got this message and almost missed it as my virus protector put it in the trash bin along with other things I wanted so have to check it more often.
to answer your request, Jane married John in Banbridge but on the marriage it has his father as John but in fact it was Patrick.  Jane was born in Cavan and I think without finding my certs her father died before they married, her sister Agnes married John Kinney also in Banbridge but they all moved to Belfast, their brother John was my grandfather he married at Holy Cross Ardoyne.  In fact their parents married in Castleblaney Co Monaghan and had all the children in Co Cavan they had a few and a couple that died in fact i think what I found was that Jane was a triplet but mistakes can be made by registration.   Liz

liz b

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 09:41:47 AM »
Hi I'm new and only found this. My grandma was Joe Lavery. Of that family. Jane beattie his mum
Hope you get this
Monina
sorry Monina the answer i put on Argo's instead of yours LOL so check the one below yours.  It has been a while since I have been on any of my sites

liz b

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2019, 09:46:20 AM »
Hope you get this
Monina

They also had brothers Francis, Patrick, John and James, the sisters were Eliza, Jane, Agnes and Mary
all born Co Cavan